Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

587 posts in this topic

Just now, Mackznie said:

Yeah! Everytime I call I get the standard message like we r 2 busy 2 talk 2 u haha! I call at different times of the day and its still the same thing! And then the call automatically hangs up! I use the 603-334-0700 number! Should I call the other line? 603-334-0888?

I used the 0700 number. There's also a trick to getting through into the queue. Call, if you hear a ringtone stay on the line. If you don't hear a ringtone hang up and try again. Might take 5 minutes to get into the queue and then once your in the queue you'll probably wait about an hour.

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

Yeah! Everytime I call I get the standard message like we r 2 busy 2 talk 2 u haha! I call at different times of the day and its still the same thing! And then the call automatically hangs up! I use the 603-334-0700 number! Should I call the other line? 603-334-0888?

I called 603-334-0888.

Here's what I followed which was helpful in getting my case number:

Step 1:  Obtaining Your Case Number

The average number of days it takes for a file to arrive at NVC after NOA2 used to be around 3 to 5 business days however currently it is taking around 50-60 days.   Click the following link to check update to date NOA2 to NVC timings and other users who are waiting, enter your data there aswell. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing 

Begin calling after 2 weeks. 

The best time to get through is after 6pm (EST) on weeknights.  They remain staffed until 10pm (EST).  The number is (603)-334-0700.

If the first thing you hear is a voice, it will be a recording with a message that says there's a large call volume and then (eventually) hangs up.  Continue to hang up and call again until the first thing you hear is a ring.

After this, you'll need to press two buttons:

1 for English or 2 for Spanish... and then 7 to ask a question.

Special Note:  When you first get into the loop, you can hit 1 (wait 1 second) and then 7 or 5 or - 2 no need to listen to the spiel in between numbers unless you have a burning desire to.

You could be on hold anywhere from a minute to an hour.  Hopefully the hour would be absolute worst case scenario- just don't plan to do this when you only have 5 minutes of time to spare!

When a CSR is ready to speak, you will hear their phone ring.  They will ask you for your case number. The number to give them is the USCIS number that you have been monitoring for the past few months, it should begin with WAC2017...

When you tell them your number they will put it into their system query.  Likely, on your first call, they will say that your file is not there yet, and then tell you that it can take many weeks to arrive.  If your file isn't there, thank them and tell them cheerfully that you will call again tomorrow.  

The mail only runs once per day, so multiple calls in a single day will only irritate them.  Call after 6pm.  If your file has arrived at NVC that day, it will be there.  If not, then call the next day after 6pm.

When you give them your case file and they ask you for additional information, it means that your file has arrived!!!  You must then tell them the petitioner's full name (that's yours) and birthdate, and the beneficiary's full name and birthdate.  This is their security check, so know this information before you call.

They will then tell you your Case File Number if it has been assigned. Sometimes it takes several days to have a case file assigned- sometimes it is assigned the same day. 

Your case number will have a 3-letter Prefix relative to your Beneficiary's Embassy City, followed by 2017, and then two 3-digit numbers.

(Fun fact:  The last three numbers are what order the cases were assigned that day.   For example, if your last three digits are 029, you were the 29th case assigned that day.)

This number will stay with your file for the rest of this journey.  Write it down!

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

Yeah i would suggest trying both  numbers. I would call everyday... and i found that at 730 EST (im in montreal, canada) I would get straight through most times to a person. I had more luck with the 0888 number. Good luck and keep calling. Its most certainly worth the wait to get your case number 

2 hours ago, Sdean04 said:

CEAC status changed to "In Transit" today.  No email from CEAC so far.

Yes Thank you I was not expecting an email from CEAC, I only mentioned that bc someone mentioned they got an email.  My case number was assigned a couple weeks ago and moved to intransit today.

Thanks

CEAC does not mail anything out you. Your waiting on the email from NVC with your case number.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 minutes ago, highkapoor said:

Received email from NVC a few minutes ago. 

Same, it included a PDF attachment with case number, receipt number, and other details on how to proceed.

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, soco said:

Same, it included a PDF attachment with case number, receipt number, and other details on how to proceed.

Yeah I got an email just now also 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Just checked the status on NVC and our petition has changed from at NVC to In Transit! So relieved we’re finally at this stage!

Congrats! We are also In Transit as of today.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Yeah I got an email just now also 

I see everyone getting the email, still waiting on mine. Went In Transit today also. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.