JoeN43

my EAD and advanced parole card was lost in mail

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

So I'm freaking out a little,  my EAD and advanced parole were approved last week and USCIS mailed me the card, I booked flights to visit Ireland with my wife next week expecting the card to arrive based on the tracking number but the post office seem to have lost it, I'm just wondering if I travel with the notice of approval will I be able to get back into the country? I can't find the info online anywhere, can anyone please help? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not 100 percent sure it would work. I mean you have the approval, and their may be a way for them to verify VIA her A Number that she actually does have AP. Now, the snag to that is getting an officer at CBP to go that extra mile to do this. and just showing up trying to get entry without the physical card in hand is asking for trouble, but maybe someone who has had to enter without their card because it was lost or something can comment on this. But leaving without the AP card in hand is a really big risk, and though tickets are expensive ( I know, I may be getting hosed on a China transit visa for my wife she needs now because of policy changes from when I bought my tickets back in February to now, and we fly out next month, and I just applied for her visa with her AP/EAD card that the travel agent didn't think was going to fly as she didn't have her actual green card) and I may be buying another ticket for her to fly separate from me thru Taipei instead of China, it may be better to eat the price of the tickets than risk having to go thru the whole process again VIA a spousal visa because they won't let her enter, or she is stuck outside the US until you can get her a physical card. Even worse I think is they will not let her board the plane to return to the US without proof she can enter, that is dependent on the airline.

As a side note, since it was a traceable piece of mail, it may show up. the post office has misplaced packages of mine in the past and has always come thru and found them. It may have been a week later because the address and tracking info got messed up coming thru one of the machines ( You should see all the belts and things the way the mail is moved, it's crazy) and it will take a actual human to decipher it and get it too you.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

From what I remember while reading my combocard. It says that the notice CANNOT be used as proof of owning an AP or EAD. So I hope the post office finds your card or maybe you could get an appointment at the nearest USCIS office. 

But just traveling with the note is very dangerous. Also what Loren said, without a card the airline prolly wont let you even board the plane back to the US!

Timeline

Thanks everyone, that's what I thought but wanted to check if anyone had direct experience. Does anyone know how long a replacement card takes if the post office don't find it? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, JoeN43 said:

Does anyone know how long a replacement card takes if the post office don't find it? 

Good question, especially with all of the current prolonged processing times associated with all phases of USCIS production. Report back your experience. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

2 hours ago, JoeN43 said:

Thanks everyone, that's what I thought but wanted to check if anyone had direct experience. Does anyone know how long a replacement card takes if the post office don't find it? 

Sorry to hear this.  I think you are out of luck here.  It'd be incredibly risky (to the point of a very low chance of success) to attempt this.  Eating up the cost is the best option here.  For myself, I haven't planned any travel until I have the card in hand.  

Timeline

Thanks everyone, went to the party office today and miraculously the package showed up so panic over. Thank you so much for everyone's help

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A happy ending !!!  :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

✈️ Time to roll out then!!

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.