Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, MMarco said:

they push the max range to 20m , this is crazy.....  a lot of people filed end of Dec 19 and jan 20 got there citizenship already, I just do NOT know what is wrong on my case  

If they pushed the max range to 20 months and you are what around 16? ...it  actually shows there are a lot of people like you and some worse... I know that doesn’t help you but it does imply that there is not something “wrong” with your case, just the timelines are terrible at that office

12 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

If they pushed the max range to 20 months and you are what around 16? ...it  actually shows there are a lot of people like you and some worse... I know that doesn’t help you but it does imply that there is not something “wrong” with your case, just the timelines are terrible at that office

thanks for your share, I'm over 16 m now and can't even do inquiry as they keep pushing fw, I'm pending I751 , I didn't apply online for both I751&N400 and my file still in NBC , when I called to ask to send it to SF FO to get schedule my intv, they said the officer he's the only one can do that, and the officer will never care if he didn't hv my actual file on his hand or online, it's missed up, when I called my lawyer to do a case agents USCIS he said it'll be useless as your case still in the time range & reg the I751 there is no thing to do about it as they decide to adjudicate with N400 , but if  the officer  will look or find my N400 file he will not care as I'm still pending I751 /// it's soooooooooooo missed up 

2 offices, 2 cases, very log time over 28 m, combined interview for 2 cases one of them depend on the other    ............

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
8 hours ago, MMarco said:

thanks for your share, I'm over 16 m now and can't even do inquiry as they keep pushing fw, I'm pending I751 , I didn't apply online for both I751&N400 and my file still in NBC , when I called to ask to send it to SF FO to get schedule my intv, they said the officer he's the only one can do that, and the officer will never care if he didn't hv my actual file on his hand or online, it's missed up, when I called my lawyer to do a case agents USCIS he said it'll be useless as your case still in the time range & reg the I751 there is no thing to do about it as they decide to adjudicate with N400 , but if  the officer  will look or find my N400 file he will not care as I'm still pending I751 /// it's soooooooooooo missed up 

2 offices, 2 cases, very log time over 28 m, combined interview for 2 cases one of them depend on the other    ............

I know it is frustrating as I am also in your same situation, but hopefully our time will come soon. From what I could find online, the lower range refers to the time needed to process 50% of the received applications, whereas the upper range corresponds to the time needed to process 93% of the received applications. I was hopeful a few weeks ago as the time range was very narrow (15-16 months), but it seems to have change quite dramatically over the last few weeks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everybody, I am December 2019 filler and just got my interview scheduled for April 20, at 12:30 pm

Does anybody know if i'd be able to get the oath the same day if my interview is at 12:30 pm? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Erica666 said:

Hello everybody, I am December 2019 filler and just got my interview scheduled for April 20, at 12:30 pm

Does anybody know if i'd be able to get the oath the same day if my interview is at 12:30 pm? Thanks!

congratulations!
that depend on the officer
wich FO you r in , and did that for only N400 or both I751&N400?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MMarco said:

congratulations!
that depend on the officer
wich FO you r in , and did that for only N400 or both I751&N400?

San Francisco office, only n400

Just now, Erica666 said:

great, good luck :)

I'm pending San Francisco both I751 since Nov18 and N400 Nov19

and no thing yet ...

Timeline
Just now, MMarco said:

great, good luck :)

I'm pending San Francisco both I751 since Nov18 and N400 Nov19

and no thing yet ...

Oh wow, that's crazy.. I hope you'll get your interview soon. Good luck.

58 minutes ago, Erica666 said:

Not sure about the timing. My husband did SF early Jan and got an oath around 2pm after a 10am interview. I’m going to assume though that they will try get you for same day if it’s possible - not sure how late they have the oath ceremonies going during the day. Our experience with SF FO through a few various things is that they are very helpful and accommodating in general.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Not sure about the timing. My husband did SF early Jan and got an oath around 2pm after a 10am interview. I’m going to assume though that they will try get you for same day if it’s possible - not sure how late they have the oath ceremonies going during the day. Our experience with SF FO through a few various things is that they are very helpful and accommodating in general.

Thank you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

May I ask what was your husband's experience with applying for a passport? Did he do expedite? And how long did it take to receive it? Thank you!

1 hour ago, Erica666 said:

May I ask what was your husband's experience with applying for a passport? Did he do expedite? And how long did it take to receive it? Thank you!

He did regular, it took about 4 weeks even though they said it would be longer. There is a passport tracker thread here, and this seems a common time for regular the last couple of months. Looks like the worst of the backlog from last year is over. 

On 3/14/2021 at 8:19 AM, Greatdane11 said:

Hello everyone, I filed my ROC in June 2019 and it’s still pending, I filed my N400 in December 2020, I didn’t receive an RFE but thinking of adding more documents like our car note worth and this year’s tax return in this column “unsolicited info”, has anyone ever tried this and got a result after , is this beneficial in Anyway, would it help expedite my case?

secondly, I wasn’t called for fingerprint for my N400 , a reuse notification was sent to me ( this means I didn’t get to receive the citizenship booklet that ought to be handed to me when I go in for my fingerprint ), how can I get a copy of the Q and A booklet for citizenship interview ?

Thanks to you all as we all stay positive

3D9E0E58-7BAC-4FB8-B64E-F2F7D70BF991.png

It's not going to speed up the process. 

Just keep the docs and submit them at the interview. Will make you actually look good in front of the interviewer by showing you bare organized and prepared.

I had my N400 with pending I751 interview earlier this month.

N400 filed Nov 2019

I751 filed October 2018

The officer started with the i751 and he told me for that petition, he did not care about anything that happened after October 2018, he was only interested in docs from 2016 upto 2018. Even if other docs after would help support our story. 

When he got to the N400. He asked for updated joint bank statements from November 2019 all through 2020,  the time I filed N400 upto the present interview date. I didn't expect this and asked if I could email them to him from my mobile app. He agreed told me to send 3 random statements through out the year which I did after he provided me his work email.

Anyway he was a really nice and chatty officer. My appointment was the last of his for the day and it was only 1pm. He therefore was super patient, super nice. I got to chatting with him about the Job and process. Once you have been placed in the queue, then you have to wait your turn. No amount of additional docs submitted after the fact push you up the queue if you are still within the normal processing time.

Goodluck and be patient. It will all be over soon and that day will be one of the biggest relief days of your life.

13 minutes ago, Zkot4ov said:

It's not going to speed up the process. 

Just keep the docs and submit them at the interview. Will make you actually look good in front of the interviewer by showing you bare organized and prepared.

I had my N400 with pending I751 interview earlier this month.

N400 filed Nov 2019

I751 filed October 2018

The officer started with the i751 and he told me for that petition, he did not care about anything that happened after October 2018, he was only interested in docs from 2016 upto 2018. Even if other docs after would help support our story. 

When he got to the N400. He asked for updated joint bank statements from November 2019 all through 2020,  the time I filed N400 upto the present interview date. I didn't expect this and asked if I could email them to him from my mobile app. He agreed told me to send 3 random statements through out the year which I did after he provided me his work email.

Anyway he was a really nice and chatty officer. My appointment was the last of his for the day and it was only 1pm. He therefore was super patient, super nice. I got to chatting with him about the Job and process. Once you have been placed in the queue, then you have to wait your turn. No amount of additional docs submitted after the fact push you up the queue if you are still within the normal processing time.

Goodluck and be patient. It will all be over soon and that day will be one of the biggest relief days of your life.

Thank you so much for this relieving message , I really appreciate you .

I also thought about it and decided to hold on till we are called for the interview, once again , thanks a lot ... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greatdane11 said:

Thank you so much for this relieving message , I really appreciate you .

I also thought about it and decided to hold on till we are called for the interview, once again , thanks a lot ... 

Personally I uploaded evidence every month from filing to interview, this to give them time to look through my documents before the interview so they could make a quick decision. My thinking was that I did not want to dump a pile of documents at the interview for the IO to go through afterwards, and uploading is for free anyway, no reason not to.

It didn't do anything in terms of getting an interview appointment faster, but I definitely believe it helped at the actual interview - they needed nothing from me as I had already uploaded everything throughout the process. I got an approval on the spot and also got my oath ceremony letter in hand before leaving the office (they don't do same-day oaths at that office). Personally this is how I preferred to do it and I believe it paid off, but it's a personal choice. You can do it however you want to do it.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.