laylalex

Evolution Could Explain Why Having a Girlfriend Makes Men More Attractive

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, laylalex said:

We have electricity on my side of Berkeley! (Also, it's where we keep the donuts.)

I am not taking any chances with missing my flight tonight, so I'll be there around four hours early. If you want to house-sit while I am away, I can send you the keypad codes. Just keep the bathroom clean (no little shaving hairs on the sink). Back on the 21st, be out by then. 👌

You can respond via the 1st class lounge.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
On 10/8/2019 at 2:13 PM, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

My theory, when I joined the group,  was start ugly...

I especially liked this part!

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, laylalex said:

We have electricity on my side of Berkeley! (Also, it's where we keep the donuts.)

I am not taking any chances with missing my flight tonight, so I'll be there around four hours early. If you want to house-sit while I am away, I can send you the keypad codes. Just keep the bathroom clean (no little shaving hairs on the sink). Back on the 21st, be out by then. 👌

I have actually decided to keep clear of Berkeley, there are a few good reasons, was rear ended there once, but the main one is I do not want to be accused of doxing anybody.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Neonred said:

I especially liked this part!

It’s true though, and works like a charm.  I used to have two friends in college.  One went into a bar, found THE hawtest girl in the place, and tell me, “I’m going to take her home tonight.”  I sneered (the first time or two of maybe twenty).  He would go up to the group, and ask the fattest/ugliest girl to dance.  Come back, and pick up another one.  But basically ignored the gorgeous one.  Until SHE came on to him.  Worked every time.  He’d bring her home, and the next day, she was moving her stuff into our apartment.  Until he got tired of here a week or two later and kicked her out.

The other fellow had a different strategy.  He’d walk into a group of girls at the dance club, pick the ugliest girl, and dance and whirl her on the floor (and he was pretty darn homely himself.  No, strike that.  He was ugly.)  After a while, he’d take her out to his truck in the parking lot and introduce her to his “other” talents.  Go back inside, and find another girl to dance with.  And so on.  Typically between 2-4 girls a night.  Sometimes he ended up taking them home.  But not always.  And some nights he never got the hawt girl, but other nights he did.  But what he DID do was have sex more than probably 15-20 of our group put together.  He just didn’t care.  Then one day a gorgeous little blonde caught him and saddled him.  His bar days were over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

When you're down to one last pick-up line:

"Excuse me, Miss -- we haven't met yet, so I still have a chance with YOU."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
14 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

It’s true though, and works like a charm.  I used to have two friends in college.  One went into a bar, found THE hawtest girl in the place, and tell me, “I’m going to take her home tonight.”  I sneered (the first time or two of maybe twenty).  He would go up to the group, and ask the fattest/ugliest girl to dance.  Come back, and pick up another one.  But basically ignored the gorgeous one.  Until SHE came on to him.  Worked every time.  He’d bring her home, and the next day, she was moving her stuff into our apartment.  Until he got tired of here a week or two later and kicked her out.

The other fellow had a different strategy.  He’d walk into a group of girls at the dance club, pick the ugliest girl, and dance and whirl her on the floor (and he was pretty darn homely himself.  No, strike that.  He was ugly.)  After a while, he’d take her out to his truck in the parking lot and introduce her to his “other” talents.  Go back inside, and find another girl to dance with.  And so on.  Typically between 2-4 girls a night.  Sometimes he ended up taking them home.  But not always.  And some nights he never got the hawt girl, but other nights he did.  But what he DID do was have sex more than probably 15-20 of our group put together.  He just didn’t care.  Then one day a gorgeous little blonde caught him and saddled him.  His bar days were over.

I swear the more gorgeous a woman, the bigger PITA she is.

Next time around I'm going for a BIG FAT UGLY one.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

2 minutes ago, Neonred said:

what he said 

Timeline

"neediness times dress size squared"

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

But what if you're a size zero?

You are dead?

Not that familiar with US dress sizes, i remember as a kid my Mother always wanted to be a 12. I think my Granny was 10 and nothing to her.

Just now, Boiler said:

You are dead?

Not that familiar with US dress sizes, i remember as a kid my Mother always wanted to be a 12. I think my Granny was 10 and nothing to her.

US sizes for women are very weird, and you can get 00 and even 000 (I have seen it once). I haven't been a 0 since my wedding when I was too worried about everything to eat. Half the time I'm a 2 and the other half a 4 depending on the designer. I have no problem with either of these sizes! In the UK, I tend to wear a size 6. Sizing is not consistent across brands, and this goes for here in the UK too (arrived this afternoon). It's very frustrating.

Timeline

I can imagine.

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I can imagine.

Well, I know for men it's a lot more straightforward although I hear that there is vanity sizing for waistbands. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Well, I know for men it's a lot more straightforward although I hear that there is vanity sizing for waistbands. 

I had not heard of that, I can see the discrimination as I bounce around the 34 waist mark, a much higher number.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Neonred said:

I'm not really sure, but maybe this only applies to CABA women.