Exanuage

Waiting time after DQ for the US embassy in Egypt

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
18 minutes ago, elmasry said:

oh congratulations, i am so happy for you and wish you the best. 

byt, were you part of the law suit filed earlier this year?

Thank you and I will definitely let you know how it goes.

No, I didn't join the lawsuit and I am glad I saved the money!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 6/24/2021 at 12:31 AM, katkoota said:

Yes actually, I was just emailed yesterday that my husband has his interview 7/11.  He was documentarily qualified in May 2020.  I will keep the forum updated on how the interview goes.  They are definitely open!  Hopefully you will hear from them soon.

That's great news! congrats to both of you.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Dollahbills said:

That's great news! congrats to both of you.

Thank you so much!  I hope you were able to get your interview, I remember you were having issues with the website.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
13 hours ago, elmasry said:

you know what i really don't understand, is that the monthly visa issuance says that they are issuing hundreds of tourist and students visas and only 58 ir1, or not even 10 of the k1. this is soo confusing. someone say something please   !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there, I really don't know why they are processing so few K-1 visas and so many tourist/student visas.  It is very confusing 🥴

The good news is my husband had his interview two days ago and was approved pending the medical results.  He received a call from the hospital today that their lab is back up and running so he will go in Thursday to complete his medical, have it sent to the embassy, and hopefully within a few weeks he will have his visa.

As I said before on this post, we didn't have an expedite and weren't  part of any lawsuit, so they are definitely processing regular visas.  Hopefully everyone on this thread gets an interview soon.  If so, please keep us all updated.  Take care everyone and if you have questions about the interview I will be happy to answer them.

11 hours ago, katkoota said:

Hi there, I really don't know why they are processing so few K-1 visas and so many tourist/student visas.  It is very confusing 🥴

The good news is my husband had his interview two days ago and was approved pending the medical results.  He received a call from the hospital today that their lab is back up and running so he will go in Thursday to complete his medical, have it sent to the embassy, and hopefully within a few weeks he will have his visa.

As I said before on this post, we didn't have an expedite and weren't  part of any lawsuit, so they are definitely processing regular visas.  Hopefully everyone on this thread gets an interview soon.  If so, please keep us all updated.  Take care everyone and if you have questions about the interview I will be happy to answer them.

congratulations, hopefully we are next. pray for us. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, katkoota said:

That's wonderful!! I'm so glad things finally moved for you and you'll be together in no time! that's so exciting and gives us hope! they better start processing more K1 visas though or else lol

Timeline

Hi there hello quick update. Me and my fiancee have been calling ustraveldocs for like a month and still no fixing my account issue but when I called today she said I had 3 available appointment slots for August and I was shocked and she scheduled me for August 24th! I can't believe it tbh let me know if anyone else gets a date I'm so damn happy right now :D 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Dollahbills said:

Hi there hello quick update. Me and my fiancee have been calling ustraveldocs for like a month and still no fixing my account issue but when I called today she said I had 3 available appointment slots for August and I was shocked and she scheduled me for August 24th! I can't believe it tbh let me know if anyone else gets a date I'm so damn happy right now :D 

Awesome, congratulations!!!!! I hope you have a great interview!

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 7/15/2021 at 3:53 PM, Dollahbills said:

That's a really good trick to know, can you please share their so I can give it a shot

Filed: IR-2 Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is there any updates here guys? my daughter is DQ since Aug 2020 and I tried to ask the embassy which period are they in and scheduling interviews for and they referred me to NVC to know such an information whom always blame the embassy about any lateness 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.