2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Modu said:

@Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Šย  @Trizzlegood evening my sister pls have you read abt anybodyย ย here that gotย ย anyother kind of RFE apart from "Police clearance from home country", after getting a prima facie Determination?ย  Cos I read you guys discuss RFE so i said i should ask,... in my case after I submitted i360 package,ย  1month later there abt, I got an RFE to prove bonified marriage and I replied the RFE and 3weeks later I got a prima facie....ย 

You can get a RFE at any point until your petition is approved. It is better to get a RFEย than a denialย 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journeyย 

ย 

ย 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Pinkrlion said:

You can get a RFE at any point until your petition is approved. It is better to get a RFEย than a denialย 

Ofcos dear... RFEย doesn't kill,.... thanks for answeringย 

1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

It is really frustrating after going to interview not to have a straight answer after waiting so long for this moment.... sorry, just venting out sadly.

Yup I know how you feel.

It would have been great if we got an approval on spot or on the way back home but well, it makes sense that they do not do that as much as they did beforeย thinking about how US government is restricting numbers on new residents or limiting immigrants,ย stuff like that.ย 

They do not want to look like they are giving this GC so easy maybe? Idkย 

I feel like it is just added process they made it more complicated.ย 

that is just how I think.ย 

I remember some of VJ members after their interviews worrying they got a paper that case will be reviewed more.ย 

Look what happen, they all got their GC later. So lets hang in there. It will be alright.ย 

ย 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Allrounder said:

Hey guys, this is my status from the day i file till now, no update, is this normal? 17 months getting to 18 no word. Please any March 2018 filer?.

Screenshot_20190817-231113_Chrome.jpg

Right now they are working on Sept -Nov 2017 Vawa petitions. Be patient. Everyone will tell u this is a 2-3 year process.ย 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journeyย 

ย 

ย 

31 minutes ago, Elena hope said:

Yup I know how you feel.

It would have been great if we got an approval on spot or on the way back home but well, it makes sense that they do not do that as much as they did beforeย thinking about how US government is restricting numbers on new residents or limiting immigrants,ย stuff like that.ย 

I remember some of VJ members after their interviews worrying they got a paper that case will be reviewed more.ย 

Look what happen, they all got their GC later. So lets hang in there. It will be alright.ย 

ย 

Did you figure out about your case status? I read you were not able to check your case status after interview

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Divorce is complicated in the US. I will try to write my response in simple English so you wont have to use a translator. If you still are having trouble understanding please post back. There are members who are fluent in Russian and English that would most likely be able to explain this in Russian to you through messaging since only English is allowed here.ย 

ย 

Divorce is done in a court. A judge will sign the final order of divorce also know as the divorce decree.ย  ย There are different ways to file for divorce. If both people are in agreement they present a written agreement to the court and the court will reviewย  and approve it and then a divorce decree is issued. If the people are not in agreementย  - it goes to trial. In a trial the judge will decide whatever the issue is and make an agreement for you. Does that make sense? If you can agree on things you do not need a trial.ย 

ย 

You need your own attorney to review the agreement. You can not trust his attorney. Only sign the agreement if you agree. If you do not- do not sign it. If you sign it he will have to present it to a court and the court will review it and then approve it and give you a final decree.

I understood your answer. Thank you. I do not want to sign papers. My lawyer says the court can award me nothing. Therefore, it is better to agree.I canโ€™t understand why my husband is trying to offer money, small money, so that there is no court hearing?
If he considers my lawyer too, the court will award me nothing.

ย 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
10 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

It is really frustrating after going to interview not to have a straight answer after waiting so long for this moment.... sorry, just venting out sadly.

When was your interview?

15 hours ago, bold said:

When can I apply for Citizenship having just gotten approved for my Green Card under Vawa 2 days ago and my priority date was 08/05/2016?ย 

I have read you can apply for citizenship in 3 years if you are still married toย the abuser and 5 if you are not. You can also fill your application 3 months prior to the 3 or 5 years. You can always verify this information with @sandranj

8 minutes ago, Goyo said:

I have read you can apply for citizenship in 3 years if you are still married toย the abuser and 5 if you are not. You can also fill your application 3 months prior to the 3 or 5 years. You can always verify this information with @sandranj

Yes! 2yrs and 9months as a permanent resident! As for @bold I have responded to you yesterday about when you can apply for citizenship! You probably overlooked it...Goodluck to y'all!!!โœŒ

11 hours ago, Elena hope said:

Yup I know how you feel.

ย 

Amen Hun! Y'all greencard on the way!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.