TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, B&ANZ said:

We just got our NOA1 for our 129F application. The receipt number begins with YSC. Does that mean it was assigned to Potomac? Are the 129F applications not being assignd back to the original service centre of the I-130? I plan on calling USCIS to get some clarity, but in the meantime, wanted to see if someone else has had the same experience.

We got the same center as our I-130

Yes, we included our NOA1 for our I-130. We even put in our IOE number for our I-130 in the cover letter which also says there is an NOA1 attached for the I-130. 😫

USCIS

02/12/2020: Submitted I-130 online 🥳

02/12/2020 : NOA1 (Nebraska) - received online 02/13🤬

02/18/2020 : Mailed K3 ☘️

02/23/2020: Touched

02/23/2020: "Transfered" to Potomac

02/25/2020 : NOA1 (Potomac) K3

04/09/2020: RFE 😫

04/13/2020: RFE response sent 😬

05/04/2020: "Request for RFE evidence received by USCIS"

05/06/2020: Touched

06/15/2020: Touched

06/16/2020: "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

06/16/2020 : NOA2 (Potomac)

07/15/2020 : K3 denied

NVC

06/17/2020: Welcome Letter

06/18/2020: Paid AOS and IV fees 

07/03/2020: NVC expedite sent

07/07/2020: Submit everything to NVC

07/08/2020: Documentarily Qualifed (less than 24 hours!) 🥰

07/09/2020: NVC expedite in review

07/14/2020: NVC expedite approved!!🥳

Embassy

07/16/2020: Embassy received case

07/27/2020: Interview Letter

07/30/2020: Medical

08/12/2020 : Interview - cancelled due to alert Level 3 in Auckland :( 

09/16/2020: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥳♥️👩‍❤️‍👨

09/17/2020: CEAC status says "Issued"🥳

09/18/2020: Visa in hand - flight booked!

09/24/2020 : POE

I-751 ROC

06/30/2022: NOA1 (MSC)

“Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”🌏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, mrsasmaolarte said:

How Did You Got This notification ? Do you have account in the website Of Uscis??

It was a case tracker app.

Our case got an update too on the 23 February, 2020. Just wondering what this means, could we be one the cases that got transferred to a different SC or does it mean they're getting ready to review our case? How would we find out if we're at another service center? All these questions its mind-boggling.

Oh they're moving April and May cases to different service centres? Does that mean we might get a skip of those months entirely?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Our case got an update too on the 23 February, 2020. Just wondering what this means, could we be one the cases that got transferred to a different SC or does it mean they're getting ready to review our case? How would we find out if we're at another service center? All these questions its mind-boggling.

If your case was transferred you would receive a notice saying “on [date] we transferred your case to another service center for processing”

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

1 minute ago, Sid_S said:

I-130 NOA 1 in early Jan 2019

I-129 submitted in Oct 2019

400+ days. Still waiting on response to either.

I am January 2019 too. Majority of January people already moved on and it’s so frustrating that we are still waiting. And it’s about to be March already! 

Have you tried calling or anything else to see what’s going on with your case? 

2 minutes ago, Niia said:

I am January 2019 too. Majority of January people already moved on and it’s so frustrating that we are still waiting. And it’s about to be March already! 

I'mi glad its working out for others, but hoping my case moves too. No movement at all whatsoever.

I did an inquiry via email 3 months back. They told me to check back in 60 days. I emailed them again couple weeks ago. No response yet.

I worked through an immigration attorney to file my case, which seems to be pretty much waste of money so far. Is only a paper shuffler.

7 minutes ago, Niia said:

Have you tried contacting them?

1 minute ago, Sid_S said:

I'mi glad its working out for others, but hoping my case moves too. No movement at all whatsoever.

I did an inquiry via email 3 months back. They told me to check back in 60 days. I emailed them again couple weeks ago. No response yet.

I worked through an immigration attorney to file my case, which seems to be pretty much waste of money so far. Is only a paper shuffler.

Have you tried contacting them?

I haven’t tried contacting them yet. How did you do an email inquiry? 

12 minutes ago, Niia said:

I haven’t tried contacting them yet. How did you do an email inquiry? 

I set up USCIS online account, and sent inquiry there. Alternatively just call them. Number is on USCIS website. I'm not super optimistic about inquiries. They just seem to read off the case status that we see on USCIS page anyway, but inquiry is right thing to do at this stage.

Besides delay, I'm a bit bothered by attorney's total hand-off approach. Waste of time and money. Didn't even bother initiating an inquiry, which I did myself. Expensive paper shufflers.

2 minutes ago, Sid_S said:

I set up USCIS online account, and sent inquiry there. Alternatively just call them. Number is on USCIS website. I'm not super optimistic about inquiries. They just seem to read off the case status that we see on USCIS page anyway, but inquiry is right thing to do at this stage.

Besides delay, I'm a bit bothered by attorney's total hand-off approach. Waste of time and money. Didn't even bother initiating an inquiry, which I did myself. Expensive paper shufflers.

We didn’t use an attorney so I can’t comment on that. But from what I heard they are pretty useless. 

did you do the “your case is outside of normal processing times” inquiry? It doesn’t let me do it because technically we are still under normal processing time of 12.5-16 months. Though there’s nothing normal about it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sid_S said:

My attorney has been totally hands off since our petition was filed. If I called him it would seem like I was bothering him. Expensive paper filers for sure. I just hope Nebraska gets busy with April and May cases and stop processing newer petitions as it seems they're doing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.