JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, dattstar said:

you too, hope you get it soon , they work too slow...

Yeah they are way too slow and take way too long to check resubmitted docs. We resubmitted on 7th of Jan and then last doc on 19th Jan, wonder when we are going to hear (may be 7th march or 19 th march, as nvc's current timeline for resubmission checking is 2 whole months).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I submitted my documents on 14th November 2019, they got reviewed after 2 months on 10th January 2020, I received a message from NVC saying they need a document, it was W2 of my sponsor. On same day 10th January 2020 my lawyer submitted the missing document.

today it's almost 40+ days(more than 6 weeks) and NVC still haven't reviewed that 1 document that I resubmitted.

I think from all the replies to this post, my case is the slowest one :"( everyone else's resubmitted documents got reviewed and accepted within 6 weeks.

I don't know why NVC is taking so long. 

2 hours ago, SabaQazi said:

I submitted my documents on 14th November 2019, they got reviewed after 2 months on 10th January 2020, I received a message from NVC saying they need a document, it was W2 of my sponsor. On same day 10th January 2020 my lawyer submitted the missing document.

today it's almost 40+ days(more than 6 weeks) and NVC still haven't reviewed that 1 document that I resubmitted.

I think from all the replies to this post, my case is the slowest one :"( everyone else's resubmitted documents got reviewed and accepted within 6 weeks.

I don't know why NVC is taking so long. 

I think you have not read last replies on this post , it takes 8-9 weeks from todays timeline . I’ve personally waited 9 weeks after resubmitted last 2 documents that was rejected for my stupid mistake... .  

you can check nvc timeframe here to have a picture when to expect...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

1 hour ago, dattstar said:

I think you have not read last replies on this post , it takes 8-9 weeks from todays timeline . I’ve personally waited 9 weeks after resubmitted last 2 documents that was rejected for my stupid mistake... .  

you can check nvc timeframe here to have a picture when to expect...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Is the time line same for all Visa categories? I've resubmitted my doc on 5th jan got no info from nvc. So there's a chance of getting the reply on march 5th? Thanks for your help guys. (F4 visa) 

On 2/12/2020 at 4:22 AM, JiyaFaisal said:

Please share whenever your documents are approved, (it is 12th Feb and you might hear tomorrow) I will wait to know the current response time for resubmission as We resubmitted our documents by the 6th of Jan 2020 (last doc was resubmitted by 19th of Jan).

Good luck and dont forget to share. Thank you

I submitted on 5th November, resubmitted on 6th January, and am still waiting on a response, even tho there timeline is saying they are reviewing documents submitted on December 20th, so i guess its just a few weeks more.... I pray they don't ask for any other documents after this...

Is it just me, or did NVC review process just get slower? 

Does anyone know about how far they move up each week? 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

1 hour ago, TamMhmd said:

Is it just me, or did NVC review process just get slower? 

Does anyone know about how far they move up each week? 

Nope it’s not just you , everyone gets affected by this ... their timeline shows that they are currently reviewing documents submitted  on 20dec... you can check timelines on their website they update info every monday if it’s workday and not holiday. They are receiving too many cases and they work really slow that’s why it takes so long...

Edited by dattstar

13 hours ago, dattstar said:

Nope it’s not just you , everyone gets affected by this ... their timeline shows that they are currently reviewing documents submitted  on 20dec... you can check timelines on their website they update info every monday if it’s workday and not holiday. They are receiving too many cases and they work really slow that’s why it takes so long...

Yes I believe they are either working slow or too many cases, as I can recall when they were at Feb 4, they were reviewing for Dec 4, a month apart, but that trend got slower now...We just have to wait with all this anxiety....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I called NVC and asked why it has been slow lately. She said they have slowly been moving to an electronic based system and now it is more electronic than paper and this is the reason it has been slowly slowing down since 2018. She said "they are swamped right now" 😏 

They do recommend to ONLY upload the documents has you gather them, ONLY SUBMIT ones every document needed is uploaded with the proper PDF format as they do not recommend using JPG files, compressing them to minimum size and making sure the documents do not need to be rotated. They recommend submitting everything together to prevent falling back to the end of the line. Please keep me updated with any changes on your case!

Thanks for that update....noted for future reference.

21 hours ago, Kuhristy said:

They do recommend to ONLY upload the documents has you gather them, ONLY SUBMIT ones every document needed is uploaded with the proper PDF format as they do not recommend using JPG files, compressing them to minimum size and making sure the documents do not need to be rotated. They recommend submitting everything together to prevent falling back to the end of the line. Please keep me updated with any changes on your case!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got the NVC notification that they have accepted all my documents and they are working with the local embassy for my interview schedule. I submitted the last document last Dec 27, 2019. 

Question: How long do they schedule an interview from the notification? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.