2,997 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

@Fishy89 there you go..we were just talking about it yesterday! Up USCIS!🙌 they kept their word for once!!!😏😊 I hope they repent and be consistent!💁

Yes dear they kept their word !! They were processing it behind my house 😂

LOOL 😂

2 minutes ago, Fishy89 said:

Yes dear they kept their word !! They were processing it behind my house 😂

LOOL 😂

Lmao! Rotfl!😂😂😂 please tell them I have massive space behind my house..they can move base..so happy for you..I can feel your joy from here!💫🌟👯

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, staypositive said:

I updated the address in writing AR11 but never got a confirmation. I was sure that after doing that I would be at the Queens office, but I don’t know anything anymore... The congressperson said they have been trying to confirm my address with USCIS but didn‘t get a response on that. All of this is so confusing. What else can I do to get my address confirmed?

You can go to infopass appt to confirm your address. You might have to call the 800 number to schedule because they are phasing out the online infopass scheduling system. 

My understanding of the process is the same as Fedaniela described. Once the 360 is approved it is sent to NBC. They do a pre-processing check for 864w, medical, birth certificate and valid biometrics. Then they send it to the local office who sets the interview. I have no idea why your case was stuck at NBC and not sent to the local office until your congressperson got involved 12 months later - Im sorry that happened to you. Its good that the congressperson is helping fix this! So now when the local office gets your file they will place you in line for an interview. There may be a long wait. You can ask the congressperson to request an expedited interview date because there was an error in your case not being sent promptly maybe? I dont know if it would get you an interview sooner or not but it cant hurt to ask. 

Hello everyone.

I read online that it's possible to transfer the priority date of earlier filed 1- 130 (filed by the abuser) to form 1-360. Does anyone know how this is done?. I currently filed form 1-360 from abroad and I already got the notice of receipt. Please advice how and when I should do this transfer if it's possible. I found out the petition 1- 130  my abuser filed for me in 2017 is still pending. I have a divorce in process. And I dont want to do things wrong. I cant afford a lawyer at this point as much as I want to have one. Please advice me. Any input you give will be highly appreciated. Thankyou for reading.

1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

wow congrats. is it EAD or I360?

Thanks dear 🤗 it’s EAD .. still waiting for i360 approval .. hopefully we all get approved soon ❤️ 

I made my application for vawa from abroad. I got my notification of receipt in 3 weeks from when I filed the application.  I send hospital records, medical evaluation,police reports. Pictures of the assault. Affidavits. Tickets for when I visited my husband etc.  So I guess now it's to wait and see. To those who are wondering if you can apply from abroad with a foreigh address. Yes you can. I guess the next question is will it work?  Time will tell and all I can do is to cry to God to make a way for me. AMEN

6 hours ago, Villanelle said:

You can go to infopass appt to confirm your address. You might have to call the 800 number to schedule because they are phasing out the online infopass scheduling system. 

My understanding of the process is the same as Fedaniela described. Once the 360 is approved it is sent to NBC. They do a pre-processing check for 864w, medical, birth certificate and valid biometrics. Then they send it to the local office who sets the interview. I have no idea why your case was stuck at NBC and not sent to the local office until your congressperson got involved 12 months later - Im sorry that happened to you. Its good that the congressperson is helping fix this! So now when the local office gets your file they will place you in line for an interview. There may be a long wait. You can ask the congressperson to request an expedited interview date because there was an error in your case not being sent promptly maybe? I dont know if it would get you an interview sooner or not but it cant hurt to ask. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond, it’s an unfortunate situation but I will ask the congressperson to request an expedited interview date if possible once the local office has the file. I wonder what went wrong... Thank you again!

Hello @sandanj

I got my c31 EAD on May 6 2019 and on a different letter that was sent to me few weeks later, they indicated that my vawa was approved on the 22nd of April 2019 and they can’t issue me a new ead because I was previously sent one as stated, this is because after I submitted my Vawa application in August 2017 I later applied for travel parole and a new ead in January 2018 which was never approved until I received the c31 ead on May 6 2019. Ever since I got that later I haven’t received the official approval letter and it’s 5 months already, I live in Dallas area and I would really want to know if it seems normal, I was thinking of contacting the congressman but I decided to consult our VJ family before I can proceed, please I will really appreciate your advice on this issue. Thanks for being there for us.

3 hours ago, Sky4limit said:

Hello @sandanj

I got my c31 EAD on May 6 2019 and on a different letter that was sent to me few weeks later, they indicated that my vawa was approved on the 22nd of April 2019 and they can’t issue me a new ead because I was previously sent one as stated, this is because after I submitted my Vawa application in August 2017 I later applied for travel parole and a new ead in January 2018 which was never approved until I received the c31 ead on May 6 2019. Ever since I got that later I haven’t received the official approval letter and it’s 5 months already, I live in Dallas area and I would really want to know if it seems normal, I was thinking of contacting the congressman but I decided to consult our VJ family before I can proceed, please I will really appreciate your advice on this issue. Thanks for being there for us.

You may contact your congressman..but I don't see much issue here..you were approved! Big win🙌 USCIS sent a letter..even if it's not the usual one..to confirm you have been approved! Confirmation of the big win!🙌 you were sent the C31 EAD! You're still winning or am I missing something?😏 if you care about an official approval letter that much then ask your congressman..my approval letter has been sitting in a spot since April..I don't do anything with it! You have everything you need already! When you go for your interview you will see the big brown VAWA file on the officer's desk that has been approved and the concern will be mainly on the i485!💁

9 hours ago, Cashewd said:

I made my application for vawa from abroad. I got my notification of receipt in 3 weeks from when I filed the application.  I send hospital records, medical evaluation,police reports. Pictures of the assault. Affidavits. Tickets for when I visited my husband etc.  So I guess now it's to wait and see. To those who are wondering if you can apply from abroad with a foreigh address. Yes you can. I guess the next question is will it work?  Time will tell and all I can do is to cry to God to make a way for me. AMEN

Keep crying to God in prayers🙏and in the solitude of your heart..HE will come through for you my dear! That is for sure!!! Very encouraging for those filing from outside the U.S. @natalysmile take note!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Cashewd said:

Congratulations. What country do you live in? You can write it to me personally in a message. Thank.
I have not received a reply. It's been over 8 weeks now. Perhaps I didn’t fill the Petition correctly because of this problem.

6 minutes ago, natalysmile said:

Congratulations. What country do you live in? You can write it to me personally in a message. Thank.
I have not received a reply. It's been over 8 weeks now. Perhaps I didn’t fill the Petition correctly because of this problem.

Hey Nataly, did you take note of the documents submitted by the above poster? Did you submit that much documentation? Or even close? I'm concerned too if you filed correctly..you really needed guidance before filing and submitting the petition! I don't know if you're talking to Sandra privately about this..you should! She can help! I'm even thinking about the possibility of you doing it all over again and doing it correctly this time!💁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.