pbid

RFE received for I-751 petition to remove conditions (AUG 2018 Filer)

25 posts in this topic

The reason why people receive RFE is not about how much different documents you send. It's mainly because the documents you send don't show a long time history in your marriage. 

If you send 1 year bank statements from a marriage that is supposed to be going on for 3 years already, you are not provided sufficient proof of good faith. 

How long have you been married?

Can you prove that you have committed to your marriage during all these years?

- 3 or more years of joint tax return 

- 3 or more years of joints documents and ownership including but not limited: joint lease, joint car title,  joint insurance,...etc

You can send them 100 different documents with your both names on it. But if all the contracts and transactions have been going on for less than a year,  the agent would not be convinced. 

My advice: send them documents that are showing that you've been committed to your marriage since the BEGINNING of it!!!!

For instance,  If your Costco membership was set up only 6 months or 1 year ago,  why did you waited that long to set it up? You've been living with your spouse for 3 and more years now.

Send them 2 to 3 years of Costco joint membership. Not just cards with both names on it.

If your joint bank account was open just recently or your bank statements show few transactions per month, that might be interpreted as a lack of joint expenses, lack of joint investment...

Send them 3 years of joint bank statements. 

Send them documents that are telling the story of your 3 years of marriage (children bith certificates if any are the most convincing, or 3 years of anything else). That's the main idea. Not thousands of documents just showing your both names. EVERYBODY CAN FRAUD DOCUMENTS WITH BOTH NAMES. IT'S SO EASY TO DO!!!

When you are sending your documents to a uscis agent,  imagine that you are telling him the story of your long term marriage. Not how many recent documents have your both names but how CONSISTENT your bills have been going on showing that you guys are a real couple, not faking it through baunch of inconsistent documents. 

3 to 5 five consistent documents showing duration of joint life investment are better than 100 documents with less history of joint life commitments

I only sent one bank statement for the whole time we were together, but I had tax returns, life insurance, etc. So I think they look at the totality of the package you send in. 

NOA1: May 18th, 2015
NOA2: November 30th, 2015
Scan Date: December 22nd, 2015
CC: Groundhog Day, 2016 (42 days)

Medical: February 18th, 2016
Interview: March 16th, 2016 - Approved

Issued: March 21st, 2016

Visa in Hand: March 24, 2016

POE: March 24th, 2016

Received Green Card: April 25th, 2016

Removal of Conditions Approved: August 27th, 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Malauriea said:

The reason why people receive RFE is not about how much different documents you send. It's mainly because the documents you send don't show a long time history in your marriage. 

If you send 1 year bank statements from a marriage that is supposed to be going on for 3 years already, you are not provided sufficient proof of good faith. 

- 3 or more years of joints documents and ownership including but not limited: joint lease, joint car title,  joint insurance,...etc

You can send them 100 different documents with your both names on it. But if all the contracts and transactions have been going on for less than a year,  the agent would not be convinced. 

My advice: send them documents that are showing that you've been committed to your marriage since the BEGINNING of it!!!!

For instance,  If your Costco membership was set up only 6 months or 1 year ago,  why did you waited that long to set it up? You've been living with your spouse for 3 and more years now.

Send them 2 to 3 years of Costco joint membership. Not just cards with both names on it.

If your joint bank account was open just recently or your bank statements show few transactions per month, that might be interpreted as a lack of joint expenses, lack of joint investment...

Send them documents that are telling the story of your 3 years of marriage (children bith certificates if any are the most convincing, or 3 years of anything else). That's the main idea. Not thousands of documents just showing your both names. EVERYBODY CAN FRAUD DOCUMENTS WITH BOTH NAMES. IT'S SO EASY TO DO!!!

When you are sending your documents to a uscis agent,  imagine that you are telling him the story of your long term marriage. Not how many recent documents have your both names but how CONSISTENT your bills have been going on showing that you guys are a real couple, not faking it through baunch of inconsistent documents. 

3 to 5 five consistent documents showing duration of joint life investment are better than 100 documents with less history of joint life commitments

Some of us were separated from our spouse for the 1st year during the CR-1 process.  Therefore, I sent all our joint bank statements from the time my wife arrived.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

12 minutes ago, missileman said:

Some of us were separated from our spouse for the 1st year during the CR-1 process.  Therefore, I sent all our joint bank statements from the time my wife arrived.......

Yes, you send documents SINCE the beginning of your life together. 

Many people usually think that after 2 years conditional green card,  they should not send the documents they already submitted when they were adjusting their status. 

So they make the mistake to send only all new documents after the adjustment of status. 

It's not the same application,  it's not the same officer. Otherwise,  they wouldn't request another biometric.  And, the new IO would want to review everything since the beginning, like you never been into immigration proceedings before. 

People who make that mistake get RFE or interview for the 2nd time. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Malauriea said:

These are all very valid points and here is my situation.

We opened a joint savings account with a credit union for the purpose of buying a home. And made a one time deposit with them 3 years ago when we were married, after which no transactions were made. We both maintain separate checking and savings accounts. Does it make sense to include them in my response?

I had provided combined Health, Life and car insurance which they seem to have lost. I'll be providing them again.

Here are the documents I'll be submitting to prove my 3 years of marriage

1. Individual bank statements (Checking and Savings) for 3 years.
  2. Joint credit card statement for 1 year (As the card is a year old) - with the bank letter showing my spouse as an authorized user
  3. Joint Health, Life and car insurance for 3 years.
  4. Joint Utility bill for 3 years.
  5. Costco Membership since the time of inception.
  6. Drivers license for both showing same address.
  7. Tax return for 2018 (They already acknowledged receiving tax returns for the previous 2 years).
  8. Marriage license and recent travels of 1 year should this be included?

What USCIS has confirmed receipt of

1. Lease.
  2. Bank Statement (one page with transactions)
  3. Tax Returns
  4. Photos, travel and affidavits

Please let me know what you think. Thank you for your help. Greatly appreciate it!

Edited by pbid

For credit cards where she is an authorized user, you should download a copy of her credit reports.  They will show her as authorized user, the bank or credit card company name, and the last few digits of the account number.  I also provided photo copies of the credit cards issued in her name, with the first few number blurred out but the last several numbers showing.  

On 8/26/2019 at 3:18 PM, Jaks said:

Same thing happened to me. I’m re st mutiny the documents they didn’t acknowledge on the RFE. Also sending in a bunch of other new things. I sent so many things and yet they said it wasn’t enough. Regarding the bank account, I sent 4 years worth of statements but most of it is my card being used because my wife lost hers and we both use mines... plus I do most of the financial things got the family... and they had an issue with that. So yeah. But I’m submitting everything else I can think of. Not taking any chances. 

The bank statements I have do not differentiate what card swiped what..? Are you telling me on your statement it tells you what user swiped it? Is this for a debit or credit? Mines debit. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2019 at 11:12 PM, PolarPear said:

The bank statements I have do not differentiate what card swiped what..? Are you telling me on your statement it tells you what user swiped it? Is this for a debit or credit? Mines debit. 

It Depends on the bank. My Amex Credit Cards differentiate the user. My debit card, and debit cards in general, don't. Some banks like Chase don't tell which user used the card, other cards like Amex, Barclays, and CapitalOne do. 

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys! 

So, today - May 1st, 2020,  I received the RFE letter. I wanted to share everything with you and see if you can help me with the preparation of the packet. I want to thank you in advance for your help. You guys are amazing!! 🏆

This is what I sent to USCIS on July 12, 2019. Vermont center. 

Evidence of our bona fide relationship:
• Copy of our Marriage Certificate
• Copies of our joint tax return for 2017 and 2018
• Copies of our tax transcripts for 2017 and 2018
• Copies of our W2's for 2017 and 2018 showing same address
• Copies of bank statements from our join bank account for the past 24 months
• Copy of our joint account debit cards
• Copy of our apartment renters insurance showing joint policy
• Copy of my spouse's life insurance policy showing my name as the beneficiary
• Copy of our original apartment rental contract showing joint cohabitation
• Copy of our renewed apartment rental contract showing joint cohabitation
• Notarized sworn affidavit letters of support from family and friends
• Letter from the Building Management Office confirming our tenancy and joint cohabitation
• Copies of electricity bills for the past 24 months showing joint account 
• Copy of our Costco joint membership
• Copies of checks that we have paid the apartment rent with from our joint bank account and the landlord's receipts.
• Copy of check that we have paid the IRS from our joint bank account
• Copies of medical records, phone bills, online orders, furniture deliveries, bank correspondence, IRS correspondence, Department of Motor Vehicles, USPS package deliveries, promotional materials and other showing same address
• Copy of an email from a real estate investor in regards to future investments addressed to both of us
• Copy of a reservation confirmation for a United Airlines client event that we attended in New York City showing both of our names
• Copies of Driver's Licence and State ID showing same address
• Copy of our airline tickets from our trip to Chicago, Illinois
• Copy of our hotel reservation confirmation letter in Chicago, Illinois
• Explanation to why we don’t have a joint health care insurance
• Explanation to why we don’t have a joint phone plan
• Pictures together from 2016 to 2019.

BELOW IS THE RFE LETTER. They are basically asking for the same things. I don't understand. Compared to other people that I know, who have gotten green cards, I think I have sent more than enough.

Unfortunately I don't have anything additional from what I sent 10 months ago. We don't have a kid, we don't have a car, we don't have a joint phone bill because his company pays for his bill and we don't have joint health insurance because we've been changing jobs frequently and we couldn't be on the same plan. 

Do you think if I send the same documents, but with new dates for the past 10 months it will be sufficient??? AWAITING FOR YOUR ADVICE :)) 

768858254_RFEnoticepage1-1.thumb.jpg.d6103cfbfbfdb7be297c468154f188a7.jpg

1257687137_RFEnoticepage2-2.thumb.jpg.279ca5df8b44ccead9707da251e84ada.jpg

On 8/26/2019 at 3:27 PM, pbid said:

Hi All,

I need help regarding the RFE I received recently for the application(I-751) I submitted in August 2018 to Remove conditions. They mentioned in the letter that the evidence provided is insufficient to prove a good faith marriage.

They go on to mention that they have received the following from me

1. Lease
  2. Joint Account Bank Statement (with one page of transactions)
  3. Tax returns.
  4. Photos, travel and affidavits

And they failed to acknowledge receipt of the following other documents I submitted

1. Health and life insurance which shows my name and my spouse's name.
  2. Joint Car insurance.
  3. Joint Costco membership card.
  4. Individual credit card statements.

As they have mentioned not to submit copies of documents previously submitted. Should I submit the other 4 again? Looks like they lost these documents.

Also, In addition to the above documents, I'm going to provide the following financial documents

1. 6 months of Joint Credit Card Statements (Shows only my name in the statement, but my spouse is on it as well).
  2. Individual, Bank Statements (Checking and Savings) for a duration of 2 years showing the same Home address.
  3. Shared Utility Bill (Car Parking) for a duration of 2 years showing both names.

Do I submit these documents the same way I submitted my application packet?

Thanks for reading! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did they approve you? How long did you wait after the rfe? THANK YOU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.