2,997 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear house I have a question my current work authorization and advance parole Under category c09 is going to expire on 13 June 2020 can I apply for the renewal of the same on 13 December 2019.

Moreover do I have to pay the fees for the work authorization and advance parole or it should be exempt from the fees

On the USCIS site, it says we can renew up to 180days before expiration not more than 180days...figure it out. As long as you have a pending i485, you don't have to pay for renewal.👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

On the USCIS site, it says we can renew up to 180days before expiration not more than 180days...figure it out. As long as you have a pending i485, you don't have to pay for renewal.👍

So what will be the earliest possible day to send it for example if the expiration date is 13 June 2020 can I send my renewal on 15 December 2019

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear house I have a question my current work authorization and advance parole Under category c09 is going to expire on 13 June 2020 can I apply for the renewal of the same on 13 December 2019.

Moreover do I have to pay the fees for the work authorization and advance parole or it should be exempt from the fees

I'm sorry to ask but why did you wait this long if you had prior 180 days ahead. You may get an earlier response but don't stress about it okay. You'll be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Just a caution that 6 months and 180 days are NOT the same...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Sure as long as it's 6months (180 days) prior to expiration, then you're good to go!👍

@Braveheart123 please use USCIS stated time..it specifically states 180days not 6months! Even though 180 days equals roughly 6 months. Just so we clear. Thanks!😁👍

Dear house, I really need some guidance right now.

I am a student with F1 visa but I can’t afford my tuition any more. I submitted I360 on May 2018. I got my C09 ead card this year Sept base on the pending 485, but I am hesitated to use it. I was told if I use the C09 ead, I will immediately lose my F1 status, which means I will need to out of US immediately if  my i360 be denied.

I really want to work and drop my school, but I am afraid lost my F1 status will make me no choice if my I 360 be denied. Could anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks a lot for all

Edited by Orangeland
@

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Orangeland said:

I am a student with F1 visa but I can’t afford my tuition any more. I submitted I360 on May 2018. I got my C09 ead card this year Sept base on the pending 485, but I am hesitated to use it. I was told if I use the C09 ead, I will immediately lose my F1 status, which means I will need to out of US immediately if  my i360 be denied.

I really want to work and drop my school, but I am afraid lost my F1 status will make me no choice if my I 360 be denied. Could anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks a lot for all

You applied in May 2018 or May 2019

moreover nothing happens to your status keep working both the status is valid

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

@Braveheart123 please use USCIS stated time..it specifically states 180days not 6months! Even though 180 days equals roughly 6 months. Just so we clear. Thanks!😁👍

So can I apply after 25 December 2019 so that it will be 180 days I am confused after receiving message for Tbone Texas I hope Sandra can respond to this situation as well

4 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

You applied in May 2018 or May 2019

moreover nothing happens to your status keep working both the status is valid

I applied on May 2018. The receipt is 5/29/2018. Do you mean I can use my C09 ead while my F1 status will keep valid? But F1 status is a non-immigration status, i thought it will invalidate if I use ead card base on pending 485.

Edited by Orangeland

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Orangeland said:

I applied on May 2018. The receipt is 5/29/2018. Do you mean I can use my C09 ead my F1 status will keep valid? 

Yes

10 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

So can I apply after 25 December 2019 so that it will be 180 days I am confused after receiving message for Tbone Texas I hope Sandra can respond to this situation as well

You don't have to be confused..180 days equals roughly 6 months..not quite but roughly as stated! You have no need to rush you still have time..you can choose to do it by the month end like you mentioned or Jan. You're in the safe time zone.👍

19 hours ago, Kore188 said:

Hello Everyone, I am new here and discovered this forum through google. I applied for Vawa and received a prima facie, I live in New York City and I was wondering how to apply for FAFSA with the prima facie, Can I do it online ? because in the online form they always ask if you are a legal resident and that part always blocks me. Thank you

I applied as I’m a resident and it was approved but with a missing document which was the prove that I’m a resident because they checked with USCIS and USCIS said I’m not but they still approved and sent to the college and it was my college’s responsibility to ask me for the document. 

Days later they called me asking for the document and I sent PRIMA FACIE which was approved!!

28 minutes ago, Orangeland said:

My experience, I kept my F1 status valid until I485 denied due to I130 withdrew. My case was pending almost 3 years I never use EAD. I still received NTA 45 days after I485 denied. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.