Hawksquill

I-751 September 2019 filers (merged)

848 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Walbrzyszanka221 said:

Or it will say that the fingerprints were processed. 

Interesting!  My husband had his biometrics taken back in October and it just says "fingerprints were taken," not that they were processed. 

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Well with USCIS, you can't expect a standard process. Right now, I think for many of us, all we can do is wait.

9/4/2019 - Packet was sent
9/6/2019 - Packet was received by USCIS in Phoenix, Arizona
9/11/2019 - Personal Check was deposited/cashed by USCIS
9/11/2019 - Received text message with my LIN case #
9/14/2019 - Received Receipt and Extension
1/10/2020 (Day 126) - Received Biometrics Letter
1/23/2020 (Day 139) - Biometrics Completed

2/8/2020  - Separated from Husband

8/11/2020 - Divorce was Finalized

9/10/2020 - New Card is Being Produced

9/14/2020 - New Card was Mailed

9/15/2020 - Post Office Picked Up the Card

9/16/2020 - Card Delivered

8/21/2022 - N-400 Form was Submitted and Case is Being Actively Reviewed

10/21/2022 - Interview scheduled

12/1/2022 - Interview and approved

12/1/2022 - Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled (30-45 days)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/5/2020 at 9:34 AM, J/G said:

Hey, 

I'm assuming that no September filer, whose documents are being processed in California office, have received any update at this point? 

Thank you.

J/G

Haven’t heard about it yet from anyone from California service center

Hey everyone! We applied in September and got my fingerprints taken October 16th. Since then USCIS case shows all fingerprints were taken. My question is - if they decide to send RFE will it show in case status? I am asking coz we changes our address not long time ago, I did notify USCIS but just want to make sure that if they send us RFE it will show somewhere.

Thank you and hope for all of us to get thru this waiting game easy with as least stress as possible ( right lol)

3 hours ago, ToniNiki said:

Hey everyone! We applied in September and got my fingerprints taken October 16th. Since then USCIS case shows all fingerprints were taken. My question is - if they decide to send RFE will it show in case status? I am asking coz we changes our address not long time ago, I did notify USCIS but just want to make sure that if they send us RFE it will show somewhere.

Thank you and hope for all of us to get thru this waiting game easy with as least stress as possible ( right lol)

It will show in your case status and you will receive letter about that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Joining the group - I filed Removal of Conditions in September and after receiving the NOA in acknowledgement that I filed I haven't heard anything else, no biometrics or otherwise. My case is processing through the California Service center (WAC) and it sounds like others are in the same boat. The silence is nerve-wracking!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Charlene/Neale said:

Joining the group - I filed Removal of Conditions in September and after receiving the NOA in acknowledgement that I filed I haven't heard anything else, no biometrics or otherwise. My case is processing through the California Service center (WAC) and it sounds like others are in the same boat. The silence is nerve-wracking!

I file Dec and still no updates with biometric 

Just checking in to say that we traveled internationally for the first time after my husband's green card expired in December.   Absolutely no problems presenting the letter with the green card at JFK.  We did have to give the letter when checking in for our flight at the airport, which surprised us.  

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

No updates. My status did not change even after my biometrics. 

9/4/2019 - Packet was sent
9/6/2019 - Packet was received by USCIS in Phoenix, Arizona
9/11/2019 - Personal Check was deposited/cashed by USCIS
9/11/2019 - Received text message with my LIN case #
9/14/2019 - Received Receipt and Extension
1/10/2020 (Day 126) - Received Biometrics Letter
1/23/2020 (Day 139) - Biometrics Completed

2/8/2020  - Separated from Husband

8/11/2020 - Divorce was Finalized

9/10/2020 - New Card is Being Produced

9/14/2020 - New Card was Mailed

9/15/2020 - Post Office Picked Up the Card

9/16/2020 - Card Delivered

8/21/2022 - N-400 Form was Submitted and Case is Being Actively Reviewed

10/21/2022 - Interview scheduled

12/1/2022 - Interview and approved

12/1/2022 - Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled (30-45 days)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/20/2020 at 5:29 PM, Hawksquill said:

Just checking in to say that we traveled internationally for the first time after my husband's green card expired in December.   Absolutely no problems presenting the letter with the green card at JFK.  We did have to give the letter when checking in for our flight at the airport, which surprised us.  

I've had issues crossing the border on 2 occasions since this past July -- one was with a border agent who, according to my immigration lawyer utilized "entrapment" to try to get me to misspeak as she questioned me on why I hadn't yet filed for my ROC even though my card had yet to expire and I still had time to do so, and the 2nd time was with another border agent who didn't understand why I had been able to file for ROC despite going through a divorce; "You aren't supposed to be allowed to do that."

Always choose your words wisely, be honest, and be educated on your case and your rights!

Everyone might have gotten this email, for those who did not 

"

Effective March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is suspending in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices and Application Support Centers (ASCs) to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This suspension of services will be effective until at least April 1. In the meantime, USCIS will provide limited emergency services. Please call the Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.

USCIS field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by this closure. USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location of the interview. When USCIS again resumes normal operations, USCIS will automatically reschedule ASC appointments due to the office closure. You will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Individuals who had InfoPass or other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public again. Please check to see if your field office has been reopened before reaching out to the USCIS Contact Center.   

Education and precautions are the strongest tools against infection. Get the latest facts by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 website. Continue to practice good health habits, refrain from handshakes or hugs as greetings, and wash hands and clean surfaces appropriately.

USCIS will provide further updates as the situation develops and will continue to follow CDC guidance. Please also visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for updates"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Waiting4end said:

Everyone might have gotten this email, for those who did not 

"

Effective March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is suspending in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices and Application Support Centers (ASCs) to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This suspension of services will be effective until at least April 1. In the meantime, USCIS will provide limited emergency services. Please call the Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.

USCIS field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by this closure. USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location of the interview. When USCIS again resumes normal operations, USCIS will automatically reschedule ASC appointments due to the office closure. You will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Individuals who had InfoPass or other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public again. Please check to see if your field office has been reopened before reaching out to the USCIS Contact Center.   

Education and precautions are the strongest tools against infection. Get the latest facts by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 website. Continue to practice good health habits, refrain from handshakes or hugs as greetings, and wash hands and clean surfaces appropriately.

USCIS will provide further updates as the situation develops and will continue to follow CDC guidance. Please also visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for updates"

was this an email or you happen to check USCIS website and read about this update? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.