MaruMaru

K1 Visa for Italian fiancée

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I am Emanuela, I am Italian and I have just started my visa journey for the US. 

Sean is my fiancé and after a long relationship started on September 2016 when he was stationed in Italy with the Army, we have decided to get married (finally:)!

Cannot wait for it!!!

I am just concerned about how long the  processing time may take...We have sent our petition and received the NOA1. We have sent the envelope to Dallas' USCIS. 

How does it work now? 

Will the petition be forwarded to another Service Center? I saw the USCIS page about the Processing Times of the offices and I got scared......it seems that the only place where this document can be processed 

within a reasonable time is that one in California...

Sean is now a civilian and have had to return to the US in order to start his regular life. He left on March 14th, 2019 and since then I went to the US twice in order to see him. He will come over to visit me for the Christmas vacation....I would love to get a feedback (hopefully POSITIVE) by January....(I know, I m not in  la-la-land)!

Any suggestions? Experiences?  

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Manu8915 said:

Hi Everyone!

I am Emanuela, I am Italian and I have just started my visa journey for the US. 

Sean is my fiancé and after a long relationship started on September 2016 when he was stationed in Italy with the Army, we have decided to get married (finally:)!

Cannot wait for it!!!

I am just concerned about how long the  processing time may take...We have sent our petition and received the NOA1. We have sent the envelope to Dallas' USCIS. 

How does it work now? 

Will the petition be forwarded to another Service Center? I saw the USCIS page about the Processing Times of the offices and I got scared......it seems that the only place where this document can be processed 

within a reasonable time is that one in California...

Sean is now a civilian and have had to return to the US in order to start his regular life. He left on March 14th, 2019 and since then I went to the US twice in order to see him. He will come over to visit me for the Christmas vacation....I would love to get a feedback (hopefully POSITIVE) by January....(I know, I m not in  la-la-land)!

Any suggestions? Experiences?  

Thank you!

California gets them all

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Majority of the I-129F are adjudicated at the California Service Center.

According to the USCIS, the processing time of the I-129F is 5 to 7 months but the current processing time--based on the experiences of VJers--is 3 to 5 months. However, this is only for the USCIS stage. It will be another month or two for the NVC and Embassy/Consulate stages. You are looking at 7 to 9 months in total from mailing your I-129F to K-1 Visa in hand.

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

Majority of the I-129F are adjudicated at the California Service Center.

According to the USCIS, the processing time of the I-129F is 5 to 7 months but the current processing time--based on the experiences of VJers--is 3 to 5 months. However, this is only for the USCIS stage. It will be another month or two for the NVC and Embassy/Consulate stages. You are looking at 7 to 9 months in total from mailing your I-129F to K-1 Visa in hand.

Hey Thank you! 

Actually, I was surfing the Internet and I found our that the Dallas Lockbox works as huge hub from where the petitions will be sent to the USCIS services centres. 

This website says that depends on how your receipt number starts: if starts with WAS or SCS the form will be adjudicated by the USCIS of California, if it starts with YSC it will go to Potomac, if it starts with TSC or SRC will be directed to Texas and if it starts with EAC or VSC will be sent to Vermont. 

Here is the link where I found this info: https://www.visatutor.com/i-mailed-my-i-129f-petition-whats-next/

Mine starts with WAC...so I hope that is true:))))

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Manu8915 said:

That is correct. Your I-129F is at the California Service Center.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Manu8915 said:

Hey Thank you! 

Actually, I was surfing the Internet and I found our that the Dallas Lockbox works as huge hub from where the petitions will be sent to the USCIS services centres. 

This website says that depends on how your receipt number starts: if starts with WAS or SCS the form will be adjudicated by the USCIS of California, if it starts with YSC it will go to Potomac, if it starts with TSC or SRC will be directed to Texas and if it starts with EAC or VSC will be sent to Vermont. 

Here is the link where I found this info: https://www.visatutor.com/i-mailed-my-i-129f-petition-whats-next/

K1s are only processed in California except for a couple of difficult cases. Those will be sent to Vermont but don't worry about that 😊

So yes, WAC is for Cali  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Letspaintcookies said:

K1s are only processed in California except for a couple of difficult cases. Those will be sent to Vermont but don't worry about that 😊

So yes, WAC is for Cali  

@Letspaintcookies @Soon To Be Mrs. T 

You made my day!

Timeline
1 hour ago, lemur923 said:

Is this for the NOA2?

Yes, but that processing time is based on the experiences of VJers. It is 5 to 7 months according to the USCIS.

Timeline

Ciao! We filed in December 2018 and got our NOA2 after 100 days! I know people who filed in 2017/early 2018 had to wait 6/7 months but now it seems like they are moving faster. Ours took around 3 months as you can see. After your NOA2 is approved (hoping for no RFEs) you'll receive the Case Number on a letter the NVC sends you and you can apply for DS-160 online, collect the documents required on Packet 3 (they'll send this too but you can look them up here already https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/) and then schedule your interview. I'd give an estimate of 6 months minimum and 8 months max for the whole process. For now, just try and relax cause after the NOA2 everything moves sooo much faster.
Buona fortuna! :)

K-1 Fiancè Visa

• I-129F

NOA1: 2018-12-19
NOA2: 2019-03-29
NVC: 2019-04-30
Consulate & Packet 3: 2019-05-08

Interview Date : 2019-11-05  APPROVED!
Visa Received : 2019-11-07
US Entry: 2019-12-13
Marriage: 2020-02-20 YAY!!

• AOS

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 2020-03-10

Biometrics: 2020-08-07

EAD: 2020-07-11  APPROVED

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sbrisa said:

Ciao! We filed in December 2018 and got our NOA2 after 100 days! I know people who filed in 2017/early 2018 had to wait 6/7 months but now it seems like they are moving faster. Ours took around 3 months as you can see. After your NOA2 is approved (hoping for no RFEs) you'll receive the Case Number on a letter the NVC sends you and you can apply for DS-160 online, collect the documents required on Packet 3 (they'll send this too but you can look them up here already https://it.usembassy.gov/it/visti/iv/k1/) and then schedule your interview. I'd give an estimate of 6 months minimum and 8 months max for the whole process. For now, just try and relax cause after the NOA2 everything moves sooo much faster.
Buona fortuna! :)

😭AMMMMAZING!

Timeline

My fiance is in Italy as well and we stumbled on this couple  on this site

who provided the most comprehensive details of the process. She's Italian as well. I found the information she provided to be accurate. My fiancee is Italian as well and the information JMK-IT  provided helped us a lot. Hope it helps you too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.