TBoneTX

Bureaucratic Rule: By What Right?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, laylalex said:

We're not talking about COMBINED. If we're talking about going where the greatest amount of the agriculture business is based, it's California. Why are you moving goalposts? Why are you even setting goalposts based on where you drove through the other month?

And did you see what the issues are with brain drain? There just aren't as many qualified people out there or willing to move out there to get numbers back up. And most importantly, why do this so fast? You don't even mention the IG findings -- the USDA made a complete mess of this. I am maybe a little emotional about it because I am in an alumni Facebook group that has several current USDA researchers in it. They aren't happy about what's happening, having to upend their lives like this with little warning and with little to no justification for why it has to be so fast. Why not phase it in over the course of years? Why does it have to be so fast at the risk of alienating people who have entered public service and given up more lucrative lines of work?

If we were simply picking the single state then you would have a point, but being closer to the geographic center of the lower 48 makes more sense overall.  Heck, they will be closer to CA as well.  Like I said, it remains to be seen if the USDA will actually lose 80% of their staff when the move is completed.  A lot of folks make rash statements when hit with news like this, then when they sit down and figure out how much better it would be both financially, and from a standard of living perspective, I believe many will change their minds.  As to how fast this has to happen, I would agree, they could do it a little slower, but again, these things come up all the time in the private sector, and the employee can make their personal decisions.  My main point is decentralizing the government and getting some of the taxpayer money out of DC is a good thing.  But look at the bright side, now these folks that chose not to move can get more lucrative positions outside of the government.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

If we were simply picking the single state then you would have a point, but being closer to the geographic center of the lower 48 makes more sense overall.  Heck, they will be closer to CA as well.  Like I said, it remains to be seen if the USDA will actually lose 80% of their staff when the move is completed.  A lot of folks make rash statements when hit with news like this, then when they sit down and figure out how much better it would be both financially, and from a standard of living perspective, I believe many will change their minds.  As to how fast this has to happen, I would agree, they could do it a little slower, but again, these things come up all the time in the private sector, and the employee can make their personal decisions.  My main point is decentralizing the government and getting some of the taxpayer money out of DC is a good thing.  But look at the bright side, now these folks that chose not to move can get more lucrative positions outside of the government.

My friend in new York says "don't sneeze on my arm and call it a spring rain! "

The office did not move to Kansas to provide any benefits to the taxpayer or their customers.  Mick Mulvaney bragged about half of the staff quiting when the 33 day notice was given as proof that he is "draining the swamp". 

It is the same radical Tea Party/Freedom caucus agenda where they didn't have the votes to defund it or  stop it so they sabotage government.  "We can't stop it so we will wreck it"

It is the same thinking that gave an anti public school activist the head of Education and the EPA to a coal executive. 

I think these folks will be surprised when Nov 2020 rolls around.

"Denying that government by the people is the only legitimate form of rule, they are asserting that legitimate rule flows from right-minded persons in the country’s institutions, elections notwithstanding."

What a waste of time reading this alt-right drivel.  

The "people" are guided by the constitution.  Trump's going to learn that the hard way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tahoma said:

"Denying that government by the people is the only legitimate form of rule, they are asserting that legitimate rule flows from right-minded persons in the country’s institutions, elections notwithstanding."

What a waste of time reading this alt-right drivel.  

The "people" are guided by the constitution.  Trump's going to learn that the hard way.

See, that is where you are wrong, the government should be guided by the Constitution, and in fact the Constitution is meant to limit the power of the government.  I seem to remember President Obama opining about how he did not like the limits the Constitution placed on him.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

On 10/29/2019 at 10:02 AM, luckytxn said:

There is a lot of power within a bureaucracy and I can imagine how hard giving up that much power would be so of course they are going to revolt and do everything within the system to stop any intruders. When you have a 2 party system and they are essentially the same the rot is huge and overpowering.

Funny. I have been a "bureaucrat" for over twenty years. Powerful? Nah. Mostly I feel shat upon during any and all administrations)))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me.