Exanuage

Waiting time after DQ for the US embassy in Egypt

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 minutes ago, katkoota said:

I was just going to post this.  It looks like there is definitely movement, they did 50 IR1 spousal visas in April 2021, same amount as they did in April 2019 so that's a very good sign.

Oops, they actually issued 59 in April 2021.

3 minutes ago, katkoota said:

I was just going to post this.  It looks like there is definitely movement, they did 50 IR1 spousal visas in April 2021, same amount as they did in April 2019 so that's a very good sign.

in comparison with the nonimmigrants visas which have been issued this month, this is not prioritizing. this month they have issued hundreds of tourist visas. this is not fair  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
9 hours ago, elmasry said:

does this look like Cairo embassy is following the prioritization guidelines?  APRIL 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.xlsx (state.gov)

Nope they definitely aren't, 3 K1 visas and 195 B1/2!! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
4 hours ago, elmasry said:

has any of you guys heard from the embassy or the nvc?

Nope, haven't heard anything.  I have seen 3 people post on this forum that they have interviews this month.  One was part of the lawsuit against the embassy, the other two never responded when I asked if they received an expedite or were part of the lawsuit, so not sure if they are regular interviews or not.

3 hours ago, katkoota said:

Nope, haven't heard anything.  I have seen 3 people post on this forum that they have interviews this month.  One was part of the lawsuit against the embassy, the other two never responded when I asked if they received an expedite or were part of the lawsuit, so not sure if they are regular interviews or not.

do you have any idea when were they DQ?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Latest post on the US embassy website, they are processing visas (I underlined the portion relevant to those of us still waiting at NVC):

https://eg.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

The U.S. Embassy in Cairo is currently processing a limited number of immigrant visa cases.  While the Embassy aims to process cases as soon as possible, there will be increased wait times due to a substantial backlog. For an update regarding worldwide visa services, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/visa-services-operating-status-update.htmlFor the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 travel restrictions, Presidential Proclamations, or visa related questions, please visit the following website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news.html

President Biden rescinded Presidential Proclamation (PP) 10014, entitled “Proclamation Suspending Entry of Immigrants Who Present Risk to the U.S. Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the COVID-19 Outbreak,” on February 24, 2021. President Biden also suspended the sections of PPs 10052 and 10131 which continued PP 10014 past its original expiration. These proclamations restricted the issuance of certain immigrant visas. Immigrant visa applicants, who had been affected by these proclamations, should review the instructions found here.

We will contact applicants who already had interviews in the PP 10014-affected visa categories (IR5 and all F visa categories) with instructions about how to process your case to completion.

If you reside in Egypt and your appointment was cancelled in April or May 2020, or if your case is in Cairo but has not been scheduled yet, or if you missed your appointment for any reason, please schedule/reschedule your appointment by emailing cairoiv@state.gov. Please note: if the system indicates that your case is not found, this means that your case is still with NVC (or KCC) and you will not be able to schedule an appointment at this time.  

If you/one of your children will soon turn 21 or you have a particularly urgent need to travel to the United States for a medical or other emergency, please send an email to cairoiv@state.gov wiith a detailed explanation of your circumstances so we may assess your case.

If you were issued a visa in any category except DV and were unable to use the visa before it expired, we may be able to reissue your visa upon receipt of updated documents and new fees. Contact us at cairoiv@state.gov with any questions about reissued visas.

For all applicants whose cases are documentarily qualified and are pending an appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC) and Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), you will receive your appointment date on a first-in, first-out basis. There are backlogs in every visa category. If you have a serious medical emergency you may contact NVC directly to request an expedited appointment.

DV2020 applicants who hold a valid immigrant visa have been granted a national interest exception (NIE) to the geographic COVID-19 Presidential Proclamations and may seek entry to the United States, despite the visa annotation “Entry Subject to PP 10014.” Note that the CDC requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test no more than three days before travel to the United States.  Individuals whose DV2020 visas have expired may not be issued replacement visas. In addition, DV2020 applicants, who were refused, will not be interviewed, scheduled, or reconsidered for visas, as those applicants were only eligible for issuance of a visa through the end of the 2020 fiscal year, which ended on September 30, 2020.

*** ImportantNote:We advise applicants not to make any travel arrangements before they physically receive their visas.***

Timeline
1 hour ago, elmasry said:

have any of you guys heard from the NVC OR THE EMBASSY?

Just making sure i have not missed any updates. 

Yes actually, I was just emailed yesterday that my husband has his interview 7/11.  He was documentarily qualified in May 2020.  I will keep the forum updated on how the interview goes.  They are definitely open!  Hopefully you will hear from them soon.

30 minutes ago, katkoota said:

Yes actually, I was just emailed yesterday that my husband has his interview 7/11.  He was documentarily qualified in May 2020.  I will keep the forum updated on how the interview goes.  They are definitely open!  Hopefully you will hear from them soon.

oh congratulations, i am so happy for you and wish you the best. 

byt, were you part of the law suit filed earlier this year?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.