Greenbaum

November 2019 I-129f Filers

699 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dledingham said:

Thank you for this information and your response. I do not reside in Ontario, I was born in Manitoba and I believe that my birth certificate does have my parents names on it, do I still have to get this Certified Copy of Birth Registration? Or should I just bring my birth certificate to the interview as well as a photo copy that they can keep? I have no children to worry about for my visa. My interview will be in Montreal and as they do not mail out the results I will have to do my medical appointment in Montreal as well. I am unsure about fees for vaccinations in the province of Manitoba, flu shots are free, but I will check with my doctors. I believe most, if not all, of my vaccinations are usually kept up to date!

Thanks!

You'll receive a P3/4 letter from the embassy to prepare for the interview. This is what it states for the documents and what they must be. I've learned and seen others who have failed to provide what is needed and end up delaying their visa. So do what do will do.

You must provide originals and photocopies of all  your documents at time of your interview. The original civil documents will be returned to  you after the interview.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You'll receive a P3/4 letter from the embassy to prepare for the interview. This is what it states for the documents and what they must be. I've learned and seen others who have failed to provide what is needed and end up delaying their visa. So do what do will do.

You must provide originals and photocopies of all  your documents at time of your interview. The original civil documents will be returned to  you after the interview.  

Just to be clear the time line looks like this: File Petition, NOA1, NOA2, then I do the DS-160?, then P3 then P4? I'm not entirely clear what comes after NOA2.  Feel free to DM if its easier for you.

Thank you!

Still we rise, here and now

4 minutes ago, dledingham said:

Just to be clear the time line looks like this: File Petition, NOA1, NOA2, then I do the DS-160?, then P3 then P4? I'm not entirely clear what comes after NOA2.  Feel free to DM if its easier for you.

Thank you!

You do nothing after NOA2 but call NVC for the case number. Then complete the DS-160, pay your interview fee and then schedule the medical and then schedule your interview shortly after your medical. Now all these steps hinges on how your embassy ask you to proceed time wise. Canada is a little slower on the front end of getting thing completed before the interview but they sail along once the interview is over.

If you find the NOVEMBER 2019 NOA2 to NVC thread go to the first page and download the PDF that I authored on what takes place from NOA2 and beyond. I think things will be a little more clearer. Remember that you are 3-6 months away from NOA2 approval or longer.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

You do nothing after NOA2 but call NVC for the case number. Then complete the DS-160, pay your interview fee and then schedule the medical and then schedule your interview shortly after your medical. Now all these steps hinges on how your embassy ask you to proceed time wise. Canada is a little slower on the front end of getting thing completed before the interview but they sail along once the interview is over.

If you find the NOVEMBER 2019 NOA2 to NVC thread go to the first page and download the PDF that I authored on what takes place from NOA2 and beyond. I think things will be a little more clearer. Remember that you are 3-6 months away from NOA2 approval or longer.

Oh interesting, thank you. I will head on over to that thread and check it out. I know that we are a long ways away from NOA2 but I am just so curious now. I find all of this so interesting and curiosity never killed anything but a couple hours!😀 Also, Do you know why Canada is a little slower?

Still we rise, here and now

1 minute ago, dledingham said:

Oh interesting, thank you. I will head on over to that thread and check it out. I know that we are a long ways away from NOA2 but I am just so curious now. I find all of this so interesting and curiosity never killed anything but a couple hours!😀 Also, Do you know why Canada is a little slower?

Years ago they instituted a second step in their process where they required you to gather all the documents in the P3 letter along with a "complete checklist" document that you had to sign off on and then return to them. The checklist confirmed you had all your documents and you were ready to interview. This procedure starved off those that showed up and were not ready for the interview which caused massive backup for the staff and for those who were prepared suffered also. Once they receive the checklist they will allow you to schedule your interview. And their is your answer.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 10/29/2019 at 1:55 PM, Greenbaum said:

Good luck because this is a long process currently running 5-6 months from filing date for your NOA2 approval.

Hi Greenbaum

You say 5-6 months to NOA2 but the timelines on VJ are saying around 3-4 - it looks like processing times have almost halved since summer '19.  Is 5-6 months a worst case estimate or old information or something?

Just curious...I'm hoping its more 3 months than 6! But I understand all cases are different.

1 hour ago, J+J said:

Hi Greenbaum

You say 5-6 months to NOA2 but the timelines on VJ are saying around 3-4 - it looks like processing times have almost halved since summer '19.  Is 5-6 months a worst case estimate or old information or something?

Just curious...I'm hoping its more 3 months than 6! But I understand all cases are different.

It can be all over the place. I am like USCIS, I over promise and under deliver. I am seeing some in that 3-4 range now. So I have to agree with you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Mexilaysian said:

We sent ours on 11/8/2019! 🙂

Very good congrats

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 minutes ago, Ashu25 said:

Hello Everyone 

Hello did you just send off your packet? I see  you just got your NOA2 congrats

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 minutes ago, Ashu25 said:

No 

got noa2 on nov 6th

Yes I just saw  that head on over to the November NVC thread.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.