JonoB

How long does NVC take to review resubmitted documents?

593 posts in this topic

i petitioned for my wife, i paid the affidavit of support and summited the paperwork, also submitted the visa application and paperwork as well.  2 weeks later i get a notification saying that im missing my previous divorce papers, so i submitted that too, an 3 days later it went to "accepted" status, does that mean all my paperwork was on point and i need nothing else but to wait for the interview? or are they still reviewing it?

reason i ask is because its been over a month since it went to accepted status and al i can think of thats taking so long is there are still looking over everything

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/28/2020 at 2:11 PM, mfgoiel said:

It's been taking longer recently. I submitted on the 11th of August and got Approved on 13th of September. You'll find a few outliers though who get approved a lot quicker.

I resubmitted our document on Dec 19th. Now here is Feb 10th and we still waiting for them to review that document 🤦🏾‍♀️.

1 hour ago, Ms.F.Brown1 said:

I resubmitted our document on Dec 19th. Now here is Feb 10th and we still waiting for them to review that document 🤦🏾‍♀️.

In the same boat. :( I resubmitted a few AOS documents that were "editable" on December 13th. Still anxiously awaiting their approval. Hopefully we'll hear back this or next week. 

On 2/11/2020 at 7:33 AM, cloobn said:

In the same boat. :( I resubmitted a few AOS documents that were "editable" on December 13th. Still anxiously awaiting their approval. Hopefully we'll hear back this or next week. 

Please share whenever your documents are approved, (it is 12th Feb and you might hear tomorrow) I will wait to know the current response time for resubmission as We resubmitted our documents by the 6th of Jan 2020 (last doc was resubmitted by 19th of Jan).

Good luck and dont forget to share. Thank you

On 2/12/2020 at 4:22 AM, JiyaFaisal said:

Please share whenever your documents are approved, (it is 12th Feb and you might hear tomorrow) I will wait to know the current response time for resubmission as We resubmitted our documents by the 6th of Jan 2020 (last doc was resubmitted by 19th of Jan).

Our documents were approved on February 11th! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our first submission was reviewed in only 4 weeks. 

Our second was submitted January 6, still awaiting DQ. I guess we just got lucky the first time around... so strange how it all works! 

We had the wrong birth certificate so was instructed to mark the document as unavailable and attach a note in the comment section explaining that we would bring it to the interview. I submitted this on January 6. 

Since it was taking longer than the first submission I called the NVC and was told that (what I had been instructed to do) was not sufficient and I needed a formal letter with signature to explain the birth certificate. Their website only says you need a detailed written explanation. I was instructed to add the formal document, so the last 6 weeks would be useless. I haven't done it yet, as she said sometimes the note was sufficient. 

Anyone else experience different advice from NVC?! So frustrating! 

Anyway, excited to see when you all will get DQ! 

On 2/12/2020 at 4:22 AM, JiyaFaisal said:

are you still waiting or it got approved already? I’m still waiting mine was submitted on 21 December 

7 hours ago, dattstar said:

are you still waiting or it got approved already? I’m still waiting mine was submitted on 21 December 

Still waiting! You will hear before us as u resubmitted on 21st dec and we on 6th Jan. Let me know know whenever u get approval, it will probably by the end of this week for you (may be the start of next week) good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.