2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I got my I797 Noa’s receipt for my I485 while reading I saw that my PD was not the one from my I130 instead was the date I filed my I360 application as self petitioner; I saw the I485 was granted under COA:IB6 which according to what I read  “IB6” in particular is for the spouse of a US citizen who self-petitioned under VAWA and who obtained permanent residency by doing Adjustment of Status in the US. An abused spouse of a US citizen can apply for naturalization 3 years after they become a permanent resident. Always learning something new and sharing 😊

i want to say Thank You to All for your support and if anybody ever needs my help please never hesitate to reach out.  God Bless You All and Patience is Key for this long painful process 🇺🇸💫

Congratulations again. All glory and honor to God, have you started the process for your kids yet? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I got my I797 Noa’s receipt for my I485 while reading I saw that my PD was not the one from my I130 instead was the date I filed my I360 application as self petitioner; I saw the I485 was granted under COA:IB6 which according to what I read  “IB6” in particular is for the spouse of a US citizen who self-petitioned under VAWA and who obtained permanent residency by doing Adjustment of Status in the US. An abused spouse of a US citizen can apply for naturalization 3 years after they become a permanent resident. Always learning something new and sharing 😊

i want to say Thank You to All for your support and if anybody ever needs my help please never hesitate to reach out.  God Bless You All and Patience is Key for this long painful process 🇺🇸💫

Congratulations 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am in the process of gathering all documents for my vawa case. Within the next month or so I will have all the documents needed and will be putting my paperwork through. I have bern in therapy and taking domestic violence classes at women in distress! My therapist said she will write a letter for me for uscis but she has never done one before. Does anyone know of a format that she can follow or a sample therapist letter or exactly what uscis is looking for in the letter? Thank you so much! 

On 8/26/2019 at 12:35 AM, Sharig said:

Hi everyone! I am in the process of gathering all documents for my vawa case. Within the next month or so I will have all the documents needed and will be putting my paperwork through. I have bern in therapy and taking domestic violence classes at women in distress! My therapist said she will write a letter for me for uscis but she has never done one before. Does anyone know of a format that she can follow or a sample therapist letter or exactly what uscis is looking for in the letter? Thank you so much! 

This is the letter provided by my DV counselor. Hope it helps!

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed attachment do to personal information.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for that! After 7 weeks I will also receive a domestic violence certificate of completion. Yes this helps. Love you all so supportive and sharing 

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quoted part to remove personal info

4 hours ago, Dordor1 said:

Hi VAWA family.

How is everyone doing? I had answered yes to that work question on the i485 or i765 application. The application with a barrage of yes or no question. Should I mention also that I was working in my affidavit?

You really don't have to you can save it for the i485 interview! Or if you want you can..

3 hours ago, silicon_valley said:

Should VAWA self-petitioner's personal statement be notarized as well?

Some people say there's no point, but mine was notarized! You don't get points deducted for notarizing your affidavit! But definitely the ones written by other witnesses HAS to be notarized!

4 hours ago, Sharig said:

In addition to the sample letter uploaded here for you..USCIS wants to see that you really were a victim of abuse..the abuse detail..that you attended therapy sessions consecutively and consistently  over a period of time, that you were diagnosed...treatment plan, your response to treatment...yeah details like this..it's not shallow but detailed! They like detail by the way!😊👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ziongirl said:

Congratulations again. All glory and honor to God, have you started the process for your kids yet? 

Thank you! I am one of the oldest applicants so

my will never come to USA unless they visit me, they are adults with their own families living happy and well respectively.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

What is a Individual IRS Tax Number ? I don’t think I have that cause I have a social security number 

It is call ITIN to pay taxes in USA for people that don’t have a SS#

Timeline
14 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

I just took my time reading denial notices from past members. From 2006 - 2013 and it’s scary. Because am about to send out my application this week. 

- Have anyone been denied lately ? 

- What would be the reasons for denial ? 

Am pretty new new here and it’s scary. 

My husband divorced me before I could divorce him, will that be a problem because the Citizen divorced first and had anyone here approved been divorced by their spouses who divorced them ? 

You have 2 years from the time of final divorce.

In my case the Officer asked me for the divorce decree so I handed to him. It is not required but best to be Divorce before interview.

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.