2,997 posts in this topic

Como estas famalia?Β 

Need suggestions. I have received my NOA for my i765 and i131 based on c09. They accepted it without fee waiver πŸ˜‰

Now, I want to expedite my EAD because i do not want to wait 3 months for my EAD to get approved. do you think i should consult my congressman and explain him the situation? USCIS has used my previous bio metrics

26 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Como estas famalia?Β 

Need suggestions. I have received my NOA for my i765 and i131 based on c09. They accepted it without fee waiver πŸ˜‰

Now, I want to expedite my EAD because i do not want to wait 3 months for my EAD to get approved. do you think i should consult my congressman and explain him the situation? USCIS has used my previous bio metrics

This is my honest opinion.

Expedition Criteria is not because you don't want to wait type of request. USCIS will ask forΒ Expedite Request Reasons with document to proofΒ so. You just received your NOA you have your 180 days extension available for you to work, USCIS will alleged that. I am telling you base on my own experience my 180 days extension was expiring in a month i made my expedite request thru my congress person she call USCIS directly in front of me, and they said IΒ still have a month of myΒ extension, since is only a month deadline please submit employment letter evidence to consider my expedition request, my employer did the letter next day and withing a week was approved.Β 

Β 

But you are free to tryΒ every case and every officer is different.Β 

Filed: Timeline

Shroy123 does not have the auto 180 day extension because the attny mistakenly sent in a renewal for c31 when it was a c09 card. You only get the extension if it was filed on time. So the old c09 expired and now a new c09 renewal was just sent.Β 

You can ask for an expedite for the renewal however it cant be because you sent in the wrong form before! Thats not a valid reason (it was your mistake). You can ask for an expedite for financial hardship reasons- show a job offer or income/expense statements, bank statements etc. EADs are taking longer then 3 months currently. Because of this many many people have been asking for expedites so USCIS is being a bit more strict on giving expedite approval. People are still getting them though so it cant hurt to try.

3 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Shroy123 does not have the auto 180 day extension because the attny mistakenly sent in a renewal for c31 when it was a c09 card. You only get the extension if it was filed on time. So the old c09 expired and now a new c09 renewal was just sent.Β 

You can ask for an expedite for the renewal however it cant be because you sent in the wrong form before! Thats not a valid reason (it was your mistake). You can ask for an expedite for financial hardship reasons- show a job offer or income/expense statements, bank statements etc. EADs are taking longer then 3 months currently. Because of this many many people have been asking for expedites so USCIS is being a bit more strict on giving expedite approval. People are still getting them though so it cant hurt to try.

If he does not have the 180 days extension, than is very reasonable to ask for expedition....Β 

2 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Como estas famalia?Β 

Disregard my first messages,Β  I was not aware you did not have the 180 days extension.... Contact your congress person to make the requested .

1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

@FeDanielaΒ she is right. but I got your point i will attach my employer letter

Just now, Shroy123 said:

@FeDanielaΒ she is right. but I got your point i will attach my employer letter

Yes, tried to requested with proof, so it will be approved... because the mistake was from your lawyer.Β 

2 minutes ago, bengolo said:

Hi guys Β does anyone receive courtesy of letterΒ  while waiting for interview and if some got it how long you wait for interview.

Β 

Β 

There's no one answer to this..as it depends..I received my courtesy letter in July and currently waiting for an interview date! Some people didn't get it but already hadΒ their interview...few got it and waited about 4 to 5months before interview was scheduled! Patience patience more patience!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

54 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

do you think infopass might help?

Do you mean if infopass would help in expediting your case? The answer is no! You have to have proof like you've been told earlier..but if you're granted an infopass, you may use the opportunity to learn new things..it's part of the reason I'm attending mine in a few days!😊

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

There's no one answer to this..as it depends..I received my courtesy letter in July and currently waiting for an interview date! Some people didn't get it but already hadΒ their interview...few got it and waited about 4 to 5months before interview was scheduled! Patience patience more patience!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

I understand im not in rush but im just curious :).Attorney told me the same so i just want to share some opinion:

Β 

Β 

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.