Luu

Sending in I-129F packet -- is this okay?

67 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm about to send in my I-129F packet but I don't want any issues. I am living overseas in the beneficiary's country so it'd be harder for me to send in missing documents quickly.

I have some questions based on other posts but every time I try to reply asking about other situations someone kills the thread so I'm asking everything here. 

Firstly, questions on RFE's:

1. "USC passport not all pages" -- Didn't this change? I read somewhere that it's just the pages with stamps now. Is that right?

I know I don't need to send this in but just in case there is a problem with my birth certificate I was thinking about sending this too. 

2. "beneficiary's birth certificate not translated" -- WHEN do you send in their birth certificate? It's not listed for the I-129F. 

3. I see "request for additional financial info" but I thought no financial information had to be sent with I-129F. Am I wrong there?

4. (I have a JOINT SPONSOR). I think I have to send in an I-864 and I-864A at some point but I'm super unclear as to when or where I start sending financial documentation such as these forms.

Which affidavit is the right one (I-864/864a or i-134) and when and where do you send it? 

I read that you send i864 to NVC but not i864a but when I called NVC they said if you send it to them they just send it back to you. Do you send it with your i129F packet? I don't make enough so I need i864a. I read that i864 has a fee of 120 dollars to file with the DOS but it's free to file abroad. Is that true? Honestly any information on i864/i864a would be helpful. 

5. My mom is the joint sponsor. I'm not working. My mom is retired. We're basing our petition on assets.

I have savings. My mom has real estate (the house she lives in -- where we will also be living).

Can that house help us to be approved as far as finances go?

(Someone on another forum said it can't be a house where you live, but I haven't read anything on that anywhere else online. Just that one post). 

6. g-325A -- is this form still needed with the i-129F or do you file it later?

If it is needed, do you need to attach an additional passport photo for it?

7. "problems with letters of intent" -- What kind of problems do people have with letters of intent?

Are they too long, too short? Does it need to be notarized or can it just be signed?

Is it okay to have the story of how you met and how you feel about each other in this letter or should it be only "yes - marry X within 90 days" 

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Secondly, this is what I'm sending. Am I missing anything?

Tab 1 - Payment in the amount of $ 535 to cover the filing fee. (Form

G-1450 for Credit Card Transaction)

Tab 2 - Cover letter / Table of Contents

Tab 3 - Form G-1145 (eNotification of Application/Petition Acceptance)

• Form I-129F
  • I-129F Supplement pages

Tab 4 - I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 54, explanation of meeting in person

Tab 5 - U.S. Birth certificate (Petitioner)

Tab 6 - Passport sized photo of Petitioner

• Passport sized photo of Beneficiary

Tab 7- Form I-94 arrival/departure record

INTENT TO MARRY SECTION

Tab 8 - Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Beneficiary)

INTENT TO MARRY - EVIDENCE

Tab 9 - Proposal Picture

Tab 10 - Engagement Party in New York (October 2018)

• Facebook Event Page
  • Photos from party

Tab 11 - Engagement Photos taken in Turkey (April 2019)

Tab 12  - Photos from Engagement Ceremony in Turkey (April 2019)

IN PERSON MEETING - EVIDENCE SECTION

Tab 13 - Plane tickets &/or itineraries

Petitioner - First trip to Beneficiary’s country (July 2017)

• Petitioner - Second trip to Beneficiary’s country (October 2017)
  • Petitioner - Trip to home country (June 2018)
  • Beneficiary - Trip to Petitioner’s country (June 2018)
  • Petitioner - Third trip to Beneficiary’s country (April 2019)
    • Accompanying e-visa

Tab 14  - Bus Tickets

• Eastern Bus tickets New York to Baltimore (October 2018)
  • Eastern Bus tickets Baltimore to New York (October 2018)

Tab 15  - Passport Pages and Stamps (from when we met or visited each other)

• Petitioner’s Passport
    • Passport Biographical Page
    • Stamps for entering (June 2017) & leaving (July 2017) EU
    • Stamps for entering (July 2017) & leaving (July 2017) Turkey
    • Stamps for entering (October 2017) & leaving (June 2018) Turkey
    • Stamp for entering Turkey (April 2019)

• Beneficiary’s Passport
    • Passport Biographical Page (old passport)
    • Stamps for entering (February 2017) & leaving (June 2017) EU
    • Passport Biographical Page (new passport)
    • Stamp for leaving Turkey (June 2018)
    • USA J-1 Visa & stamp for entering USA (June 2018)
    • Stamp from entering Turkey (October 2018)

Tab 16 - Turkish Residence Permits for Petitioner from when Petitioner was living with Beneficiary and his family in Turkey (2018/2019 & 2019/2020)

Tab 17 - Hostel Receipts for MOSAIC HOSTEL in Prague, CZ (June 2017)

Receipt for Petitioner

• Receipt for Beneficiary

If needed:

ONGOING RELATIONSHIP - EVIDENCE SECTION

Tab 18 - Letters to/from Petitioner to/from Beneficiary

Tab 19  - E-mails to/from Petitioner to/from Beneficiary

Tab 20  - Gifts to/from Petitioner to/from Beneficiary

Tab 21  - PHOTOS from Trips Together

Tab 22  - PHOTOS with Petitioner’s Family

Tab 23  - PHOTOS with Beneficiary’s Family & Friends

Tab 24 - WhatsApp Chat

• Screenshot of WhatsApp first contact (June 2017)
  • Excerpts from each month of WhatsApp Chat

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Tab 25  - G-325A Form

• For Petitioner
  • For Beneficiary

------------

In my evidence of in person meeting section, I have a list of all the above evidence in a document called "Evidence of In-Person Meeting in the last 2 years & Ongoing Relationship" with a Timeline of our relationship put into chart form for easy reading.

Is that everything? Am I missing something important or major or something that will help our case? I tried to address all possible RFE's with this I-129F packet.

Please advise.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, SmilingDuck said:

I'm about to send in my I-129F packet but I don't want any issues. I am living overseas in the beneficiary's country so it'd be harder for me to send in missing documents quickly.

I have some questions based on other posts but every time I try to reply asking about other situations someone kills the thread so I'm asking everything here. 

Firstly, questions on RFE's:

1. "USC passport not all pages" -- Didn't this change? I read somewhere that it's just the pages with stamps now. Is that right?

I know I don't need to send this in but just in case there is a problem with my birth certificate I was thinking about sending this too.   YOU ONLY NEED TO SEND A COPY OF THE PASSPORT IF YOU ARE USING IT TO PROVE U.S. CITIZENSHIP.     OR IF YOU ARE USING PASSPORT STAMPS TO PROVE YOU AND YOUR FIANCE HAVE MET IN PERSON WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS.  EVEN THEN ONLY THE NECESSARY PAGES (BIO page  and STAMP pages)

2. "beneficiary's birth certificate not translated" -- WHEN do you send in their birth certificate? It's not listed for the I-129F.    IF IT ISN'T LISTED FOR THE I-129F .. DON'T SEND IT.

3. I see "request for additional financial info" but I thought no financial information had to be sent with I-129F. Am I wrong there?   CORRECT ... THAT IS FOR LATER AT THE EMBASSY

4. (I have a JOINT SPONSOR). I think I have to send in an I-864 and I-864A at some point but I'm super unclear as to when or where I start sending financial documentation such as these forms.

Which affidavit is the right one (I-864/864a or i-134) and when and where do you send it?   NOT WITH THE I-129F  AND NOT THE I-864 ... FOR K-1 IT IS THE i-134

I read that you send i864 to NVC but not i864a but when I called NVC they said if you send it to them they just send it back to you. Do you send it with your i129F packet? I don't make enough so I need i864a. I read that i864 has a fee of 120 dollars to file with the DOS but it's free to file abroad. Is that true? Honestly any information on i864/i864a would be helpful.   NO YOU DO NOT SEND FINANCIAL INFO WITH I-129F.

5. My mom is the joint sponsor. I'm not working. My mom is retired. We're basing our petition on assets.

I have savings. My mom has real estate (the house she lives in -- where we will also be living).

Can that house help us to be approved as far as finances go?

(Someone on another forum said it can't be a house where you live, but I haven't read anything on that anywhere else online. Just that one post). SEE ABOVE 

6. g-325A -- is this form still needed with the i-129F or do you file it later?   NEVER USED

If it is needed, do you need to attach an additional passport photo for it?

7. "problems with letters of intent" -- What kind of problems do people have with letters of intent?

Are they too long, too short? Does it need to be notarized or can it just be signed?

Is it okay to have the story of how you met and how you feel about each other in this letter or should it be only "yes - marry X within 90 days"    LETTER OF INTENT TO MARRY SHOULD BE SHORT AND TO THE POINT.  

You really need to read the I-129F instructions, more than once and S-L-O-W-L-Y.     Answers are there, if you read the instructions.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf?download=1

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You really need to read the I-129F instructions, more than once and S-L-O-W-L-Y.     Answers are there, if you read the instructions.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf?download=1

I read the form instructions many times.

I thought I had everything but then I'm reading posts on here about all the RFE's people have gotten and now I'm not sure if I have everything. 

event.png

event.png

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SmilingDuck said:

Secondly, this is what I'm sending. Am I missing anything?

Tab 1 - Payment in the amount of $ 535 to cover the filing fee. (Form

G-1450 for Credit Card Transaction)

Tab 2 - Cover letter / Table of Contents

Tab 3 - Form G-1145 (eNotification of Application/Petition Acceptance)

• Form I-129F
  • I-129F Supplement pages

Tab 4 - I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 54, explanation of meeting in person

Tab 5 - U.S. Birth certificate (Petitioner)

Tab 6 - Passport sized photo of Petitioner

• Passport sized photo of Beneficiary

Tab 7- Form I-94 arrival/departure record

INTENT TO MARRY SECTION

Tab 8 - Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Beneficiary)

INTENT TO MARRY - EVIDENCE          A   LETTER ONLY !!

Tab 9 - Proposal Picture 

Tab 10 - Engagement Party in New York (October 2018)

• Facebook Event Page
  • Photos from party

Tab 11 - Engagement Photos taken in Turkey (April 2019)

Tab 12  - Photos from Engagement Ceremony in Turkey (April 2019)

IN PERSON MEETING - EVIDENCE SECTION       

Tab 13 - Plane tickets &/or itineraries

Petitioner - First trip to Beneficiary’s country (July 2017)

• Petitioner - Second trip to Beneficiary’s country (October 2017)
  • Petitioner - Trip to home country (June 2018)
  • Beneficiary - Trip to Petitioner’s country (June 2018)
  • Petitioner - Third trip to Beneficiary’s country (April 2019)
    • Accompanying e-visa

Tab 14  - Bus Tickets

• Eastern Bus tickets New York to Baltimore (October 2018)
  • Eastern Bus tickets Baltimore to New York (October 2018)

Tab 15  - Passport Pages and Stamps (from when we met or visited each other)

• Petitioner’s Passport
    • Passport Biographical Page
    • Stamps for entering (June 2017) & leaving (July 2017) EU
    • Stamps for entering (July 2017) & leaving (July 2017) Turkey
    • Stamps for entering (October 2017) & leaving (June 2018) Turkey
    • Stamp for entering Turkey (April 2019)

• Beneficiary’s Passport
    • Passport Biographical Page (old passport)
    • Stamps for entering (February 2017) & leaving (June 2017) EU
    • Passport Biographical Page (new passport)
    • Stamp for leaving Turkey (June 2018)
    • USA J-1 Visa & stamp for entering USA (June 2018)
    • Stamp from entering Turkey (October 2018)

Tab 16 - Turkish Residence Permits for Petitioner from when Petitioner was living with Beneficiary and his family in Turkey (2018/2019 & 2019/2020)

Tab 17 - Hostel Receipts for MOSAIC HOSTEL in Prague, CZ (June 2017)

Receipt for Petitioner

• Receipt for Beneficiary

If needed:

ONGOING RELATIONSHIP - EVIDENCE SECTION     ONLY NEED EVIDENCE OF HAVING MET IN PERSON WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS .. N-O-T RELATIONSHIP EVIDENCE!

Tab 18 - Letters to/from Petitioner to/from Beneficiary

Tab 19  - E-mails to/from Petitioner to/from Beneficiary

Tab 20  - Gifts to/from Petitioner to/from Beneficiary

Tab 21  - PHOTOS from Trips Together

Tab 22  - PHOTOS with Petitioner’s Family

Tab 23  - PHOTOS with Beneficiary’s Family & Friends

Tab 24 - WhatsApp Chat

• Screenshot of WhatsApp first contact (June 2017)
  • Excerpts from each month of WhatsApp Chat

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Tab 25  - G-325A Form

• For Petitioner
  • For Beneficiary

------------

In my evidence of in person meeting section, I have a list of all the above evidence in a document called "Evidence of In-Person Meeting in the last 2 years & Ongoing Relationship" with a Timeline of our relationship put into chart form for easy reading.

Is that everything? Am I missing something important or major or something that will help our case? I tried to address all possible RFE's with this I-129F packet.

Please advise.

Copy of LOI attached.

Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, SmilingDuck said:

I read the form instructions many times.

I thought I had everything but then I'm reading posts on here about all the RFE's people have gotten and now I'm not sure if I have everything. 

Read the instructions slower then.  ;)     Only submit evidence/documents requested.

Depending on the age of a posting the information may or may not be valid for today.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Read the instructions slower then.  ;)     Only submit evidence/documents requested.

Depending on the age of a posting the information may or may not be valid for today.

When do they ask for the proof of ongoing relationship then? 

I thought it was with the I-129F. 

Somebody posted their RFE recently so that's what I was trying to address -- problems with the intent to marry section. 

I've been engaged for 14 months, been working on this application for almost 2 months after having problems with 2 different flaky lawyers, and having nightmares that I'm still doing the forms in my sleep. I just want it to be done right. 

example of probs.jpg

event.png

event.png

41 minutes ago, SmilingDuck said:

Somebody posted their RFE recently so that's what I was trying to address -- problems with the intent to marry section. 

I've been engaged for 14 months, been working on this application for almost 2 months after having problems with 2 different flaky lawyers, and having nightmares that I'm still doing the forms in my sleep. I just want it to be done right. 

example of probs.jpg

Can you link the original post? Seems like a strange RFE for k1 maybe it's for the spousal visa?

Begs the question...If you are currently living together is the K-1 the best option for you? Have you looked into the financial implications of returning to the US with no job (although I know there is nothing stopping you from getting a job the minute you arrive) but also bringing an adult with you who not only cannot work for many months (how are you going to live? Health care?), likely won’t be able to drive for many months and for whom you then have to pay over $1200 in more immigration fees after you get married?

I’m sensing you don’t understand the process very well as you asked the I-134/I-864 question repeatedly last week (and received excellent advice from many people including @Hank) and you are still asking the same questions so I’m wondering if you understand the entire process of the K-1 and it’s many (unnecessary in your case) pitfalls. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

9 minutes ago, TXBill said:

Can you link the original post? Seems like a strange RFE for k1 maybe it's for the spousal visa?

Can’t be for a spousal visa as it questions their intent to marry. In this referenced case the timeline was all over the place and there was nothing concrete that proved they had met in the last two years or that anything was genuine (due to a screenshot being dated as 1970, for example). They gave a list of dates of meetings, etc but no years. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
56 minutes ago, SmilingDuck said:

example of probs.jpg

That reads like a 221g letter from the embassy in Laos not USCIS.    So it relates to the visa application at the embassy, not the petition process at USCIS.

Read fewer posts about RFEs  read the I-129F instructions    

Oh ya,   I agree with the other posting ..  Why are you getting married and completing the IR/CR-1 spouse visa, makes more sense  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

IR/CR-1 is cheaper but not necessarily faster (maybe a couple months longer process), a big perk with this visa is your husband would receive his green card upon entry into the USA (with the K-1 this requires another process and more $$$ and upwards of a year before the green card arrives)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.