Exanuage

Waiting time after DQ for the US embassy in Egypt

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi! Our CR-1 application got documentary qualified on Sept. 24th. We are wondering how long does it usually take until we get our interview email or date in Egypt?

If anyone went through this recently can you please tell me how long you waited for the interview after you got DQ?

Thanks.

Timeline
On 11/10/2019 at 5:43 AM, Exanuage said:

Hi! Our CR-1 application got documentary qualified on Sept. 24th. We are wondering how long does it usually take until we get our interview email or date in Egypt?

If anyone went through this recently can you please tell me how long you waited for the interview after you got DQ?

Thanks.

currently Egypt is about 5-7 months backlogged.

you can expect it to be at least that long to get an interview, those from May are still waiting, some even as far back as March.

Good luck in your journey.

Timeline
On 11/11/2019 at 1:46 PM, Khallaf said:

currently Egypt is about 5-7 months backlogged.

you can expect it to be at least that long to get an interview, those from May are still waiting, some even as far back as March.

Good luck in your journey.

Thanks, Khallaf. Let's hope for the best! Haha.

12 hours ago, Husam Attalla said:

I thought there were no backlogs on immigration visas for spouses as there are no caps on them...... I was DQ on November 6... I hope I don't have to wait 5 months......

It's very frustrating for sure. Stay strong.

Timeline
On 11/17/2019 at 4:05 AM, Exanuage said:

It's very frustrating for sure. Stay strong.

sadly, even spouse visa get backlogged due to how busy some embassy can get.

Those who were DQ in May are not getting interview letters for Egypt.

Mexico is backlogged almost 1 year even for spouse visa.

Embassy are just getting overloaded with not enough spots to put everyone, they only open so many spouse visa slots, K1 spots and visit visa slots.

so if you just got DQ in November you can expect sometimes Jan-Feb even March of 2020 to get your interview letter.

Timeline
On 11/16/2019 at 3:09 PM, Husam Attalla said:

I thought there were no backlogs on immigration visas for spouses as there are no caps on them...... I was DQ on November 6... I hope I don't have to wait 5 months......

sorry can expect a visa interview for spouse in Egypt for DQ in November to be sometime start of 2020 likely Feb or March, if you are lucky you might get one in Jan and that is just for the letter.

If you get IL in Jan interview will be the following month. Make sure you join your spouse at interview, it seems those who do not go with the spouse will end up in some form of AP, I didn't get with my husband and he got handed an AP letter, no reason just straight into AP.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Egypt and middle Eastern countries are basically automatic AP . Even the women beneficiary's are being put in AP

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Timeline
On 11/18/2019 at 1:22 PM, Khallaf said:

sorry can expect a visa interview for spouse in Egypt for DQ in November to be sometime start of 2020 likely Feb or March, if you are lucky you might get one in Jan and that is just for the letter.

If you get IL in Jan interview will be the following month. Make sure you join your spouse at interview, it seems those who do not go with the spouse will end up in some form of AP, I didn't get with my husband and he got handed an AP letter, no reason just straight into AP.

11 hours ago, Beth & Achraf said:

Egypt and middle Eastern countries are basically automatic AP . Even the women beneficiary's are being put in AP

So, does it really help if my spouse join me at the interview? If so, are there any steps I should take for her to attend with me? Or does she just show up with me on the day of the interview?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No, spouse with you at interview does not help with AP.    

She should attend interview if she is allowed inside at time of interview.   If she is not allowed entry into embassy for your interview,  I would mention that she is there now visiting you in Egypt, but was not allowed to join you .

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Timeline
On 11/21/2019 at 5:44 PM, Beth & Achraf said:

No, spouse with you at interview does not help with AP.    

She should attend interview if she is allowed inside at time of interview.   If she is not allowed entry into embassy for your interview,  I would mention that she is there now visiting you in Egypt, but was not allowed to join you .

She won't be here at the time of the interview. I'm just asking if it's worth it if she'd actually come.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:43 PM, Exanuage said:

Thanks.

Idk really I wanna know to

Thanks.

Same I have been waiting since August 8 and now I still have nothing yet so idk

Thanks.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, Khallaf said:

sadly, even spouse visa get backlogged due to how busy some embassy can get.

Those who were DQ in May are not getting interview letters for Egypt.

Mexico is backlogged almost 1 year even for spouse visa.

Embassy are just getting overloaded with not enough spots to put everyone, they only open so many spouse visa slots, K1 spots and visit visa slots.

so if you just got DQ in November you can expect sometimes Jan-Feb even March of 2020 to get your interview letter.

Hi I got mine DQ  on August when can I got my interview 

Thanks.

I have the same but on August & now I'm still waiting interview 

Timeline
3 hours ago, EUROPEAN MODEL said:

I have the same but on August & now I'm still waiting interview 

About 2 ~ 3 more months, apparently. Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.