Greenbaum

November 2019 I-129f Filers

699 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, LibbyG99 said:

170 days later and we just received notification of an RFE coming in the mail. I don't know what it's about but I'm definitely worried.... not the response I was hoping for. 😪

Nothing to really be worried about. Technically speaking, an RFE is a written request for more information and documentation that USCIS mails out if they believe that they don’t yet have enough evidence to approve or deny a given application. An RFE normally is a minor item and should not be looked at like it's a denial but an opportunity for you to complete your application. USCIS would not send out an RFE if they were going to deny your application. It's just a step that they must take and once they have your information and it meets their approval then you should be seeing your NOA2.

There are many varying degrees of RFE's. Some as simple as not "ticking" off a question. Others forgot the fiancé(e) letter and then others who met on a website and now need to prove that it wasn't a marriage arrangement website.

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undue harm. Once you know FROM THE RFE what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to ensure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Include the original RFE letter along with a cover letter explaining what you are including in your reply. Like a checklist format. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 4/22/2020 at 3:18 PM, Greenbaum said:

Nothing to really be worried about. Technically speaking, an RFE is a written request for more information and documentation that USCIS mails out if they believe that they don’t yet have enough evidence to approve or deny a given application. An RFE normally is a minor item and should not be looked at like it's a denial but an opportunity for you to complete your application. USCIS would not send out an RFE if they were going to deny your application. It's just a step that they must take and once they have your information and it meets their approval then you should be seeing your NOA2.

There are many varying degrees of RFE's. Some as simple as not "ticking" off a question. Others forgot the fiancé(e) letter and then others who met on a website and now need to prove that it wasn't a marriage arrangement website.

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undue harm. Once you know FROM THE RFE what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to ensure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Include the original RFE letter along with a cover letter explaining what you are including in your reply. Like a checklist format. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient.

Thanks fried. I received the RFE- they want more information on a DUI I got 11 years ago. Do you think this arrest will cause them to reject our application? I feel like it was long enough ago and a misdemeanor so shouldn't be an issue. They also want more passport photos.

Also can I send in things they didn't ask for as well? For example my fiance and I have met 4 more times in person since I sent in the application. Can I show proof of that to kind of "pad" our application even though they haven't asked for it?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Edited by LibbyG99

3 minutes ago, LibbyG99 said:

Thanks fried. I received the RFE- they want more information on a DUI I got 11 years ago. Do you think this arrest will cause them to reject our application? I feel like it was long enough ago and a misdemeanor so shouldn't be an issue. They also want more passport photos.

Also can I send in things they didn't ask for as well? For example my fiance and I have met 4 more times in person since I sent in the application. Can I show proof of that to kind of "pad" our application even though they haven't asked for it?

Thanks for everyone's help!

A DUI is not a deal breaker. As I stated earlier, they have pretty much made up their minds that you are approved BUT they need one more bit of information to officially approve your application to send it onward.

Why send additional information when they have already made up their minds that what you sent, less the DUI information, they are ready to approve your application. Sending more information only opens a rabbit hole that you do not want them to go down. Just do what I originally explained to answer the RFE

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undue harm. Once you know FROM THE RFE what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to ensure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Include the original RFE letter along with a cover letter explaining what you are including in your reply. Like a checklist format. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient.

I know a thing or two because I have seen a thing or two! 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

A DUI is not a deal breaker. As I stated earlier, they have pretty much made up their minds that you are approved BUT they need one more bit of information to officially approve your application to send it onward.

Why send additional information when they have already made up their minds that what you sent, less the DUI information, they are ready to approve your application. Sending more information only opens a rabbit hole that you do not want them to go down. Just do what I originally explained to answer the RFE

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undue harm. Once you know FROM THE RFE what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to ensure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Include the original RFE letter along with a cover letter explaining what you are including in your reply. Like a checklist format. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient.

I know a thing or two because I have seen a thing or two! 

Thank you! Friend, not fried 🤣

Edited by LibbyG99

11 minutes ago, celestial47 said:

They got our rfe reply March 17 I dont know why we have to wait that long 

We are in a pandemic and the governmental offices and the embassies are running with a skeleton and in some cases are completely closed. Nothing is going to happen until this virus dissipates. There will be action announced closer to the opening of the embassies on how they will address those who had interviews scheduled and those who want to schedule an interview. Also, if you have a NOA2 about to expire there is no reason to panic or be concerned. That too will be addressed by the embassies once they are closer to opening. We are in a wait and see mode till the embassies start opening again. BTW, this is my opinion and that is the embassies will begin to open with those that are in a less affected area then move on to those in highly affected areas. I believe that the embassies will reschedule those that were cancelled and then open the schedule for those who are ready to receive an interview date. Best place to be tuned in to what will happen at the embassy level is to be on their webpage because that is where the announcement and further instructions will be posted.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My K1 visa application was received by the government on November 15th. My case status still reads as "Your case has been received". Is anyone else on the same boat of taking this long to process?

I submitted a correction to a typo in my street address. I received confirmation that the typo was fixed and a note will be left for the adjudicator to reference. 

Does the file process through a different internal system if there is a typo?

EDIT: I meant to post this in the November 2019 K-1 visa topic. I am not sure how to delete this or move it to the other topic.

Edited by drbirx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, drbirx said:

I meant to post this in the November 2019 K-1 visa topic.

I happened upon your post and merged it into the main thread.

The "report post" link (at top right of every post) is your friend for such things in the future. :) 

Welcome to the forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

11 hours ago, drbirx said:

My K1 visa application was received by the government on November 15th. My case status still reads as "Your case has been received". Is anyone else on the same boat of taking this long to process?

I submitted a correction to a typo in my street address. I received confirmation that the typo was fixed and a note will be left for the adjudicator to reference. 

EDIT: I meant to post this in the November 2019 K-1 visa topic. I am not sure how to delete this or move it to the other topic.

The average waiting time for approval of the I-129F is five months. In some cases, the approval could arrive in as little as 3 months or as much as >7. In others, it could take longer. You can check the current I-129F petition processing times to see if there are any backlogs at the USCIS service center processing your petition.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Corrections to the I-129f do not require it to be processed any differently without corrections.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
18 hours ago, drbirx said:

No it does change if there is a typo.  Day 332 of waiting for Noa2 here

Hi, Nov Filers,

I have been Following many pages including this for a while now and just thought I should also join the VJ community as a member instead of a peeper 🤪.

I am a USC/petitioner and a November filer too. Received NOA1- 11/14/19. I got bounced between TSC, then PSC then NSC. I asked customer service and they assured me that all looks good and I shouldn’t worry but just needs to wait through the processing time which is within normal time frame. 

I was planning on visiting my hubby again before this COVID19 but it was too late. I am seriously thinking of moving there with him and just wait out until we get approved but that would really affect my work and school (doing my masters). Hhhhhh the wait is killing me. My husband is more patient and calm about all this than I am.

3 hours ago, Leils said:

Hi, Nov Filers,

I have been Following many pages including this for a while now and just thought I should also join the VJ community as a member instead of a peeper 🤪.

I am a USC/petitioner and a November filer too. Received NOA1- 11/14/19. I got bounced between TSC, then PSC then NSC. I asked customer service and they assured me that all looks good and I shouldn’t worry but just needs to wait through the processing time which is within normal time frame. 

I was planning on visiting my hubby again before this COVID19 but it was too late. I am seriously thinking of moving there with him and just wait out until we get approved but that would really affect my work and school (doing my masters). Hhhhhh the wait is killing me. My husband is more patient and calm about all this than I am.

Welcome to the thread. We are here to help you so if you have any questions please ask. We to will have questions so bear with us when we ask. The do affect the outcome of our answers. 

My first question is do you have a tourist visa to visit your "husband"?

Second question is what visa are you applying for? If you have a husband, it sounds like a CR-1/IR-1 and not a K-1. (I'm asking because everyone in this thread have fiancé's and are chasing a K-1 visa, so I just want to make sure that you are in the best thread for help).

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

14 minutes ago, Faith19 said:

Has anyone got K1 approved yet who filed at the end of November 2019?

Thank you in advance for your response!😊

Some have but most have not. The embassies are not interviewing at this time.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.