848 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

9/3/2019 : Mailed ROC package overnight
9/4/2019 : Case Received!
9/9/2019 : Notice date (NOA1)
9/10/2019 : Check cashed by USCIS
9/13/2019 : NOA1 Received in the mail

I'm curious if anyone has been watching other recent months Biometrics timelines - in some cases it looks like people are booked for biometrics a month after filing, and others 6 months later. I'm planning a month - long road trip for mid-october which is hopefully either after biometrics or well before based on those timeslines! I'd hate to miss that appointment..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 9/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, vochoa8a said:

AND 36 MINUTES LATER, I GET THE TEXT MESSAGE THAT STATES THAT MY APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED AND MY CASE NUMBER. JUST WANTED TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE :)

Thank you!!!

Great, congratulations!  Did you submit G-1145 form to receive  case number, or what form?

TY.

Finished printing and assembling the packet today, all ready to mail on Monday!  All together, 105 pages and 19 oz.

Feels good to finally have it done.  It feels like it's out of our hands now and I can stop worrying :)

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jackfruit said:

Great, congratulations!  Did you submit G-1145 form to receive  case number, or what form?

TY.

I got it, it is  G-1145 form. 

Why everyone is sends their forms by FedEx? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jackfruit said:

Sent mine through usps postal service 

11 minutes ago, Jackfruit said:

FedEx Express Saver is pretty cheap and goes directly to the mailroom for the facility while postal goes to a Post Office Box that sometimes is not picked up right away or even sameday.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Charlene/Neale said:

I'm curious if anyone has been watching other recent months Biometrics timelines - in some cases it looks like people are booked for biometrics a month after filing, and others 6 months later. I'm planning a month - long road trip for mid-october which is hopefully either after biometrics or well before based on those timeslines! I'd hate to miss that appointment..

Sadly, you can't plan your life around the biometrics.  Timelines have varied from 2 weeks after submission to 5 months (like us) to 1 year (like many filers from a year ago).  Unfortunately, they don't give you a ton of time either once they send the notice.  I'd recommend having a friend or family keep an eye on your mail and dealing with any USCIS mail while you travel.  

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Let me remind folks, if you mail to USCIS never send it in a way that makes for difficult time to scan your entire application. Everything we send gets scanned and stored electronically and organizing a petition in a perfect lawyer laid out exhibit creates a lot of extra work.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/2/2019 at 10:50 AM, RS2016 said:

Starting a new thread for the September Folks!

I-751: https://www.uscis.gov/i-751

Earliest Filing Calculator: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

GC Expiration Date: 12/02/2019

Earliest Filing Date (per USCIS Website): 09/03/2019

I-751 Activity:

08/26/2019 Completed a Living Will and a Durable Power of Attorney (jointly) in the presence of two witnesses and a notary republic.

08/27/2019 Final touches were made to application.

08/28/2019  I-751 Package sent via FedEx Express Saver (Small Box from FedEx) delivery date of September 3rd.

Regrettably the package may be sent back for being sent too early, I was unaware this could be a problem before package was shipped.

20190902_124837.jpg

Is using the uscis filing calculator okay? My green card expires on Dec.6, 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
21 hours ago, Charlene/Neale said:

21 hours ago, Charlene/Neale said:

My NOA1 came  with an 18months extension. . Is this normal?

I forgot how nerve-wracking this whole

process is! I misread the notice reminding us to file the 751 and thought it said we could send it before the 90 day window. Ended up sending it usps priority and it was delivered on 9/7 (Saturday), which was exactly 90 days. Reading through the comments that doesn’t seem to be a problem, the only concern I have now is that we dated it in august because I completed the forms first and collected the evidence last so I don’t know if the date on the forms must reflect within the 90 days. I haven’t received a text notification (did send in the form) and they have not charged my card yet (used the credit card form) so we shall see!

I guess worst case scenario we’ll get the packet back and have to resign the forms. I’m assuming we can use the same evidence that we mailed. 

I also only sent in 3-4 bank statements for each of our bank accounts (1 checking, 1 savings, 1 business account). I spanned  the years but we have so many things joint that I figured if we get an interview because we didn’t provide enough bank statements then we would get an interview anyway.

We have a 6 month old, the deed to our house is in both names (not the mortgage because he didn’t have enough credit at the time we purchased it so it’s just in my name), both vehicle titles and one vehicle loan, business filed with the state shows us both as owners, 3 utility bills, 3 credit cards, our iCloud shared family, cell phones, and he’s the beneficiary on my employer life insurance and 401k. I also put together a 16 page photo “journey” in chronological order from when we started dating until August, with dates and names of all people, including our marriage in a park and our ceremony the next year in Turkey; our pregnancy and birth stories and color scans of anniversary/birthday/valentines cards and social media posts! 

Sorry for the long rant.. I’m anxious to get some kind of a notice!

I forgot about our insurance (home/auto and health) and 2 years joint tax returns. I feel like I should just send an invitation to our house to have some Turkish tea at this point! 😂

Timeline
19 hours ago, RS2016 said:

FedEx Express Saver is pretty cheap and goes directly to the mailroom for the facility while postal goes to a Post Office Box that sometimes is not picked up right away or even sameday.

TY!

Did you know, guys ??  " On Sept. 10, USCIS changed the filing location for Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. This form was previously filed at the California and Vermont Service Centers. Now, petitioners must send Form I-751 to a USCIS Lockbox facility. "    

So, what is that means ? And where should I send mine if I'm in IL ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.