CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, heldenhafte said:

Hey there. We filed on Oct 25th. Still no noa and noch cashed check. We tracked our papers and it shows delivered... I am worried now that they didn’t get the paper

Hang tight.  Turnaround times vary.  My wait time was in the 17-21 day range and all was fine.  You should be fine, too.  Probably any day now.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:01 AM, Sarge2155 said:

@CaliNY You should also file a copy of your marriage certificate with the two other forms I-131 and the I-765. I know the VJ example does not say this but this is a wise move as people have gotten a RFE for sending in only one copy. Remember the two forms are processed separately from the I-485 and could thus net you a RFE for not attaching a marriage certificate if for nothing else to support the name change. Also your application must be postmarked BEFORE or on October 14th to avoid the expanded changes and the new I-944 form.

Ummm what is the I944? 

8 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

Ummm what is the I944? 

It was  or is a new form you were supposed to file with  your AOS, but don't worry about it because the courts  struck it down for now. Good thing too, but best file as soon as ur able if you have not filed already you never know what  changes are coming down the road.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

It was  or is a new form you were supposed to file with  your AOS, but don't worry about it because the courts  struck it down for now. Good thing too, but best file as soon as ur able if you have not filed already you never know what  changes are coming down the road.

Agreed! I’m actually part of the November group but your thread has more info right now. Got married last Friday (Crossed the border Nov1 st)  and aiming to submit my aos next Friday the 22nd :)) 

2 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

Agreed! I’m actually part of the November group but your thread has more info right now. Got married last Friday (Crossed the border Nov1 st)  and aiming to submit my aos next Friday the 22nd :)) 

Good deal, git er done!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Just a quick update for my case status. Finally got the texts for all my applications(485/765/131) today, not sure why there’s no email notification, just text.

Mailed 10/14, Delivered10/18, Receipts 11/14.

It takes almost one month to get the notice and the waiting is killing me. Hope you all will get yours sooner rather than later :)

1 hour ago, Kitty C. said:

Just a quick update for my case status. Finally got the texts for all my applications(485/765/131) today, not sure why there’s no email notification, just text.

Mailed 10/14, Delivered10/18, Receipts 11/14.

It takes almost one month to get the notice and the waiting is killing me. Hope you all will get yours sooner rather than later :)

Congratulations you are on your way now!

Citizenship Complete!

Hey one other quick question...

On the I 485, part 1 question 19 - Nonimmigrant visa number from this passport is that the number in the top right of the visa? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How long did it take to get NOA1 letters after the text notifications? Nothing yet still but the text notifications were on Monday night

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, NicoleM said:

How long did it take to get NOA1 letters after the text notifications? Nothing yet still but the text notifications were on Monday night

I did not submit the form to get notified via text. However,  the immigration check was cashed on a Wednesday and I received the receipt notices via mail on the Saturday of the same week. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Martha R said:

I did not submit the form to get notified via text. However,  the immigration check was cashed on a Wednesday and I received the receipt notices via mail on the Saturday of the same week. 

Ooo our check was cashed this Wednesday so maybe tomorrow is the day then!

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, NicoleM said:

Ooo our check was cashed this Wednesday so maybe tomorrow is the day then!

Yes, Tomorrow or Monday, it should be on your way! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, NicoleM said:

I got text messages on November 7th (late evening) and received the letters in the mailbox on November 12th

since my K1 visa case the website does not change. Til now that I’m here it is still received case. And again upon filling the AOS and having the biometrics done its still case received.Is it just mine?Thanks 😊

Edited by pasadenagirl

30 minutes ago, pasadenagirl said:

since my K1 visa case the website does not change. Til now that I’m here it is still received case. And again upon filling the AOS and having the biometrics done its still case received.Is it just mine?Thanks 😊

Of course not it's not just you I'm a  May 2018 K1 filer married filed AOS and my K1 status on the USCIS website still shows case received. I got so tired of looking at it I deleted the case number and moved  on to the AOS. So far it seems to be updating for the AOS. I don't put any great stock into the USCIS sites. Forget about it and move on.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.