bestillmyheart

Greencard affidavit bonafide marraige help please

15 posts in this topic

Timeline

So basically I married a gal in bd she plans to work when she comes to the USA doesn’t help their 125% over poverty line bs, so full detail I make more then enough for 100% above but fall short on 125% :P I know ask for help so my mother (still live same house we cant afford to live alone atm) since she has dependents of my brother father and step brother does that mean, if she helps me sponsor my wife into America it would mean we would have to have enough money to support everyone rather then just me my wife and her ? No one is my dependant( except wife on form) and I haven’t claimed taxes in my life on my own i’ve Always been claimed, the past 2 years ( I’m 19) I haven’t made enough to be worth claiming alone, so what can I do in this situation does her having dependents affect the affidavit?  On a side note can she/ family right a letter for bonafide marriage ? They see my wife and I in video calls constantly (we do them 24/7 even during sleep, unless we’re working) we have wedding photos but no finances mixed do to being across the world from one another. 

Edited by bestillmyheart

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Your mother would have to have enough income to cover 125% of the poverty level for 6 people- herself, her husband, you, her other 2 sons and your wife.

For a bonafide marriage her family can write a letter stating she entered marriage in good faith, etc. Add photos of the wedding and label and date them, do you have wedding invitations or anything else that can be submitted regarding the wedding? You can add her as an emergency contact for work, you can also add her to a life insurance policy, you guys can have wills made up as well. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
7 minutes ago, bestillmyheart said:

So for the sake of asking my step brother gets a monthly disability check (he’s under 18) can be listed as a dependent without incurring the need to cover everyone in the household ?

?????

If your mother is the Joint Sponsor, then her husband will need to file an I-864a.  Your stepbrother is included in their household count.  Listing his as a dependent does not excuse not meeting the poverty line to cover all 6 people.

The bottom line is that your mother and her husband must make enough for 6 people.  There is no way around this if you choose to have her be a Joint Sponsor.  You can't work your way around a household size.  

Timeline

What I mean is if she doesn’t join sponsor will my brothers disability work so 3 people instead of 6 people we would be around 4K short doing 6 people But with 3 myself my wife and step brother using my income and my step brothers income we could make enough to sponsor her 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
8 hours ago, bestillmyheart said:

What I mean is if she doesn’t join sponsor will my brothers disability work so 3 people instead of 6 people we would be around 4K short doing 6 people But with 3 myself my wife and step brother using my income and my step brothers income we could make enough to sponsor her 

Your stepbrother is under 18, so he can not be a Joint Sponsor.  Furthermore, a dependent minor on disability is unlikely to make enough to meet the poverty line to be a Joint Sponsor.  

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
9 hours ago, bestillmyheart said:

So for the sake of asking my step brother gets a monthly disability check (he’s under 18) can be listed as a dependent without incurring the need to cover everyone in the household ?

You cannot sponsor a spouse with your minor brother’s disability check.  SMH

You need to step up.  

10 hours ago, bestillmyheart said:

So basically I married a gal in bd she plans to work when she comes to the USA doesn’t help their 125% over poverty line bs, so full detail I make more then enough for 100% above but fall short on 125% :P I know ask for help so my mother (still live same house we cant afford to live alone atm) since she has dependents of my brother father and step brother does that mean, if she helps me sponsor my wife into America it would mean we would have to have enough money to support everyone rather then just me my wife and her ? No one is my dependant( except wife on form) and I haven’t claimed taxes in my life on my own i’ve Always been claimed, the past 2 years ( I’m 19) I haven’t made enough to be worth claiming alone, so what can I do in this situation does her having dependents affect the affidavit?  On a side note can she/ family right a letter for bonafide marriage ? They see my wife and I in video calls constantly (we do them 24/7 even during sleep, unless we’re working) we have wedding photos but no finances mixed do to being across the world from one another. 

a) it's not BS.  Obviously you can't even afford to live alone, what happens when your wife moves in and there's extra costs?! 

b) there's no where in the USA where you'd be able to even live on the 125%

c) join the military? Then it gets popped down to 100%, you both get full benefits, and you can move out on your own?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I married my husband last year. Prior to this year I was studying as a student and also worked part time. So my 2018 taxes were low but I had additional income that made me over the 125% poverty guideline. Nonetheless, after coming back from getting married I eventually started working two jobs to ensure that my current income is high enough in case they did not accept my additional income. I showed paystubs and employment letters. I’ve seen and heard many bangladeshi’s that was stuck in AP because joint sponsor already sponsored someone else, there income is too low, too many dependents etc. basically all I’m saying is try and get another part time gig to make up the difference. It was difficult for me but I had to make it work. Dhaka embassy scrutinizes joint sponsors. They might be lenient if they see your age. 

I also didn’t have much proof of a bone a fide marriage besides pictures for the entire month I stayed. I got my one family member and his one family member to write a sworn statement letter explaining their knowledge of our marriage and attached a photo of us with those relative just in case.

Best of luck. 

CR1/IR1 for Hubby

Marriage:                           2018-08-19

Sent in I-130:                     2018-10-09

NOA1:                                 2018-10-17

Priority Date:                     2018-10-12

*Potomac Service Center*

NOA2:                                 2019-02-12

Sent to Dept of State:      2019-02-21

NVC Received:                  2019-03-01

Received Case #:              2019-04-03

Pay AOS Bill:                      2019-04-03

Pay IV Bill:                          2019-04-03

Submit DS-261:                 2019-04-06

Submit I-864:                     2019-04-08

Send AOS Package:          2019-04-16

Send IV Package:              2019-04-16

NVC RFE:                            2019-04-23 

Resubmitted RFE:             2019-04-24

Case Complete:                2019-05-14

Interview Letter:                2019-09-16

Interview:                           2019-10-22    APPROVED!

Not everyone can afford to sponsor an immigrant without significantly changing their financial circumstances.  

A big  drawback to marrying so young is that it can take years to become financially independent and stable.  You may need to work multiple jobs in order to be able to sponsor her.

1 hour ago, naz94 said:

I married my husband last year. Prior to this year I was studying as a student and also worked part time. So my 2018 taxes were low but I had additional income that made me over the 125% poverty guideline. Nonetheless, after coming back from getting married I eventually started working two jobs to ensure that my current income is high enough in case they did not accept my additional income. I showed paystubs and employment letters. I’ve seen and heard many bangladeshi’s that was stuck in AP because joint sponsor already sponsored someone else, there income is too low, too many dependents etc. basically all I’m saying is try and get another part time gig to make up the difference. It was difficult for me but I had to make it work. Dhaka embassy scrutinizes joint sponsors. They might be lenient if they see your age.    

I also didn’t have much proof of a bone a fide marriage besides pictures for the entire month I stayed. I got my one family member and his one family member to write a sworn statement letter explaining their knowledge of our marriage and attached a photo of us with those relative just in case.

Best of luck. 

Very doubtful.  If anything, his age and present situation (large, low income household) significantly increases the public charge risk.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Very doubtful.  If anything, his age and present situation (large, low income household) significantly increases the public charge risk.

Lol yea probably. What was I thinking? It’s the US embassy. 🤣

CR1/IR1 for Hubby

Marriage:                           2018-08-19

Sent in I-130:                     2018-10-09

NOA1:                                 2018-10-17

Priority Date:                     2018-10-12

*Potomac Service Center*

NOA2:                                 2019-02-12

Sent to Dept of State:      2019-02-21

NVC Received:                  2019-03-01

Received Case #:              2019-04-03

Pay AOS Bill:                      2019-04-03

Pay IV Bill:                          2019-04-03

Submit DS-261:                 2019-04-06

Submit I-864:                     2019-04-08

Send AOS Package:          2019-04-16

Send IV Package:              2019-04-16

NVC RFE:                            2019-04-23 

Resubmitted RFE:             2019-04-24

Case Complete:                2019-05-14

Interview Letter:                2019-09-16

Interview:                           2019-10-22    APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 hours ago, naz94 said:

Best of luck. 

This. This is someone who worked for what they got and didn’t mooch off the system. They wanted to make it work so they did. Maybe can learn from this poster and get another job?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was really close to the line with my salary back when I sponsored my husband and I wanted to take no chances.  So I got a second job.  It was not easy working 7 days a week from early morning to late in the evening.  But you do what you have to do to get your loved one here.  So just go get a second job and you won't need to worry about a sponsor.

3 hours ago, Oliversmom said:

I was really close to the line with my salary back when I sponsored my husband and I wanted to take no chances.  So I got a second job.  It was not easy working 7 days a week from early morning to late in the evening.  But you do what you have to do to get your loved one here.  So just go get a second job and you won't need to worry about a sponsor.

Exactly!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.