AnnaAnnaAnna

Arrested while AOS is pending

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I had a fight with my husband. I was being irrational at that time and threw him my purse and slapped him and he got mad at me so he hit me back. I got scared and called 911 ( I know I shouldnt have done that but then again I was not thinking straight that time) so the cop arrested me coz it was me who hit him first even though it was just a small thing. I stayed in jail 24 hours, my husband didn't charge anything coz it was just a simple misunderstanding so he paid for my bail bond. They charged me for dom battery, judge dismissed my case and I went home after. I only stayed in jail for 24 hours. Now, our concern is, will this affect my aos interview soon? Even though my case was sooo minor and the judge dismissed my case? Thank you. Should we get a lawyer soon?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
41 minutes ago, AnnaAnnaAnna said:

Hi guys,

I had a fight with my husband. I was being irrational at that time and threw him my purse and slapped him and he got mad at me so he hit me back. I got scared and called 911 ( I know I shouldnt have done that but then again I was not thinking straight that time) so the cop arrested me coz it was me who hit him first even though it was just a small thing. I stayed in jail 24 hours, my husband didn't charge anything coz it was just a simple misunderstanding so he paid for my bail bond. They charged me for dom battery, judge dismissed my case and I went home after. I only stayed in jail for 24 hours. Now, our concern is, will this affect my aos interview soon? Even though my case was sooo minor and the judge dismissed my case? Thank you. Should we get a lawyer soon?

We all act out when we act on impulses and think first, but do be prepared to explain this to the IO when the time comes for the AOS interview.  Hopefully everything goes well, and hope you and your husband can stay civil until then...

37 minutes ago, arken said:

It may but should not be a denial i guess. Bring all paperwork about the arrest and court dismissal and prepare to explain.

Just wanna say you two seem to be a sweet couple. You hit, i hit, i call cop, i get arrested, you bail me out.... good for a netflix series....😁😁

Haha I know!! Some of the cops were just laughing. They didnt want to arrest me but they needed to do thejr job. God! I was so stupid. And yes, I will bring all the paperworks to prove that the case was dismissed and all. I hope this won't affect my application 😭😭😭😭

29 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

We all act out when we act on impulses and think first, but do be prepared to explain this to the IO when the time comes for the AOS interview.  Hopefully everything goes well, and hope you and your husband can stay civil until then...

Yes we have talked about it. We love each other so much but what happened was insane and we didnt want that to happen again. Just really hoping it won't affect my application.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
21 hours ago, AnnaAnnaAnna said:

Hi guys,

@mmsamorREAD THIS.... 

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
23 hours ago, arken said:

Just wanna say you two seem to be a sweet couple. You hit, i hit, i call cop, i get arrested, you bail me out.... good for a netflix series....😁😁

This was done on last seasons 90 day fiance.  Same couple did it a few times!

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline
6 hours ago, AnnaAnnaAnna said:

Can you tell me what happened to them?

Yes, he dumped her before AOS was complete.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Timeline

Correct. 

It needs to be disclosed and they will want documentation that it was dismissed. in itself, it is not a basis for denial of the I-485.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It needs to be disclosed and they will want documentation that it was dismissed. in itself, it is not a basis for denial of the I-485.

Thank you!!! I will tell the IO about this and will give documentation when my interview comes. Have you like read this kind of thread before? I tried to find anything here in vj but can't find anything though. 

On 10/21/2019 at 1:25 PM, AnnaAnnaAnna said:

Hi guys,

It requires full disclosure. Be sure to get all the paperwork from the court concerning the dismissal as you will need for the AOS and beyond. Since this was between you and he I doubt it will have any effect on your AOS being approved. Good Luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.