StLouisSpain

Wrong "Resident Since" date on new 10 year GC

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I just received my new GC after my I-751 was approved a few days ago. The Resident Since date is October 2018. Exactly the date my original 2 year GC expired.

I was expecting that the Resident Since date would be October 2016 which is when my I-485 was approved.

Can anyone confirm that in fact my new GC has the wrong date? I want to make sure it is before having to submit the I-90 form.

Thank you,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, wrong date.

On the plus side, the i-90 fee will be waived since it's a clerical error on their part.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline

That's what I thought but wanted to be 100% sure.

Have anyone gone through the process? Seems that it takes at least 7 months to get a new card.

Make a copy (front & back) and send it back ASAP with an I-90. Once you get your notice #, apply for expedited review because of a clear USCIS administrative error. Otherwise, it may be stuck for up to a year. See more on expedite requests here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request

Don't joke with this. If they send you another green card with the same error, send it back again. It will cause you mucho pain down the line. I know, sadly, from experience:

Edited by afrocraft

Timeline
13 hours ago, afrocraft said:

Make a copy (front & back) and send it back ASAP with an I-90. Once you get your notice #, apply for expedited review because of a clear USCIS administrative error. Otherwise, it may be stuck for up to a year. See more on expedite requests here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request

Don't joke with this. If they send you another green card with the same error, send it back again. It will cause you mucho pain down the line. I know, sadly, from experience:

Thanks for all the info. Will be very useful.

I already applied for the I-90 online. Haven't sent the card as I wasn't asked to but I guess at some point I'll be asked to sent it back.

I got the IOE receipt number as soon as I submitted. Do you know if I can apply for expedite processing with this number or have to wait for a NOA?

2 hours ago, StLouisSpain said:

Thanks for all the info. Will be very useful.

I already applied for the I-90 online. Haven't sent the card as I wasn't asked to but I guess at some point I'll be asked to sent it back.

I got the IOE receipt number as soon as I submitted. Do you know if I can apply for expedite processing with this number or have to wait for a NOA?

Big mistake to apply for the I-90 online, in my view. I made the same mistake too. They usually can't process it without receiving the physical card; I say usually because mine was ultimately processed without returning the card, but only after they rejected my ROC application and a Service director intervened.

You should probably first send back the card with a copy of your Receipt Notice, then make the expedite request. Don't expect them to ask for the card. Never happened with me.

Edited by afrocraft

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Same happened to me. I entered the US on January 17th 2015, when they approved my I751 and received the card, the date was January 7th, 2015. It was just 10 days off, not 2 years. I didn't notice it untill later. I applied for N400 based on entering the country on the 17th and not the 7th. I also attached a copy of my conditional GC with the correct date, and the admission stamp on my passport showing the date of Jan 17th. I will tell them about the error in my N400 interview if they didnt notice it already. I did not submit I-90. 

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

19 minutes ago, Deagle said:

Same happened to me. I entered the US on January 17th 2015, when they approved my I751 and received the card, the date was January 7th, 2015. It was just 10 days off, not 2 years. I didn't notice it untill later. I applied for N400 based on entering the country on the 17th and not the 7th. I also attached a copy of my conditional GC with the correct date, and the admission stamp on my passport showing the date of Jan 17th. I will tell them about the error in my N400 interview if they didnt notice it already. I did not submit I-90. 

Lucky you: Your actual and erroneous dates are not so far apart. You should be fine, especially since you applied based on the correct date. Mine were 5 months apart! 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

Big mistake to apply for the I-90 online, in my view. I made the same mistake too. They usually can't process it without receiving the physical card; I say usually because mine was ultimately processed without returning the card, but only after they rejected my ROC application and a Service director intervened.

You should probably first send back the card with a copy of your Receipt Notice, then make the expedite request. Don't expect them to ask for the card. Never happened with me.

I called USCIS service center to ask before submitting the application and they told me that I could do it online. I found that in the past to replace the card because of an error you couldn't do it online at all but now the option appears so I went ahead by the agent suggestion.

I was expecting that I would get a notification at some point to send it back. Hopefully the process has changed since you had to go through this. I have the receipt notice but TBH I don't really know where to send the card. To apply by mail you have to send it to AZ but now on the notice the service center is Potomac. Also my biometrics have been waived as I did them for the ROC.

16 minutes ago, StLouisSpain said:

I called USCIS service center to ask before submitting the application and they told me that I could do it online. I found that in the past to replace the card because of an error you couldn't do it online at all but now the option appears so I went ahead by the agent suggestion.

I was expecting that I would get a notification at some point to send it back. Hopefully the process has changed since you had to go through this. I have the receipt notice but TBH I don't really know where to send the card. To apply by mail you have to send it to AZ but now on the notice the service center is Potomac. Also my biometrics have been waived as I did them for the ROC.

Same exactly thing with me lol. Online doesn't work for the I-90. Maybe call and ask a L2 officer where to send the card. 

• 4 years later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any updates on this? I have the same problem and I'm just reading around to see if doing I-90 online is just ok instead of posting a new thread. I've already informed our lawyer that helped us in the process. My removal of conditions got approved on January this year and received the card this month, February. And the problem is the "Resident Since" date printed is a year before the actual "Resident Since" date.

5 hours ago, Rob&Pan said:

Any updates on this? I have the same problem and I'm just reading around to see if doing I-90 online is just ok instead of posting a new thread. I've already informed our lawyer that helped us in the process. My removal of conditions got approved on January this year and received the card this month, February. And the problem is the "Resident Since" date printed is a year before the actual "Resident Since" date.

Yes, I-90 is the form to file. Do not send actual GC to USCIS unless you're asked for it.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.