dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Anyone here after documents accepted, paid fees and ds-260 submitted at the NVC is in administrative process? We called NVC because we didn't get DQ email they said that we are in AP😯Anyone with same experience? CR1 visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, He&Me said:

Anyone here after documents accepted, paid fees and ds-260 submitted at the NVC is in administrative process? We called NVC because we didn't get DQ email they said that we are in AP😯Anyone with same experience? CR1 visa

when did you get the email of your documents accepted

2 minutes ago, Rupi said:

when did you get the email of your documents 

Oct 8th got an email to log in on ceac. Logged in and all documents accepted, fees paid and IV form submitted. No message at msg box so we called NVC yesterday, they said that we are in AP😩

Got assigned a case number Monday! My wife received her updated police certificate today. Just waiting for status to change to paid before submitting all my documents. Lawyer told us everything should be fine even with recent arrest, all though more than likely they will put it into administrative processing at interview awaiting final disposition. 
Thank you all for the great advice, and good luck to the rest of you!

Timeline
Just now, He&Me said:

Oct 8th got an email to log in on ceac. Logged in and all documents accepted, fees paid and IV form submitted. No message at msg box so we called NVC yesterday, they said that we are in AP😩

Don't worry you will get DQ very soon 

1 minute ago, Rupi said:

Don't worry you will get DQ very soon 

I am worried, never heard about NVC AP only AP after interview so I would like to hear people with same experience 

1 minute ago, He&Me said:

I thought administrative processing can only happen after the interview stage, do you know any other information about the AP?

9 minutes ago, Dustin725 said:

I thought administrative processing can only happen after the interview stage, do you know any other information about the AP?

Me too, have never heard NVC AP so anyone with same experience please share

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Gojo said:

I just got off the phone with them.  They are saying that I need to upload the i864 instead of the i 864ez...  this is so misinformed because I read and reread the document and it says that if I am the only sponsor with NO JOINT SPONSOR than use the i-864 ez, now they are saying to use the i 864 instead.  They also said that my husbands nigerian police certificate is not correct.  That's also funny to me because my husband is a nigeria citizen and a turkish permanent resident.  (The nigerian police certificate was uploaded correctly but the turkish police certificate was uploaded as a screen shot only but the turkish one was accepted)  they are sooooo backwards.  I told her this and she said just to upload it again🙄 She said to try tomorrow because the system is down.  

I'm sorry this process has not been easy for you, my friend. All of the support in the world for you. We have your back.

2 hours ago, He&Me said:

Me too, have never heard NVC AP so anyone with same experience please share

I am waiting to see if someone responds to this, I’m curious too, never heard of NVC AP either. 

Timeline

Question for all while we all wait for documents review. I was thinking about this all night and losing my sleep over the process...😪

Do you think that when NVC is processing your case (reviewing documents), the beneficiary's country makes any difference as far as how fast they review once you submit everything?

What I am trying to say is that, if the consulate is backlogged, do NVC start processing cases from different countries where they can schedule interview straightaway. And as they clear some back to other cases.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Swadesfan said:

Question for all while we all wait for documents review. I was thinking about this all night and losing my sleep over the process...😪

Do you think that when NVC is processing your case (reviewing documents), the beneficiary's country makes any difference as far as how fast they review once you submit everything?

What I am trying to say is that, if the consulate is backlogged, do NVC start processing cases from different countries where they can schedule interview straightaway. And as they clear some back to other cases.

This is a "theory" I've read and it makes a lot of sense to me... Meaning, why would they spend time reviewing one's case now when they know they won't be able to schedule their interview for another 6 months, if they can work on someone else's and clear it out now? I sympathize though, my consulate is very slow too! But we've already come this far :)

Gosh I'm so upset at this maintenance thing! I'm trying to be patient but it's so annoying. It's hard not to get paranoid and start thinking they're doing this on purpose :innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.