mogiftney

Oh boy. Social media questions.

35 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, mogiftney said:

Really? Us being apart for years upon years so that she can meet the income requirement in her home country so that I can marry her there, go through that long visa process, and then go through the double long spousal visa process here is worse than me putting my foot down on an important matter in our relationship over social media when we’re already halfway through this process and paid money towards this process? Whatever you say, relationship guru!

You could probably broach the issue and let HER make the decision on what is more important to her, just a thought. If her art is her pride and joy as you described, it very well just might be something she won’t want to give up. And demanding her to do so is, not great. 

There are ways around this, even if it is an issue, is all I’m saying. A spousal visa is one of them. There are avenues you can take that won’t force your partner to have to give up her passion over a silly bit sweet gesture she originally did for YOU.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Just something no one has mentioned, but you should both keep in mind: she won't be able to work once she enters the US.

So she can do her stuff at home, but should stop selling it until she gets the green card or work authorization -whatever happens first-.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
13 minutes ago, MorganandMichael said:

You could probably broach the issue and let HER make the decision on what is more important to her, just a thought. If her art is her pride and joy as you described, it very well just might be something she won’t want to give up. And demanding her to do so is, not great. 

There are ways around this, even if it is an issue, is all I’m saying. A spousal visa is one of them. There are avenues you can take that won’t force your partner to have to give up her passion over a silly bit sweet gesture she originally did for YOU.

You’re funny. Pay for my travel fees to and home from England so that we can get denied for not meeting the English marriage rules like I’ve previously described in this exact thread if it’s that easy. If it works, I’ll pay you back. 

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Just something no one has mentioned, but you should both keep in mind: she won't be able to work once she enters the US.

So she can do her stuff at home, but should stop selling it until she gets the green card or work authorization -whatever happens first-.

Oh yeah we know this, she just wants to make some more money before she arrives. 

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

1 hour ago, mogiftney said:

You’re funny. Pay for my travel fees to and home from England so that we can get denied for not meeting the English marriage rules like I’ve previously described in this exact thread if it’s that easy. If it works, I’ll pay you back. 

Why does the marriage have to be in England? It can be in the US, England, or anywhere else.

Deleting the accounts won't serve any good, as others noted. Options are to either proceed with the K-1, list them on the DS-160, and hope it's not an issue OR withdraw the I-129F, marry, and start a CR-1.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

5 hours ago, mogiftney said:

Why exactly do you need to get married in England? You’re profile says you are from CA. That’s a state away from Vegas, just get married there quickly if the expense is such and issue. 

Spousal Visa is cheaper, btw. Since finances are apparently a concern of yours.

K-1 Visa~
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

AOS ~

ROC~

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

Timeline
2 hours ago, MorganandMichael said:

Why exactly do you need to get married in England? You’re profile says you are from CA. That’s a state away from Vegas, just get married there quickly if the expense is such and issue. 

Spousal Visa is cheaper, btw. Since finances are apparently a concern of yours.

Finances should be a concern for everyone. It’s sensible to want to save your money when you can. My fiancée isn’t allowed into the country at the moment because she has had two previous visa denials. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, geowrian said:

Why does the marriage have to be in England? It can be in the US, England, or anywhere else.

Deleting the accounts won't serve any good, as others noted. Options are to either proceed with the K-1, list them on the DS-160, and hope it's not an issue OR withdraw the I-129F, marry, and start a CR-1.

It can’t be in the us, it can’t be in England, she’s had previous visa denials in America so she most likely won’t be allowed to visit Canada either because they share info, as do they share info with practically every other first world country, and it’s not in my best interests to visit a less developed country with my lesbian fiancée to marry her. If it counts, have decided to put it on the form anyway as we have determined people are being a bit dramatic. London in a low fraud embassy. Her native language is English. We have spent oodles of time together in person, with each other’s families with proof. There’s no other indication that we are currently married. It truly was something she chose to be cutesy with me. I introduced her to reddit, she wanted her username to match mine and thought that was a cute choice. I don’t think it’s that big of an issue after sleeping on it. I think the reason others have been denied for showing wedding-like photographs or calling each other hubby and wifey is because they were from high fraud countries/had other indications that they were already married, and we don’t, and they will see that when they look all the way back on our social media profiles and find posts where we reference each other as “girlfriend” or “fiancée”. We’ve been approved pretty quickly without an RFE. There’s not really any red flags in our case. A username where she matches my last that she made when she was 18 is pretty explainable... it’s not like we were in our 40s and knew any better at that point.

I assumed the form said “any accounts you currently use” when I made this post, if it says have ever used, we’re just going to list it anyway as we don’t want to be dishonest... there’s no point when we have nothing to hide, and I’m pretty sure they’re smart enough to see who is and isn’t trying to pull a fast one. 

Edited by mogiftney

7 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

It can’t be in the us, it can’t be in England, she’s had previous visa denials in America so she most likely won’t be allowed to visit Canada either because they share info, as do they share info with practically every other first world country, and it’s not in my best interests to visit a less developed country with my lesbian fiancée to marry her. 

What were the reasons for the denials?

Btw, I know it isn't in your plan, but you would not have to get married in a "less developed" country as an alternative to UK/US.  Many here have done just that in Denmark or Iceland.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Btw, I know it isn't in your plan, but you would not have to get married in a "less developed" country as an alternative to UK/US.  Many here have done just that in Denmark or Iceland.

Not enough ties to home country for tourist visa because I live in America and she was gonna stay with me, and a student visa denial because she had been denied the tourist visa because of me and they said there’s evidence that she’s gonna use the visa for other purposes, which was bs because she was all set and excited to study here. 

Edited by mogiftney

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I suppose so, but I’d like to avoid that if possible. We don’t know anyone there and traveling to a new place alone with nobody you know around is scary. It’s also expensive, and it would be veering off of this track we’ve already dedicated our time and energy to. I understand that the spousal visa is great and all and people seem to be super hungry for it, but y’all realize it’s shitty advice to ask someone to withdraw their petition midway through the process for practically no good reason, right? This shouldn’t be a big deal. We aren’t actually married, and it was made to show her love for me. Good enough answer. If they don’t like it, then I guess they don’t like the truth, nothing I can do to change that. And they can tell when someone is telling the truth. 

2 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

I suppose so, but I’d like to avoid that if possible. We don’t know anyone there and traveling to a new place alone with nobody you know around is scary. It’s also expensive, and it would be veering off of this track we’ve already dedicated our time and energy to. I understand that the spousal visa is great and all and people seem to be super hungry for it, but y’all realize it’s shitty advice to ask someone to withdraw their petition midway through the process for practically no good reason, right? This shouldn’t be a big deal. We aren’t actually married, and it was made to show her love for me. Good enough answer. If they don’t like it, then I guess they don’t like the truth, nothing I can do to change that. And they can tell when someone is telling the truth. 

If I'm remembering your case correctly, were you not living with her in England?  Did you consider filing for DCF back then?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

If I'm remembering your case correctly, were you not living with her in England?  Did you consider filing for DCF back then?

Yes... I wouldn’t call it LIVING, I was staying with her. But again, we don’t meet the English guidelines for marrying in England as a non citizen. 

Edited by mogiftney

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

IThis shouldn’t be a big deal. We aren’t actually married, and it was made to show her love for me. Good enough answer. If they don’t like it, then I guess they don’t like the truth, nothing I can do to change that. And they can tell when someone is telling the truth. 

My guess is they don't even notice it and it doesn't even come up.  I don't get the feeling the consular officers spend more than 2-3 minutes reading everything over before calling someone up to the window for an interview. And their primary focus will be on the evidence of relationship package you submit and the I-134 stuff, which is where people traditionally run into problems.   They're not gonna be on the lookout for a social media name that matches the fiancee's name, because that's not a common "Gotcha."

The spousal visa was a suggestion (on my part at least) in the worst case scenario of the K-1 not working out. Sorry if that advice doesn’t fit your desires.

In reality it may not even be an issue. Just be upfront and don’t lie about it. Im just one of those people who think it’s wise to hope for the best but still prepare for the worst. Good luck. 

Edited by MorganandMichael

K-1 Visa~
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

AOS ~

ROC~

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.