Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, dal2021 said:

HI , we in the same Boat , see it scheduled but have not received the Letter Yet. 

been 6 days, how long since you saw the status change to "Scheduled for Interview"

His interview letter was under the documents tab the next morning. His interview is January 4th 

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

So, my wife's interview is next week.  What can she expect to happen after the interview (assuming she passes the test)?  Is she told right away that she is approved?  Do we wait on a letter?  Also, if approved will she get some proof to carry that she is a citizen. Everything I have read regarding minor children is that they automatically receive citizenship as well but have seen no mention of any paperwork for the children.  How will they show they are citizens?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

1 hour ago, BullToTo said:

So, my wife's interview is next week.  What can she expect to happen after the interview (assuming she passes the test)?  Is she told right away that she is approved?  Do we wait on a letter?  Also, if approved will she get some proof to carry that she is a citizen. Everything I have read regarding minor children is that they automatically receive citizenship as well but have seen no mention of any paperwork for the children.  How will they show they are citizens?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

She may or may not get told she is approved right away

even if she is approved, she is not a citizen until she takes the oath. Then she will have a certificate of naturalization as proof. She may or may not be asked to attend a same day oath ceremony. This differs by FO, and Covid has changed the procedure at many of them. So she could be a citizen same day or she might have to wait a few days/weeks.

If you look at DS11 passport application, page 2, instructions for children born outside the US claiming citizenship through parents, you will see what to submit for proof that they have acquired citizenship through parents (a passport will be proof of citizenship, or you can also apply n600 but passport is usually  faster and is much cheaper).

Edited by SusieQQQ

All,

We just had our naturalization interview today at the Orlando FL field office.

just want to thank everyone in these forums, the collective knowledge and experience of us all had helped each other immensely throughout our sometimes decade long journey.

The interview experience was mostly pleasant - 

12 mins security clearance and checkin

10 mins wait followed by a 20 min interview which wasn’t difficult. Mostly conversational and just verifying the details provided in the application and any updates since the application.

After clearing the interview it was actually a 2 hour wait for the same day oath ceremony. We were told there was some “technical issue” which caused the delay but once that was cleared the actual ceremony took less than 15 mins and we were out immediately after verifying all the details on the naturalization certificate.

if anyone has any specific questions, happy to help!

cheers 

Alan 

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain a copy of the N-400 online application that we filled out?  The laptop I had everything stored on got wiped clean.  I don't see anything obvious on the USCIS website and it is impossible to get a person on the customer service number

Thanks

Edited by BullToTo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
8 minutes ago, BullToTo said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain a copy of the N-400 online application that we filled out?  The laptop I had everything stored on got wiped clean.  I don't see anything obvious on the USCIS website and it is impossible to get a person on the customer service number

Thanks

Should be in your documents portion of your account portal. My wife just recently pulled up hers to review

6 minutes ago, AnotherAndrew said:

Should be in your documents portion of your account portal. My wife just recently pulled up hers to review

Found it. It is called" view case snapshot"

Thanks

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, GaiaAlan said:

All,

We just had our naturalization interview today at the Orlando FL field office.

just want to thank everyone in these forums, the collective knowledge and experience of us all had helped each other immensely throughout our sometimes decade long journey.

The interview experience was mostly pleasant - 

12 mins security clearance and checkin

10 mins wait followed by a 20 min interview which wasn’t difficult. Mostly conversational and just verifying the details provided in the application and any updates since the application.

After clearing the interview it was actually a 2 hour wait for the same day oath ceremony. We were told there was some “technical issue” which caused the delay but once that was cleared the actual ceremony took less than 15 mins and we were out immediately after verifying all the details on the naturalization certificate.

if anyone has any specific questions, happy to help!

cheers 

Alan 

Congratulations Alan!  Can you please share with us the six specific questions they asked you during your interview if you remember them? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/6/2020 at 11:07 AM, Pete20155 said:

I do not know what happened to the my post which I posted right after my interview. Anyways, I will type it all again:

Unpleasant Interview Experience:

My interview was scheduled for Oct 1st at 11:10 am at Fairfax VA office. I reached there and checked in by 10:55 am (They only allow you to get into office 15 mins prior to your scheduled time). I was asked to sit in an open hall on 2nd floor, there were at-least 25 other people waiting there.

After checking in with the lady at the desk on 2nd floor I waited for more than and hour for my turn. There were people who came in after me and checked in after me and they were done with their interviews and gone.

At around 12:10 pm it was lunch time and I was pretty much the only person waiting in the hall, I saw a bunch of interview officers leaving to have lunch and were talking to each other about where they would be picking up their lunch from. I patiently waited and then decided I will check with the reception about the delay - I was told I am still in waiting list and that I be seated till my name is called. 

After about 5 mins, an officer came out and called my name, I was relived and happy to follow him back to the interview room.

The initial part of interview was smooth, the officer asked me to take an oath that all I would say is the truth before we get started, which I did.

He then proceeded to ask the civics test questions, this is what I vaguely remember:

1. What was the war between the north and south called?

2. Who is the first President of the USA?

3. Name 3 states from the 13 original colonies.

4. What happened at the constitution convention?

5. Name two senators of your state.

I do not remember the 6th one now.

After the civic tests, he proceeded to reading and writing test:

Reading: How many senators are there?

Writing: There are one hundred senators.

So far so good.  This is where things started going a different direction.

The officer then started asking me yes or no questions from my DS form.

After which he said, since you have a common name, I will have to verify your identity. (My name common? what seriously? My Name is: Puneet, how many do you know with that name?) 

He proceeded to ask me question about my initial entry into USA while I was a student. And then proceeded to ask my employment related questions from 10 years ago - which I vaguely remember as I was a travelling consultant I worked on projects from 6 months -1 year. Details such as employment dates at certain clients/employers etc.

Finally he printed out the details of what we discussed and asked me to sign it or suggest corrections if it contained anything that we did not talk about. (The print out contained - questions he asked with regards to my identify and my responses) He asked me to sign it, which I did and he added it into the huge file he had in front of him.

He then told me that though I passed my civic test, a decision cannot be made and I should wait for 2 months to hear back on the decision/oath ceremony. Also If they require any additional paperwork they will be reaching out to me.

So almost at 1pm I left the USCIS office disheartened and feeling rejected. After waiting for almost a year after applying it was not the desired outcome.😢😢 Hopefully will get a positive outcome in 2 months.

Anyway, I am happy for folks who were able to achieve this milestone. Best wishes for your future. God Bless !

Hello Everyone, 

2.5 months after my N400 Interview, Finally I received an email from USCIS stating there is an update on my case, I logged in and see that I have been placed in line for the oath ceremony. Yaaayyy !!!  Now it really feels like the Holidays are here 😀. There is no oath ceremony date provided yet (checked in documents tab as well) but hoping to see the oath Ceremony date soon. I am so relived that finally this journey is coming to an end.

I thank you all on this forum who helped me in this journey. Will keep you all posted on any further updates with regards to the oath ceremony.

Best Wishes to the folks who are still patiently waiting.  Happy Holidays & Season's Greetings to Everyone !!!🎉🎈🎊

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pete20155 said:

Hello Everyone, 

2.5 months after my N400 Interview, Finally I received an email from USCIS stating there is an update on my case, I logged in and see that I have been placed in line for the oath ceremony. Yaaayyy !!!  Now it really feels like the Holidays are here 😀. There is no oath ceremony date provided yet (checked in documents tab as well) but hoping to see the oath Ceremony date soon. I am so relived that finally this journey is coming to an end.

I thank you all on this forum who helped me in this journey. Will keep you all posted on any further updates with regards to the oath ceremony.

Best Wishes to the folks who are still patiently waiting.  Happy Holidays & Season's Greetings to Everyone !!!🎉🎈🎊

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to keep you all posted on my interview experience. My interview was scheduled for 8:30AM Dec16th at Santa Ana, CA and I arrived there at 8:15AM. I was taken to the second floor where Adjustment and Naturalization interviews take place. I waited in the waiting room for an hour before i was called in. My officer was such a nice guy and he was accompanied by a female officer who was there to observe him. They both were looking at my documents and said I have lots of evidence and they really appreciated the fact that I had submitted that much.

I filed online in Nov, 2019 and submitted a bunch of documents. A few months ago, I added some more updated documents with 2019 joint tax filing, joint insurance, quarterly bank statements since my submission last year, lease renewal etc. and they were a bit confused as to why there were more recent submissions. I told them that I didn't see any movement in my case, so thought I'd update my documents online and they both nodded, smiled and said that it was great that I was proactive. 

The main officer asked me for my green card and driver's license, and he explained to the other officer that this is to see if I still have my green card and the driver's license is for checking my residency. He went through the application questions, talked for a bit and then congratulated me and told me that I was getting recommended for approval. The entire process took about 30 mins. They asked me to wait in the lobby for about an hour to receive my Naturalization certificate. I was walked outside and waited in the lobby for like 15 mins when I was called back in. I took the oath with both officers in the same interview room and received my certificate. I was out in 5 minutes this time. I walked out of there with my certification in hand at 10:10AM so basically it took me 2 hours total. I'm an American citizen now!!! :)

Questions that I was asked were: 

- What did Abraham Lincoln do?

- When was constitution written?

- What happened on 9/11?

- What's the capital of California?

- How many amendments in Constitution?

- Name one of the longest rivers.

I answered them all 6 questions correctly so he told me I passed the test. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, sjones said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to keep you all posted on my interview experience. My interview was scheduled for 8:30AM Dec16th at Santa Ana, CA and I arrived there at 8:15AM. I was taken to the second floor where Adjustment and Naturalization interviews take place. I waited in the waiting room for an hour before i was called in. My officer was such a nice guy and he was accompanied by a female officer who was there to observe him. They both were looking at my documents and said I have lots of evidence and they really appreciated the fact that I had submitted that much.

I filed online in Nov, 2019 and submitted a bunch of documents. A few months ago, I added some more updated documents with 2019 joint tax filing, joint insurance, quarterly bank statements since my submission last year, lease renewal etc. and they were a bit confused as to why there were more recent submissions. I told them that I didn't see any movement in my case, so thought I'd update my documents online and they both nodded, smiled and said that it was great that I was proactive. 

The main officer asked me for my green card and driver's license, and he explained to the other officer that this is to see if I still have my green card and the driver's license is for checking my residency. He went through the application questions, talked for a bit and then congratulated me and told me that I was getting recommended for approval. The entire process took about 30 mins. They asked me to wait in the lobby for about an hour to receive my Naturalization certificate. I was walked outside and waited in the lobby for like 15 mins when I was called back in. I took the oath with both officers in the same interview room and received my certificate. I was out in 5 minutes this time. I walked out of there with my certification in hand at 10:10AM so basically it took me 2 hours total. I'm an American citizen now!!! :)

Questions that I was asked were: 

- What did Abraham Lincoln do?

- When was constitution written?

- What happened on 9/11?

- What's the capital of California?

- How many amendments in Constitution?

- Name one of the longest rivers.

I answered them all 6 questions correctly so he told me I passed the test. 

That's Awesome, congratulations !!🎈🎊🎉🥳

Edited by Pete20155
replies were merged

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.