laylalex

Woman quits job to ‘spoil husband’ like a 1950s housewife

112 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Nice.  I haven't had a cat in years, but when I get one again, I want a Savannah, Bengal, or similar.  

don't.  i suggest you decide what type of temperament you want and then find the breed that fits that.
a maine ####### or ragdoll/ragamuffin are great family cats, btw.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

1 hour ago, Boris Farage said:

;)

So what if he's a feminist? That's EXACTLY the kind of man I want: a masculine, tough, kind and protective man who believes that women are as good at being human beings as men are. He didn't even realize he was one until we talked about sex and gender roles, and I told him he sounded just like a feminist. He was pretty resistant to the label at first but now he's embraced it. He teases me and says it's also a great way to pick up additional girlfriends. (That is a joke, Boris.) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hmm, I am not sure feminists are really into soy boys, but I have heard some males play that game.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Hmm, I am not sure feminists are really into soy boys, but I have heard some males play that game.

I think the soy discussion is in another thread.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I think the soy discussion is in another thread.

So you posted on the wrong thread?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So you posted on the wrong thread?

:huh:

I'm only on my first coffee and I have a feeble woman's brain. Isn't the soy discussion in the Greta Thunberg thread?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, laylalex said:

:huh:

I'm only on my first coffee and I have a feeble woman's brain. Isn't the soy discussion in the Greta Thunberg thread?

This was about Soy Boys.something different.

17 minutes ago, Boiler said:

This was about Soy Boys.something different.

So, I had to look up what a Soy Boy was -- I have heard the term but I wasn't sure exactly of the meaning. Anyway, I found this definition in an Independent article:

“The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as ‘Nazis’.”

This isn't really accurate about Al. He may be a feminist, but he plays football every weekend and when I met him (back when he was at university) he played rugby, too. You can ask my ex-husband if Al has ever been in a fight, as Alex beat the you know what out of him once. :innocent: Also, the "marry the first girl he had sex with" thing does not apply, and he never calls people Nazis. He prefers the terms "#####" (c word) or "fascists." :D 

Timeline

Indy is somewhere to go and have a laugh but take anything they say with a bucket full of salt, one of those terms you know what it means but trying to be too specific will get you in mental gymnastics.

From what you have said I seriously doubt he is a Feminist, just playing it for a laugh.

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Indy is somewhere to go and have a laugh but take anything they say with a bucket full of salt, one of those terms you know what it means but trying to be too specific will get you in mental gymnastics.

From what you have said I seriously doubt he is a Feminist, just playing it for a laugh.

Um, I have lived in the UK, you know. The Independent is a proper newspaper, and definitely a better source than the New York Post which I see articles posted from on here. But I get your point about that the term could have different meanings. I looked at the Urban Dictionary (which I read on here is a reliable source at which I am FOREVER rolling my eyes) and some of the definitions are hilarious. Al is definitely not a soy boy. :lol: 

But he is a feminist. I just texted him to ask if he's a feminist and he said he'd ask around for some second opinions at Spearmint Rhino tonight. :rolleyes: 

Timeline

To be a newspaper presumably you have to be able to buy a copy? 

Not sure it is possible to be a Male Feminist and not a Soy Boy. Well I have never come across an example.

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

To be a newspaper presumably you have to be able to buy a copy? 

Not sure it is possible to be a Male Feminist and not a Soy Boy. Well I have never come across an example.

Is it online only now? When I lived there (2005-2006) it was a newspaper you could buy. I didn't know this.

As regards male feminists, yes, there are manly, non-soy boy types out there. I told him about this line of conversation on here and he's asked me to stop winding myself up defending him, he knows what he is and he's comfortable with it. He doesn't want me getting bent out of shape, he says, if it's upsetting me, especially since he isn't around at the moment. So I'll stop.

Sorry, I just miss him. 

Filed: Timeline
38 minutes ago, laylalex said:

So, I had to look up what a Soy Boy was -- I have heard the term but I wasn't sure exactly of the meaning. Anyway, I found this definition in an Independent article:

This isn't really accurate about Al. He may be a feminist, but he plays football every weekend and when I met him (back when he was at university) he played rugby, too. You can ask my ex-husband if Al has ever been in a fight, as Alex beat the you know what out of him once. :innocent: Also, the "marry the first girl he had sex with" thing does not apply, and he never calls people Nazis. He prefers the terms "#####" (c word) or "fascists." :D 

You DO realize,  don't you,  that most men are feminists?  I can't think of any regular posters here in CEHST who are not.  Well, maybe one male poster who isn't a feminist.

But you assign the term to Al like it's a rare badge of honor.  It's not.  It's the norm. 

Timeline

You realise calling a Male a Feminist/Soy Boy is an insult? And I am defending him.