Jump to content
StLouisSpain

Wrong "Resident Since" date on new 10 year GC

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I just received my new GC after my I-751 was approved a few days ago. The Resident Since date is October 2018. Exactly the date my original 2 year GC expired.

 

I was expecting that the Resident Since date would be October 2016 which is when my I-485 was approved.

 

Can anyone confirm that in fact my new GC has the wrong date? I want to make sure it is before having to submit the I-90 form.

 

Thank you,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has the wrong date so you are right unfortunately 


K-1 + K-2:                                                                                                                                AOS from K-1 + K-2:

02/02/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                       08/25/16....AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

02/03/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX                                                                               08/26/16....Delivered at Chicago, IL

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC                                                         09/01/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received                                                                               09/09/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/24/16....NOA2 (45 days)                                                                                                 09/15/16....Bio-letter received for K-1/K-2

03/29/16....NOA2 Hard copy received                                                                               09/19/16....Bio appointment done (Walk-in)

03/31/16....Medical                                                                                                              11/01/16.....EAD/AP approved

05/26/16....Interview                                                                                                            11/16/16.....EAD/AP card received

06/10/16....Visa in hand                                                                                                       03/08/17.....AOS Approved - No interview

06/21/16....POE Atlanta                                                                                                       03/15/17.....Green cards in hand

07/30/16....Wedding                                                                                                    

                                                                                                                                       

 

ROC from K-1 + K-2:                                                                                                             N-400 

12/08/18....ROC window opens                                                                                         12/09/19....Window opens

12/13/18....I-751 mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                        12/10/19....N-400 Filed online

12/14/18....Delivered at Lewisville, TX                                                                              12/10/19....NOA1

12/20/18....Text with case number. TX service center

12/24/18....NOA1/Extension letter received

10/21/19....Bio-letter for K-1 received

10/28/19....Biometrics done

11/30/19....Bio-letter for K-2 received

12/11/19....Biometrics done

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, wrong date.

 

On the plus side, the i-90 fee will be waived since it's a clerical error on their part.


Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make a copy (front & back) and send it back ASAP with an I-90. Once you get your notice #, apply for expedited review because of a clear USCIS administrative error. Otherwise, it may be stuck for up to a year. See more on expedite requests here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request

 

Don't joke with this. If they send you another green card with the same error, send it back again. It will cause you mucho pain down the line. I know, sadly, from experience:

 

Edited by afrocraft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, afrocraft said:

Make a copy (front & back) and send it back ASAP with an I-90. Once you get your notice #, apply for expedited review because of a clear USCIS administrative error. Otherwise, it may be stuck for up to a year. See more on expedite requests here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request

 

Don't joke with this. If they send you another green card with the same error, send it back again. It will cause you mucho pain down the line. I know, sadly, from experience:

 

Thanks for all the info. Will be very useful.

 

I already applied for the I-90 online. Haven't sent the card as I wasn't asked to but I guess at some point I'll be asked to sent it back.

 

I got the IOE receipt number as soon as I submitted. Do you know if I can apply for expedite processing with this number or have to wait for a NOA?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StLouisSpain said:

Thanks for all the info. Will be very useful.

 

I already applied for the I-90 online. Haven't sent the card as I wasn't asked to but I guess at some point I'll be asked to sent it back.

 

I got the IOE receipt number as soon as I submitted. Do you know if I can apply for expedite processing with this number or have to wait for a NOA?

Big mistake to apply for the I-90 online, in my view. I made the same mistake too. They usually can't process it without receiving the physical card; I say usually because mine was ultimately processed without returning the card, but only after they rejected my ROC application and a Service director intervened.

 

You should probably first send back the card with a copy of your Receipt Notice, then make the expedite request. Don't expect them to ask for the card. Never happened with me.

Edited by afrocraft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same happened to me. I entered the US on January 17th 2015, when they approved my I751 and received the card, the date was January 7th, 2015. It was just 10 days off, not 2 years. I didn't notice it untill later. I applied for N400 based on entering the country on the 17th and not the 7th. I also attached a copy of my conditional GC with the correct date, and the admission stamp on my passport showing the date of Jan 17th. I will tell them about the error in my N400 interview if they didnt notice it already. I did not submit I-90. 


The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Deagle said:

Same happened to me. I entered the US on January 17th 2015, when they approved my I751 and received the card, the date was January 7th, 2015. It was just 10 days off, not 2 years. I didn't notice it untill later. I applied for N400 based on entering the country on the 17th and not the 7th. I also attached a copy of my conditional GC with the correct date, and the admission stamp on my passport showing the date of Jan 17th. I will tell them about the error in my N400 interview if they didnt notice it already. I did not submit I-90. 

Lucky you: Your actual and erroneous dates are not so far apart. You should be fine, especially since you applied based on the correct date. Mine were 5 months apart! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

Big mistake to apply for the I-90 online, in my view. I made the same mistake too. They usually can't process it without receiving the physical card; I say usually because mine was ultimately processed without returning the card, but only after they rejected my ROC application and a Service director intervened.

 

You should probably first send back the card with a copy of your Receipt Notice, then make the expedite request. Don't expect them to ask for the card. Never happened with me.

I called USCIS service center to ask before submitting the application and they told me that I could do it online. I found that in the past to replace the card because of an error you couldn't do it online at all but now the option appears so I went ahead by the agent suggestion.

 

I was expecting that I would get a notification at some point to send it back. Hopefully the process has changed since you had to go through this. I have the receipt notice but TBH I don't really know where to send the card. To apply by mail you have to send it to AZ but now on the notice the service center is Potomac. Also my biometrics have been waived as I did them for the ROC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, StLouisSpain said:

I called USCIS service center to ask before submitting the application and they told me that I could do it online. I found that in the past to replace the card because of an error you couldn't do it online at all but now the option appears so I went ahead by the agent suggestion.

 

I was expecting that I would get a notification at some point to send it back. Hopefully the process has changed since you had to go through this. I have the receipt notice but TBH I don't really know where to send the card. To apply by mail you have to send it to AZ but now on the notice the service center is Potomac. Also my biometrics have been waived as I did them for the ROC.

 

Same exactly thing with me lol. Online doesn't work for the I-90. Maybe call and ask a L2 officer where to send the card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...