Mayi & MiMi

Student wanting to visit the IS

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello. 

I have a friend who is who is a student in Morocco who has a friend who is willing to sponsor him for a visit here in the US. What documents are needed and what are his and his sponsors requirements. 

Thank you in advance

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No such thing as sponsoring a tourist visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

for a tourist visa just about impossible for the following reasons:

1   must apply for himself

2   must show owns property in morocco

3.  must show he has a job to return to

4   must show he has the funds to pay for the trip

5   must show he will return to morocco 

strong ties to morocco to see the person will return is the only way a tourist visa is granted in Morocco

As others noted, there's no sponsorship for a US tourist visa.

No documents required.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you everyone. 

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

strong ties to morocco to see the person will return is the only way a tourist visa is granted in Morocco

He does not have to do 2, 3 or 4; so “must” is incorrect; but it is very, very difficult to show number 5 without at least a couple of those. He can try with some kind of confirmation from his university of continued registration, it may or may not help. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

He does not have to do 2, 3 or 4; so “must” is incorrect; but it is very, very difficult to show number 5 without at least a couple of those. He can try with some kind of confirmation from his university of continued registration, it may or may not help. 

He is just wanting to visit not a student visa

and in Morocco he will need to prove all those to get a tourist visa

it is the way casa works

37 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

He is just wanting to visit not a student visa

and in Morocco he will need to prove all those to get a tourist visa

it is the way casa works

But he is a current student, and evidence that he intends to continue studying back home can include said registration.

I disagree that one must show all of the above....I am certain individuals are approved who rent an apartment, and even some who are approved without a job. It may not be the norm (it's not a good sign anywhere), but I would be shocked if nobody in those positions got approved.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

But he is a current student, and eviandence that he intends to continue studying back home can include said registration.

I disagree that one must show all of the above....I am certain individuals are approved who rent an apartment, and even some who are approved without a job. It may not be the norm (it's not a good sign anywhere), but I would be shocked if nobody in those positions got approved.

but this is morocco

we have been thru this with others applying for a tourist visa / a young person with no income and no property and no finances for the trip will not be approved /  it is automacially assumed they have no reason to return 

Student?   high school or college?  they are in session now so school must not be that important

who is the person who wants to pay for this?  gf or bf?

usually the case

i am negative ,  yes , after dealing with the Casa embassy for so many years

in June they approved 903 tourist visas but these are older family who want to visit their sons and daughters

young people do not get approved a tourist visa

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

but this is morocco

we have been thru this with others applying for a tourist visa / a young person with no income and no property and no finances for the trip will not be approved /  it is automacially assumed they have no reason to return 

Student?   high school or college?  they are in session now so school must not be that important

who is the person who wants to pay for this?  gf or bf?

usually the case

i am negative ,  yes , after dealing with the Casa embassy for so many years

in June they approved 903 tourist visas but these are older family who want to visit their sons and daughters

young people do not get approved a tourist visa

Yeah that’s probably true of students anywhere that it’s very difficult, fact remains it is factually incorrect for you to list a number of things saying they must be shown for tourist visa approval, unless you can point us to a page on the us embassy in Morocco website that lists that?

do you have a list of names and ages of visa approvals to back up your assertion? Again I don’t doubt it’s probably mostly true because it would be anywhere, but you keep stating things as absolute fact that you cannot possibly be authoritative about 

And how do you know the person wants to travel right now while school is in session? It’s entirely possible that they are planning a few months ahead, as you should get the visa before booking a flight and it’s usually cheaper to book flights in advance, etc. you can’t say you understand what it is in someone’s head as well lol

the short version is I agree the student is not likely to be approved but that doesn’t mean you can state things as fact when they are not.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
17 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Yeah they're increasingly harder to get these days. Before my fiance was my fiance, she tried 2 times to get a tourist visa to come see me in the U.S. and was denied each time. She had all the invite letters, proof of her job, she didn't own property, but most people in Turkey rent their apartments anyway. And yeah she was just flat out denied. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

Hello. 

I have a friend who is who is a student in Morocco who has a friend who is willing to sponsor him for a visit here in the US. What documents are needed and what are his and his sponsors requirements. 

Thank you in advance

There's no sponsorship for a B2 visa. The applicant must fill out the DS160, pay fee, schedule the interview and appear at the interview. That's it. NO paperwork from sponsor required. The interviewing officer DOES NOT care about that.  The applicant will be approved or denied based on what's on the DS160 and his/her answers during the interview. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.