Kizzy2012

Marriage

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, missileman said:

I think he means that he will create a business and send her an invitation letter......strange...

This entire thread sounds like it's filled with deception.  There is no legitimate reason for a business visa.

Edited by gregcrs2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 minutes ago, missileman said:

Why?  Sounds like you are trying to "create" a business for the sole purpose of getting her into the country to marry you.........why can't she just apply for a Nigerian tourist visa?

To the OP:

you are trying to circumvent the visa requirements for Nigeria 

and that country is full of fake documents as seen in many online articles such as the following says

https://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/discomfort-over-nigerians-continuous-involvement-in-certificates-documents-forgery/

Don't try this / don't even think this

this will get you into trouble with US immigration later

and no one here will ever say it is ok as it is against the rules here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kizzy2012 said:

No...my uncle was gonna provide his business certificate and also an invitation letter from his company,it doesnt have to be a big or multinational company....as long as it is incorporated and functioning......i never said I'm creating a business......but  I'll just tell her to travel down .......seems she has to. 

Why?????????   Why can't she just get a tourist visa??????

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

8 minutes ago, Going through said:

Oh I hope this isn't the plan...CO's are very well-trained at putting 2 and 2 together.

Might open up a whole new can of worms.

That's not the plan.....i am not opening any business and she does not need to open a business in Nigeria....business visa does not actually mean having a business,it could be for business meeting, business event or something.....please get my intention,i only wanted to go that route cause she has to travel a long distance that would be stressful to her.

Edited by Kizzy2012

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kizzy2012 said:

That's not the plan.....i am not opening any business and she does not need to open a business in Nigeria....business visa isn't necessarily crating or having a business,it could be a business meeting, business event or something.....please get my intention,i only wanted to go that route cause she has to travel a long distance that would be stressful to her.

So, there would some lying and deception involved...........not a good idea........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kizzy2012 said:

No...my uncle was gonna provide his business certificate and also an invitation letter from his company,it doesnt have to be a big or multinational company....as long as it is incorporated and functioning......i never said I'm creating a business......but  I'll just tell her to travel down .......seems she has to. 

Very wrong

it has to be a business doing business with US customers

Not sure why you try to fake anything as you are planning to do

1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

Very wrong

it has to be a business doing business with US customers

Not sure why you try to fake anything as you are planning to do

Not planning to fake anything....using my uncles company and business certificate is not fake.....i brought the issue here to know if its right or wrong..... that's the advice i should get. 

Timeline

I am going to get into trouble now when i say this as i think this is a desperate person looking to do anything for a green card

and i can say nothing to help his issues as he seems to be willing to do anything and is making  several problems 

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

So, there would some lying and deception involved...........not a good idea........

Theres nothing like lying in this issue,i just feel its stressful for her to travel down there and thinking of other ways she we could take....and the documents i was intending to present are not fake,but i understand she would have to make the trip 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kizzy2012 said:

Not planning to fake anything....using my uncles company and business certificate is not fake.....i brought the issue here to know if its right or wrong..... that's the advice i should get. 

IT'S WRONG!!!!!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kizzy2012 said:

Here is some advice your you and your fiance:  Don't use a business visa to enter a country for marriage......don't marry on the first visit......make sure you REALLY know the other person before you commit to marriage....make sure you can financially afford to live in the United States.

Edited by missileman

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kizzy2012 said:

it is wrong

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So she can make the trip to Nigeria to get married and that isn't a problem, but going to Atlanta would be too stressful? Even if she weren't to drive, I'm sure flights aren't that expesnive (from FL to ATL, vs FL to Nigeria) or some form of public transit...? Doesn't add up

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

1. Get her a tourist visa, flight from Miami to Atlanta is around $250 for round trip if you buy her ticket ahead of time. So check for flight price range and make appointment for during the time flight is cheaper since 11 hours by road is hard for you guys.

2. Don't go the route of business visa to Nigeria and she will definitely  be harassed at the point of entry in Lagos which you know because Nigeria Immigration don't even like issuing visa at entry but I might wrong.

3. Don't get married on the first visit, at least use this trip for her to get to know your family and all.  

4. If the visa is the issue, I believe there are countries you both can meet that visa is not required and only stamp at the entry. 

Don't start your immigration journey on the wrong foot because no one is exactly sure of questions that US and Nigeria Immigration will ask in the future. 

Edited by Temi & Obim

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kizzy2012 said:

Theres nothing like lying in this issue,i just feel its stressful for her to travel down there and thinking of other ways she we could take....and the documents i was intending to present are not fake,but i understand she would have to make the trip

There is never a legitimate reason to misuse a visa. "Stress" included. Although the documents may be legit (ie issued by a real company albeit for an illegitimate purpose) you are misusing a business visa as the intention is for her to come marry not do any type of business. Therefore what you are doing is FRAUD!

Edited by designguy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.