qrk

THERE ARE NO AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My fiancee is in Italy right now and we've received packet 3 from the the consulate in Naples. We followed all the instructions, gathered all the requested documents, submitted the DS160 and were instructed to got to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/  to pay the fees and set up interview time. Our case was marked "Ready".  Every time we attempt to pay the visa fee and set up interview appointment, we keep on getting the message " THERE ARE NO AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS AT THIS TIME". Is this Normal? Are we doing anything wrong? I didn't think the Consulate in Naples would be that busy but I could be wrong. I was wondering if anyone else is encountering such problem and if so, how you overcome it? Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you in in advance.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There have been several recent postings from folks with the same lament as you. I think that there are at least two of them at this time.If I recall, the last one I read about was the US consulate in Cuidad Juarez, Mexico. It sounds like just the sheer volume of visa processing has overwhelmed the system. There isn't much you can do, except keep waiting, be patient and keep calling until you are able to get an appointment.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
28 minutes ago, qrk said:

My fiancee is in Italy right now and we've received packet 3 from the the consulate in Naples. We followed all the instructions, gathered all the requested documents, submitted the DS160 and were instructed to got to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/  to pay the fees and set up interview time. Our case was marked "Ready".  Every time we attempt to pay the visa fee and set up interview appointment, we keep on getting the message " THERE ARE NO AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS AT THIS TIME". Is this Normal? Are we doing anything wrong? I didn't think the Consulate in Naples would be that busy but I could be wrong. I was wondering if anyone else is encountering such problem and if so, how you overcome it? Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you in in advance.

It's the same for many busy embassies at the moment it seems. We have the same issue for Paris embassy , but after checking multiple times a day we saw some dates .. I guess you just gave to keep checking regularly until a slot opens..

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

It's the same for many busy embassies at the moment it seems. We have the same issue for Paris embassy , but after checking multiple times a day we saw some dates .. I guess you just gave to keep checking regularly until a slot opens..

Thank you Lisa and Pitaya. I feel better already knowing I'm not the only one :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, EmmaCuttitta said:

I am dealing with the same thing! We are just waiting for the appointment.. I check the website at least 5 times a day 😂 hahah

Thanks for your reply Emma. It is strange that they do not post a calendar for next week, next month, next year or even next century :) for us to choose a date from. Who thought that Napoli's consulate would be that busy. I'll take your advice and check their website several times a day.  let's see who gets to Napoli first haha :) 

57 minutes ago, qrk said:

Thanks for your reply Emma. It is strange that they do not post a calendar for next week, next month, next year or even next century :) for us to choose a date from. Who thought that Napoli's consulate would be that busy. I'll take your advice and check their website several times a day.  let's see who gets to Napoli first haha :) 

Seriously, are there that many interviews that need to be done?! Please let me know when you finally get your interview date!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, qrk said:

been a lot of treads going on about this, and it's possible that it's due to a high volume of visa requests that have previously been submitted.  As frustrating as it is, hopefully it gets resolved soon. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Totally normal. Check multiple times a day as well as throughout the night .

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

2 hours ago, qrk said:

I will and best of luck to you too Emma. Let me know how it goes for you too.

3 minutes ago, jbn121 said:

Totally normal. You're not the only one there trying to make an appointment. Try to wake up earlier than others and try to check harder / more often to catch a spot. Other than that, you can't do anything else but wait.

There are a few interviews posted now!!!! I just got mine!!!!!

Timeline

Hey! I have to schedule my appointment at the Naples Embassy, too. You guys know if i can pay the visa fee and finish the DS-160, later? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gabriela Vera said:

Hey! I have to schedule my appointment at the Naples Embassy, too. You guys know if i can pay the visa fee and finish the DS-160, later? 

No. You have to do both in order to schedule an appointment.  

Timeline
38 minutes ago, EmmaCuttitta said:

There are a few interviews posted now!!!! I just got mine!!!!!

Got ours too. Thanks for letting me know. You're the best. You won the race after all :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.