Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hello!

It has been a while since we have been on VJ, so we forgot a bunch of the terms.  HA!  Anyways, we are trying to find a post for the following step (getting the 10-year green card).  @Sarge2155  I believe you start yours probably around October/November, since you got the green card back in April 2020.  Any information you can give us?  Ours is still a bit away.  But, we want to see what things we can start working on.  Thanks!

Yeah I'm going to start assembling it in October 2021 but I can't  officially submit it till early January 2022.

They want documents and proofs from the day you were married up until the day you submit your ROC and through too the interview should you have one

Health insurance. mind you all these should be in both names

Car insurance. Wills, deeds, rent contracts or leases, plane tickets, bank statements checking and savings, driver license showing same addresses, utility  Bill's, credit  cards, major purchases,  income taxes transcripts work best basically the kitchen sink! I don't  look forward to assembling it, but I'm  going to throw the kitchen sink at them. Maybe I can luck out and not get interviewed like with the AOS!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

17 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah I'm going to start assembling it in October 2021 but I can't  officially submit it till early January 2022.

They want documents and proofs from the day you were married up until the day you submit your ROC and through too the interview should you have one

Health insurance. mind you all these should be in both names

Car insurance. Wills, deeds, rent contracts or leases, plane tickets, bank statements checking and savings, driver license showing same addresses, utility  Bill's, credit  cards, major purchases,  income taxes transcripts work best basically the kitchen sink! I don't  look forward to assembling it, but I'm  going to throw the kitchen sink at them. Maybe I can luck out and not get interviewed like with the AOS!

Thank you!  Yes, we figured it would be long and annoying because of the years we need to include.  So, that's why we want to get ahead at least up to the AOS interview.  Then, work from there.  GEEZ.  We are hoping that we don't get an interview.  According to our officer at the AOS interview, if we submit the packet as thorough as the AOS one, since we had an interview for the AOS, there is a high chance of not being interviewed for this one.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Journey20 said:

Just got our update saying our case has been scheduled for an interview. One week shy of two years since we filed. Thankfully the journey is almost over. Our office is Sacramento California. 

Wow I'm  glad you are in the zone, nice to think your journey is almost over, but maybe you'd have better said your AOS journey. Will they give you the 10year  GC? At any rate congratulations

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

6 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Wow I'm  glad you are in the zone, nice to think your journey is almost over, but maybe you'd have better said your AOS journey. Will they give you the 10year  GC? At any rate congratulations

We should get the 10 year as we're over two years of marriage. That's the good part of waiting this long!

2 hours ago, Journey20 said:

We should get the 10 year as we're over two years of marriage. That's the good part of waiting this long!

Makes it all worth the wait no ROC

Citizenship Complete!

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hello Friends, hope all of you are good. I just wanted to ask a question regarding the citizenship by marriage. I read the requirements on USCIS website and says:

• Have continuous residence in the United States as a lawful permanent resident for at least three years immediately before the date you file your application;

my question is, if am I considered a lawful permanent residente since the moment I filed my change of status or since the moment I received my Green Card approval. As you know I came here through the fiancé process, then I got married and apply for my change of status, but I received my green card approval 1 year after. 

can you help me please? 

11 minutes ago, Juliee said:

Hello Friends, hope all of you are good. I just wanted to ask a question regarding the citizenship by marriage. I read the requirements on USCIS website and says:

• Have continuous residence in the United States as a lawful permanent resident for at least three years immediately before the date you file your application;

my question is, if am I considered a lawful permanent residente since the moment I filed my change of status or since the moment I received my Green Card approval. As you know I came here through the fiancé process, then I got married and apply for my change of status, but I received my green card approval 1 year after. 

can you help me please? 

Your time as an LPR starts from the date it says on your GC It says resident  since xxv xxv xxxx

Citizenship Complete!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 6:45 AM, Journey20 said:

Did you get 10 years green card? 
had my interview a week ago in Sacramento. They only gave me 2 years green card but we are married for more than 2 years already.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:17 PM, Journey20 said:

Just got our update saying our case has been scheduled for an interview. One week shy of two years since we filed. Thankfully the journey is almost over. Our office is Sacramento California. 

Did you get 10 years green card? Had mt interview a week ago in Sacramento. Received my green card yesterday but it’s only valid for 2 years. 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:51 PM, CLUAE said:

Did you get 10 years green card? 
had my interview a week ago in Sacramento. They only gave me 2 years green card but we are married for more than 2 years already.

We got the ten year. You'll have to report that to the USCIS as an error on their part. The supervisor should have caught that during the approval process. If you file the paperwork to report the error, they should correct it relatively quickly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, Landsend1 said:

Probably on the last batch of the September filers but finally got approved this past friday. Interview was supposed to be in the San Francisco office but got moved to the USCIS office in San Jose, CA. 

Congratulations! I'm glad that you have received the approval. 
We filed in a month before this batch Aug 2019 and are still waiting for an interview to be scheduled :( Also in San Fransico. I'm feeling pretty despaired and confused. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Fe.Ta Did you go over to the ROC section of this website, there is weath of information there on the 10 year GC. Did you file your ROC yet?

Check out this thread!

Citizenship Complete!

On 1/11/2022 at 8:18 AM, Sarge2155 said:

@Fe.Ta Did you go over to the ROC section of this website, there is weath of information there on the 10 year GC. Did you file your ROC yet?

Check out this thread!

Hey!  Long time no “see”!  Thank you for the heads up and good luck! Our window doesn’t open until October.  We are planning on starting the documentation in the summer.  But, I am a little worried, since we have some commingling, but not things like leases and bills.  Our taxes, banks, cards, investments, even one car is together, but house things are non-existent for us.  My parents are close to their 80s, so we take care of them and we live in the house, which means it is owned to be inherited - no lease or mortgage.  Thus, usual bills are under my parents’ names because the deed is (for now).

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.