Mariam ahadi

On administrative processing for almost one year now

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My husband had his visa interview last October (2018). The officer gave him a yellow card marked with missing documents that later on were submitted to them by us. It has been almost one year now, upon checking his visa status on CEAC website it says administritive processing and the last date updated is September 15. The case only gets an update whenever we send them an email asking about the case process.I am very concerned now I feel like it is only us whose case has gone under AP for so long. My husband's passport was collected from him by the officer at the time of his interview and it is still at the embassy. We have a 2 and a half year old son who was born in the U.S and is a U.S citizen, and even that didn't help. I got to the U.S on November 2015 and I am still on a green card. The embassy handling my husband's case is the U.S embassy in Kabul Afghanistan. Also not to forget reading the forums here on visa journey I got to know that I could get help from my state's/city's senator regarding the issue and I did that the senator I contacted is Kamla Harris and she works for my area her office was helpful but the only thing I got from them was an official letter stating that I have to wait and this wait can not be expedited or waived. If you guys have any suggestions or similar stories please, please share it with us.

Thanks in advance :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I  have seen AP longer than a year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mariam ahadi said:

If you guys have any suggestions or similar stories please, please share it with us.

Not much you can do but wait. Not very surprising that its taking so long with your husband coming from Afghanistan. Men from MENA countries generally undergo longer AP

Don’t worry I know someone  who had his  interview on July 2018 and he is still waiting although his wife is a citizen. 

I know three other people who had their interviews on October 2018 and they are still waiting so don’t worry at all.  Good luck to all us 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

my husband had his interview in February 2018, then we had to do a joint interview in February 2019. Nothing is fast on this journey.

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Hello All,

I applied for my husband on January 31st, 2017. His interview was in May of 2018 and until today there have been no updates on our case. The only time our case is updated is when I send an inquiry via email. I also contacted my congressman and he contacted the Kabul Embassy but was told there is no way to know when the AP will be completed. My aunt applied for her husband in December of 2016 and she is in the same situation, still waiting for AP to be completed. I keep checking this website and I don’t see any males getting their visas yet. If someone who has gotten their visa can advise, that would be great. I honestly don’t know what to do. If I should go there and just wait with him or for him to take his passport back and go to another country. There are so many things to think about. I just wish everyone who is waiting to get their visa gets it soon Inshallah. I’ll continue to update you guys if there are any updates. 

Timeline

You can certainly ask for your Passport back.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Yeah, It is permissible to get the passport back, however something in my heart is stopping us from doing so. I feel like we have waited so long and maybe if we wait just a tiny bit longer, hey may get his visa soon lol... everything happens for a reason so this long AP may be for a very good reason. 

Timeline

Asking for your Passport does not stop the process, usually they return it if they expect a long AP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My fiancé has been under AP for almost 7 months now, he lives in Hamburg, Germany. Was practically raised in Europe. His only fault is he is an Afghan National and that is why AP is taking forever, which I think is totally unfair and BS. 

Also, I am an American citizen born and raised here. 

Yeah that makes it tough. My husband just graduated from Med School there and is working at a hospital. His whole life he was in school lol. I didn’t this his AP would take so long. I was also born and raised in the US, my parents are from Afghanistan. I just hope you and everyone else waiting for their spouses reunites soon!

I have seen a couple with same circumstances as yours that received a visa within 18 months. She was a green card holder and had a 1 year old child. I am a US citizen and am still waiting over 18 months for my husbands visa. So it does take time. 

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for replying and sharing your stories. It means a lot to know we are not alone on this journey. I wish everyone best of luck and please keep us updated if anyone gets lucky here lol.

On 9/28/2019 at 11:31 PM, Boiler said:

I  have seen AP longer than a year.

I hope ours end soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.