pbid

RFE received for I-751 petition to remove conditions (AUG 2018 Filer)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I need help regarding the RFE I received recently for the application(I-751) I submitted in August 2018 to Remove conditions. They mentioned in the letter that the evidence provided is insufficient to prove a good faith marriage.

They go on to mention that they have received the following from me

1. Lease
  2. Joint Account Bank Statement (with one page of transactions)
  3. Tax returns.
  4. Photos, travel and affidavits

And they failed to acknowledge receipt of the following other documents I submitted

1. Health and life insurance which shows my name and my spouse's name.
  2. Joint Car insurance.
  3. Joint Costco membership card.
  4. Individual credit card statements.

As they have mentioned not to submit copies of documents previously submitted. Should I submit the other 4 again? Looks like they lost these documents.

Also, In addition to the above documents, I'm going to provide the following financial documents

1. 6 months of Joint Credit Card Statements (Shows only my name in the statement, but my spouse is on it as well).
  2. Individual, Bank Statements (Checking and Savings) for a duration of 2 years showing the same Home address.
  3. Shared Utility Bill (Car Parking) for a duration of 2 years showing both names.

Do I submit these documents the same way I submitted my application packet?

Thanks for reading! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
8 minutes ago, pbid said:

Hi All,

I need help regarding the RFE I received recently for the application(I-751) I submitted in August 2018 to Remove conditions. They mentioned in the letter that the evidence provided is insufficient to prove a good faith marriage.

1. Lease
  3. Tax returns.

And they failed to acknowledge receipt of the following other documents I submitted

2. Joint Car insurance.

As they have mentioned not to submit copies of documents previously submitted. Should I submit the other 4 again? Looks like they lost these documents.

Also, In addition to the above documents, I'm going to provide the following financial documents

1. 6 months of Joint Credit Card Statements (Shows only my name in the statement, but my spouse is on it as well).
  2. Individual, Bank Statements (Checking and Savings) for a duration of 2 years showing the same Home address.
  3. Shared Utility Bill (Car Parking) for a duration of 2 years showing both names.

Do you included a checklists listed which documents you submitted with I-751. Also, do you separated your documents into different Exhibit for IO easy to see?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, H&T said:

Do you included a checklists listed which documents you submitted with I-751. Also, do you separated your documents into different Exhibit for IO easy to see?

Yes, I made 2 copies of the documents I submitted with the checklist and in the format which USCIS specified (https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips)

I have another question. They have asked to submit the RFE documents in a special mailing envelope they provided. I won't be able to fit the documents in that envelope.

From USCIS

• If you are resubmitting the packet in response to a Request for Evidence (RFE), please place the notice requesting the additional evidence/information on the top of the packet. Also, please use the special mailing envelope provided.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just send them what they ask for :

-Health and life insurance which shows my name and my spouse's name.

-Joint Car insurance.

-Joint Costco membership card.

-Individual credit card statements( why not add your spouse as a authorize user?).

- No driver license with same address?

- No join car loan ?

-

Timeline
3 minutes ago, H&T said:

Just send them what they ask for :

-Health and life insurance which shows my name and my spouse's name.

-Joint Car insurance.

-Joint Costco membership card.

-Individual credit card statements( why not add your spouse as a authorize user?).

- No driver license with same address?

- No join car loan ?

-

Thanks for the reply

-My Wife is added as an authorized user. I'll add a letter from the bank dictating her as an authorized user. But her name doesn't show up on the statements (Bank said can't do anything about that)

-That's a good point, I'll add copies of the drivers license which has the same address.

-No joint car loans as our cars were paid out before we got married.

Question still remains, how many months of statement should I add and how to submit those documents back to them.

48 minutes ago, pbid said:

Hi All,

1. Lease
  3. Tax returns.

2. Joint Car insurance.

Same thing happened to me. I’m re st mutiny the documents they didn’t acknowledge on the RFE. Also sending in a bunch of other new things. I sent so many things and yet they said it wasn’t enough. Regarding the bank account, I sent 4 years worth of statements but most of it is my card being used because my wife lost hers and we both use mines... plus I do most of the financial things got the family... and they had an issue with that. So yeah. But I’m submitting everything else I can think of. Not taking any chances. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jaks said:

Same thing happened to me. I’m re st mutiny the documents they didn’t acknowledge on the RFE. Also sending in a bunch of other new things. I sent so many things and yet they said it wasn’t enough. Regarding the bank account, I sent 4 years worth of statements but most of it is my card being used because my wife lost hers and we both use mines... plus I do most of the financial things got the family... and they had an issue with that. So yeah. But I’m submitting everything else I can think of. Not taking any chances. 

Makes sense to not take any chances, not sure what they need as they don't specify clearly. Also, how are you planning to re-submit the documents? Send it in the tiny envelope they sent?

1 hour ago, pbid said:

Makes sense to not take any chances, not sure what they need as they don't specify clearly. Also, how are you planning to re-submit the documents? Send it in the tiny envelope they sent?

It can’t fit... so I was gonna send it in a big envelope. But, I’m interested in seeing what other people are doing/ have done. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Jaks said:

It can’t fit... so I was gonna send it in a big envelope. But, I’m interested in seeing what other people are doing/ have done. 

Best to call and ask them. I'll call them and see what they say

On 8/26/2019 at 12:27 PM, pbid said:

Hi All,

1. Lease
  3. Tax returns.

2. Joint Car insurance.

Not sure if this will be a good idea, together with the documents you will be mailing you can also add the checklist from your original submittal and refer that you have submitted those documents so even if they have misplaced/lost them at least you are letting them know what you had already submitted and what additional documents you are submitting now. Hope this helps.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Believer001 said:

Not sure if this will be a good idea, together with the documents you will be mailing you can also add the checklist from your original submittal and refer that you have submitted those documents so even if they have misplaced/lost them at least you are letting them know what you had already submitted and what additional documents you are submitting now. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I include the checklist from my previous submission and also mention that in the cover letter that I write. They have to submit documents in the envelope they provided but that's not sufficient. I'm making a new packet with the new and  misplaced documents following the USCIS filing guideline and sending it to the address mentioned in the envelope.

Timeline

Just spoke to the USCIS Customer service agent. The agent said you can send your application packet for RFE in a separate envelope if the one provided is not sufficient to hold your documents. Address it to the address mentioned in the provided envelope from USCIS. 

@Jaks It would be best if you can call them as well and confirm

When you call them select the option to enter your case number and select talk to Agent

Phone options are: 1-1-2

5 hours ago, pbid said:

Just spoke to the USCIS Customer service agent. The agent said you can send your application packet for RFE in a separate envelope if the one provided is not sufficient to hold your documents. Address it to the address mentioned in the provided envelope from USCIS. 

@Jaks It would be best if you can call them as well and confirm

When you call them select the option to enter your case number and select talk to Agent

Phone options are: 1-1-2

Ok I will. Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You send bank statements from every month you've had the joint account. Every single page. For us, that was 6-8 pages of statements every month, for the 2,5 years we had been married at the time of filing for ROC. So yeah, A TON of papers. 

You don't have to use the tiny envelope. You use a bigger envelope where all your evidence fits and tape the smaller envelope to the front of the bigger envelope so the address etc shows.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.