JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, roald6212 said:

I just got the NVC notification that they have accepted all my documents and they are working with the local embassy for my interview schedule. I submitted the last document last Dec 27, 2019. 

Question: How long do they schedule an interview from the notification? 

Thank you!

as for your question, my embassy is in Mexico and I am hearing it can take up to 10 months for a interview. The wait time can vary by embassy. 

2 hours ago, roald6212 said:

I just got the NVC notification that they have accepted all my documents and they are working with the local embassy for my interview schedule. I submitted the last document last Dec 27, 2019. 

Question: How long do they schedule an interview from the notification? 

depends on embassy some people wait 1 month other 10 it’s totally on embassy 

Hello .. i sumbitted documents to Nvc on December 13 .  and they got accepted by febuary 14. But one document got rejected , the tax return since i dont work they want a explanation of why i cant give tax. I sumbitted it on Febuary 17 the explanation of not giving tax . How long do i wait ?  Plz answer :((  i m a us citizen . New york. Cr1 spouse visa. Do i have to wait all over again ?

Edited by Sumavia

43 minutes ago, Sumavia said:

Hello .. i sumbitted documents to Nvc on December 13 .  and they got accepted by febuary 14. But one document got rejected , the tax return since i dont work they want a explanation of why i cant give tax. I sumbitted it on Febuary 17 the explanation of not giving tax . How long do i wait ?  Plz answer :((  i m a us citizen . New york. Cr1 spouse visa. Do i have to wait all over again ?

yes, I believe you fall back to the end of the line when they request new documents

3 hours ago, Sumavia said:

Is there anything i can do about it :( . Why do we have to wait all over again

When you submit documents on first time it gets reviewed quickly than second time (resubmitted) same happened to me first time it took 1 month to get rejected on 1 document after I resubmitted I waited 2 month to get accepted.  you can do nothing about it 

Just now, dattstar said:

When you submit documents on first time it gets reviewed quickly than second time (resubmitted) same happened to me first time it took 1 month to get rejected on 1 document after I resubmitted I waited 2 month to get accepted.  you can do nothing about it 

So right now Nvc is reviewing documents that were sumbitted on December 20. So i wait until they reach Febuary 😭😭 will it work if i call them ? I filled out inquiry forms as well as emailed them .no answer as of now.

13 minutes ago, dattstar said:

I called them twice but they told me that I should wait they can’t review it quickly , and by the way do they allow to not have a sponsor? As I know you should add a relative or Joint sponsor if you don’t have enough taxes to sponsor .

If you don’t meet the minimum annual income you MUST have a sponsor to move forward. 

Just now, dattstar said:

I called them twice but they told me that I should wait they can’t review it quickly , and by the way do they allow to not have a sponsor? As I know you should add a relative or Joint sponsor if you don’t have enough taxes to sponsor .

Yeah i had a joint sponsor. I gave in aafiidavit and all . It all got accepted . But we gave in tax return too an old one so they rejected it and said its an old one either give a updated one or give an explanation of why you cant . My lawer re sumbbited it on Feb 17  a explanation of why i cant. So by when will it get accept ? 

1 minute ago, Sumavia said:

Yeah i had a joint sponsor. I gave in aafiidavit and all . It all got accepted . But we gave in tax return too an old one so they rejected it and said its an old one either give a updated one or give an explanation of why you cant . My lawer re sumbbited it on Feb 17  a explanation of why i cant. So by when will it get accept ? 

hard to tell , check timelines every week to have close vision when to expect, probably it will take 2 month until they reach to you. good luck. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

this timeframe was pretty close to real one .

you can try to call them too but it’s just waisting time + they will tell you the same every time that they received your resubmitted document and you should wait until they check it . + it’s hard to get on hold when you call them by phone and if you finally on hold it takes 30min to 1 hour until they pickup the phone.

Just now, dattstar said:

you can try to call them too but it’s just waisting time + they will tell you the same every time that they received your resubmitted document and you should wait until they check it . + it’s hard to get on hold when you call them by phone and if you finally on hold it takes 30min to 1 hour until they pickup the phone.

You've called them before for resumbitted documents ? I thought if you call them up they bring up your case and work on it following week well thats what i've read😭 your re sumbitted document got accepted after 2 months ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.