Jump to content
Luon7951

Future Relationships....

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all, I’m sad to say my relationship didn’t work out, but I have a few questions for what’s next. I am the petitioner and a USC. 

 

The k1 application is at the embassy in HCMC and was extended for a year. We did not attend the interview. 

 

Should I contact the embassy to withdraw the application for either of the three scenarios below. I am curious to know if the active petition will cause any issues. 

 

1) I meet another USC and want to get married. 

 

2) I meet someone in the US on a F1 visa, we get married, and I petition for a green card for my partner. 

 

3) I meet someone outside of the US and I want to apply for another K1 or a spousal visa

Edited by Luon7951

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact USCIS and send a letter to withdraw the I-129F petition. Send a copy of the letter to the embassy (email should be fine). They will (eventually) send it back to USCIS to terminate it.

It's just better for everybody involved to close the loose ends. Technically the I-129F should expire on its own eventually, but it's just cleaner to make it formal and make it an explicit act to do so.

Sorry things didn't work out.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As geowrian said, the applications, etc., will eventually expire.However, it is better to leave things on a good note. Send letters to the consulate @HCMC (email should be fine), and a letter to the CSC telling them things just work out as you had planned. Be sure to include a copy of your NOA2 with USCIS receipt number. The letter to the consulate should also have the NVC case file number. You don't need to go into any details, just short and sweet. I would suggest that you send the one to CSC be certified, return receipt requested. That way you know that they got it.


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pitaya said:

As geowrian said, the applications, etc., will eventually expire.However, it is better to leave things on a good note. Send letters to the consulate @HCMC (email should be fine), and a letter to the CSC telling them things just work out as you had planned. Be sure to include a copy of your NOA2 with USCIS receipt number. The letter to the consulate should also have the NVC case file number. You don't need to go into any details, just short and sweet. I would suggest that you send the one to CSC be certified, return receipt requested. That way you know that they got it.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the CSC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luon7951 said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the CSC?

California Service Center


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pitaya said:

As geowrian said, the applications, etc., will eventually expire.However, it is better to leave things on a good note. Send letters to the consulate @HCMC (email should be fine), and a letter to the CSC telling them things just work out as you had planned. Be sure to include a copy of your NOA2 with USCIS receipt number. The letter to the consulate should also have the NVC case file number. You don't need to go into any details, just short and sweet. I would suggest that you send the one to CSC be certified, return receipt requested. That way you know that they got it.

Only needs to send a letter to : Embassy/Consulate where the interview is to take place, and send one to the USCIS and include service center.

 

 

Edited by Falcon Cara

ChickBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Luon7951 said:

Hello all, I’m sad to say my relationship didn’t work out, but I have a few questions for what’s next. I am the petitioner and a USC. 

 

The k1 application is at the embassy in HCMC and was extended for a year. We did not attend the interview. 

 

Should I contact the embassy to withdraw the application for either of the three scenarios below. I am curious to know if the active petition will cause any issues. 

 

1) I meet another USC and want to get married. 

 

2) I meet someone in the US on a F1 visa, we get married, and I petition for a green card for my partner. 

 

3) I meet someone outside of the US and I want to apply for another K1 or a spousal visa

Send a withdrawl letter to the Embassy, and they should issue you a letter stating it has been withdrew

 

USCIS will also send you a letter letting you know they have administratively closed the petition because original validity date has passed, the action is without prejudice to the filing of any future petitions or applications.


ChickBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Luon7951 said:

Hello all, I’m sad to say my relationship didn’t work out, but I have a few questions for what’s next. I am the petitioner and a USC. 

 

The k1 application is at the embassy in HCMC and was extended for a year. We did not attend the interview. 

 

Should I contact the embassy to withdraw the application for either of the three scenarios below. I am curious to know if the active petition will cause any issues. 

 

1) I meet another USC and want to get married. 

 

2) I meet someone in the US on a F1 visa, we get married, and I petition for a green card for my partner. 

 

3) I meet someone outside of the US and I want to apply for another K1 or a spousal visa

you say you are the USC and then ask about meeting another US person to marry ????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 10:17 PM, geowrian said:

Contact USCIS and send a letter to withdraw the I-129F petition. Send a copy of the letter to the embassy (email should be fine). They will (eventually) send it back to USCIS to terminate it.

It's just better for everybody involved to close the loose ends. Technically the I-129F should expire on its own eventually, but it's just cleaner to make it formal and make it an explicit act to do so.

Sorry things didn't work out.

Excellent advice. This is exactly what a friend of mine did and it worked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...