skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I am still waiting to hear back from visa unit since the below response.

11/13/19: MTL response "We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional information provided. We will forward your information to the visa unit for review and next steps to take to continue processing your K-1 Fiancé Visa. Please be advised that you are not eligible at this time to schedule an appointment, until you receive instructions from the visa unit to do so. "

I also sent an inquiry on 11/17/19 to follow up on the next step.

At this point should I be waiting, it appears I am either waiting for packet 3 or 4. I have already sent the packet 3 on my side which had initiated the above response. Is there any other email that I can email at.

Thank You

Timeline
3 hours ago, NGill said:

Hello,

I am still waiting to hear back from visa unit since the below response.

11/13/19: MTL response "We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional information provided. We will forward your information to the visa unit for review and next steps to take to continue processing your K-1 Fiancé Visa. Please be advised that you are not eligible at this time to schedule an appointment, until you receive instructions from the visa unit to do so. "

I also sent an inquiry on 11/17/19 to follow up on the next step.

At this point should I be waiting, it appears I am either waiting for packet 3 or 4. I have already sent the packet 3 on my side which had initiated the above response. Is there any other email that I can email at.

Thank You

Wait for at least a week, I am communicating for address change and they reply exactly after a week, I have  and after 1:30 PM. Though it changes case by case. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kacey8361 said:

This question is for those who have already gone through the interview this month:

How long did it take for your passport to get back to you after the interview? 

thanks guys for your input. 

I had my interview last Nov 6 and visa issued Nov 15. Visa on hand Nov 18. Note that the consulate was closed from Nov 6 3pm until they reopened Nov 12 due to their move.

Timeline

I had my medical yesterday in Montreal for my upcoming Interview, and it was very close to being a total disaster. I had printed the wrong email for "packet 4", and could not figure out which one they were looking for. I had printed the most recent email I had, which contained a link to the packet 4 pdf instructions, alongside printed confirmation of my appointment from the appointment scheduling service.

There was an additional email sent to me a couple days before that one which was the one they actually needed, but the lady at the desk kept implying that the email should have been more recent than the one I was showing her, which is why it took me so long to locate it.

They were very helpful and sympathetic about it, and emailed the consulate to see if they could get confirmation another way. Luckily, once I found it, I was able to email it to her on the spot and she was able to print it and get my through the medical even though I had by this time missed my original appointment.

At this point I'm now totally freaking out that I'm going to drop the ball next week for the interview.. I'm very detail oriented, and I was totally convinced and triple checked that I had exactly what I needed for the medical, and this still happened. I'm very nervous that I've done the same somewhere else. I'll be spending all weekend going through all my instructions and documents with a fine toothed comb.. 😰

Timeline

@bdot It happens to the best of us so don't be so hard on yourself... great idea to go through your docs to be extra prepared and to make sure you have all of it.  But don't freak yourself out, everything will be fine.  Remember, a lot of people who's done the interview posts that it's a breeze.  

Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:16 AM, Oscean said:

Wait for at least a week, I am communicating for address change and they reply exactly after a week, I have  and after 1:30 PM. Though it changes case by case. 

Hello all,

I am very nervous why it is taking so long for our case to move forward to receive packet 4.

Has anyone else gone through this and waited long for packet 4 to be sent.

I'm afraid I won't make it to December interviews either.

this is the response I got for the inquiry I sent in.

Montreal, IV <Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov>

Nov 21, 2019, 10:41 AM (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.  

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional documents you have provided.

This case is currently under review with a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps in order to continue processing the case.

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance

Regards,

OP03

Correspondence Unit

US Consulate General in Montreal

Timeline

In what duration one should enter to US, once the K- visa is issued ?  ... like in 1 month or 6 month ? ( I know after POE, 90 days are there to get tied )

Timeline
1 hour ago, Oscean said:

In what duration one should enter to US, once the K- visa is issued ?  ... like in 1 month or 6 month ? ( I know after POE, 90 days are there to get tied )

Visa is valid for 6months and you can enter the US from the day you get a hold of your visa until the last day it is valid. Your decision when to enter the US. Can't leave though until you get the GC or AP approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.