Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I think you should call the USCIS National Benefts number ! I believe that the field offices only deal with the interviews. I don't know how to get a Tier 2 representative, maybe call them and ask the person you'll have on the phone to transfer you to a Tier 2 ?

To answer your second question @Redvan : Your EAD/AP case is still in the processing times that you can see here : https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Right now they're processing cases as late as May 20th for EAD/AP that were sent along with an AOS, and March 8th for other situations. I know it's super frustrating to see people who've sent their files after you get their card already, I'm in your situation as well (they received my case on Aug 21st and I did the biometrics on Sept 11th and still nothing happened...) but when you look at the timelines on here, you can see that there's actually not a lot of people who've sent their files at the same time as us who've had their card approved. It's still a case of wait and see.... I'm getting antsy because May is far from August, but we will get there. ❤️

I'm still waiting for them to work on my RFE, the last time I called they told me that my case inquiry should be reviewed by tomorrow but I'm not sure it's gonna happen before last week... Nothing has been moving for anyone today as far as I can tell 😔

18 minutes ago, bayfinest said:

Today December 27, 2019 I received my EAD card😊🙏🙏.Thank you everyone for being a very important part of my journey. Without all the members that shares their experiences, struggles, mistakes, hardships, ups and down, problems and everything each of you faced during the immigration application, my journey would not adjudicated in a timely manner. Me and my husband struggles financially, and I don't have the resources to pay for the lawyer to get this done. Being on the dark was really an excruciating fact for all of us! To get everything done successfully, I read, learn, research, read again some more topics here at VJ then update myself with whats new at USCIS page. AND THATS IT! Please save your $$$$thousands, its not that hard....just follow all the instructions and everythings going to be okay. 👍

Congrats on the EAD!! That should surely help with the financials!!

We also did it without a lawyer, and couldn't have done it without this community. The immigration officer complimented me on assembling all the paperwork myself, and my husband's green card was mailed yesterday. 🙌

Adjustment of Status (from F-1)

National Benefits Center

Charlotte Field Office

8-23-19: NOA1

9-17-19: Biometrics

10-10-19: RFIE

10-24-19: RFIE Response Received by USCIS

11-07-19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

11-12-19: Scheduled for Interview

12-18-19: Interview

12-20-19: Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 minutes ago, bayfinest said:

Today December 27, 2019 I received my EAD card😊🙏🙏.Thank you everyone for being a very important part of my journey. Without all the members that shares their experiences, struggles, mistakes, hardships, ups and down, problems and everything each of you faced during the immigration application, my journey would not adjudicated in a timely manner. Me and my husband struggles financially, and I don't have the resources to pay for the lawyer to get this done. Being on the dark was really an excruciating fact for all of us! To get everything done successfully, I read, learn, research, read again some more topics here at VJ then update myself with whats new at USCIS page. AND THATS IT! Please save your $$$$thousands, its not that hard....just follow all the instructions and everythings going to be okay. 👍

I completely agree. When I decided to file, I thought I would need a lawyer  to assist me with this process and seeing all the forms that was needed... extremely intimidating.  But after making up my mind that we could not afford the thousands of dollars to pay a lawyer... I did a whole lot of research for a month or two before being really confident to do it myself. It's not as hard as it may seem,

IF you have a pretty straightforward case. If it is complicated like having a criminal record, major visa violations, misrepresentation, etc. then a lawyer would be recommended.

I wish everyone the best and I hope all who are still awaiting updates on their case, will be getting that really soon. Keep positive, keep the faith.

B2 visa To AOS

Priority date:  08/19/19

Received text messages: 08/26/19 

Received NOA1's in the mail: 08/31/19

Biometrics done 09/17/19

Received case update online for RFIE  10/12/19

Sent response for RFIE 10/17/19

RFIE Response delivered (resent I-130A) 10/19/19

"Response to RFIE received" status 10/22/19

Case ready to be scheduled for interview 11/02/19

Interview Scheduled! 11/07/19

Received interview notice in mail 11/12/19

Interview 12/19/19 Approved on spot!

"Case was Approved" status update i-485 & i-130 12/20/19

Received Approval notices in the mail 12/26/19

"Card was mailed to me" I-485 12/26/19

"Card was picked up by USPS" I-485 12/27/19

Green card in hand 12/28/19

2 minutes ago, CJK said:

We also did it without a lawyer, and couldn't have done it without this community. The immigration officer complimented me on assembling all the paperwork myself, and my husband's green card was mailed yesterday. 🙌

Wao ,congrats ,i feel same ,i really apreciate VS and all the people here that take their time to share their experience , we didnt have money for a lawyer either and it was three of us and i did everything  just following steps here reading a lot and my papers came out perfect ,bless everyone ❤🤗

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, CJK said:

Its a very interesting journey right? Yes I am so thankful for all those members who tirelessly shares whats really important to this community. Congratulations! Im so happy for you😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
42 minutes ago, bayfinest said:

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! It makes me feel more secured reading that people are receiving their EADs :D

Timeline
On 12/26/2019 at 6:24 PM, Calendula said:

I think you should call the USCIS National Benefts number ! I believe that the field offices only deal with the interviews. I don't know how to get a Tier 2 representative, maybe call them and ask the person you'll have on the phone to transfer you to a Tier 2 ?

To answer your second question @Redvan : Your EAD/AP case is still in the processing times that you can see here : https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Right now they're processing cases as late as May 20th for EAD/AP that were sent along with an AOS, and March 8th for other situations. I know it's super frustrating to see people who've sent their files after you get their card already, I'm in your situation as well (they received my case on Aug 21st and I did the biometrics on Sept 11th and still nothing happened...) but when you look at the timelines on here, you can see that there's actually not a lot of people who've sent their files at the same time as us who've had their card approved. It's still a case of wait and see.... I'm getting antsy because May is far from August, but we will get there. ❤️

I'm still waiting for them to work on my RFE, the last time I called they told me that my case inquiry should be reviewed by tomorrow but I'm not sure it's gonna happen before last week... Nothing has been moving for anyone today as far as I can tell 😔

Thank you very much for your reply! I don't know what to think! I will try and call the national benefits center and maybe it would help my case a bit... I guess we are spending the hardest times in the whole process right now because we can't work or do anything but all the rest will be easier after getting the EAD and the SSN :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Redvan said:

Thank you very much for your reply! I don't know what to think! I will try and call the national benefits center and maybe it would help my case a bit... I guess we are spending the hardest times in the whole process right now because we can't work or do anything but all the rest will be easier after getting the EAD and the SSN :D

I'm only waiting for my EAD and SSN right now to be honest haha it's the most urgent for me, to start working. This process made me realise that I don't like being idle and having too much time on my hands ! It's depressing ........ also we need the money 😆

Everything went smoothly up until this process and now it's taking forever and I feel like I'm not being lucky anymore 💩

Hopefully it'll move next week ! As expected, they didn't respond to my case inquiry today which was their "target date" to process it ... Hoping for maybe Monday !

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Redvan said:

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! It makes me feel more secured reading that people are receiving their EADs :D

Thank you! This is the best gift ever for the coming year🙏🙏. So grateful for all the wisdoms gathered from this warm community of wonderful VJ members. Thank you so much. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lirca said:

Wao ,congrats ,i feel same ,i really apreciate VS and all the people here that take their time to share their experience , we didnt have money for a lawyer either and it was three of us and i did everything  just following steps here reading a lot and my papers came out perfect ,bless everyone ❤🤗

Yes it is such a rocky, complicated BUT amazing journey for all of us😊

Any Newark field office filers has any updates? 72days since “ready to be scheduled” 😩 congrats to everyone who has been approved already!!!

1 minute ago, MrsH23 said:

Any Newark field office filers has any updates? 72days since “ready to be scheduled” 😩 congrats to everyone who has been approved already!!!

I havent had any updates on octuber 29 my case was ready for ,but at least we got the EAD and ssn

17 minutes ago, Lirca said:

I havent had any updates on octuber 29 my case was ready for ,but at least we got the EAD and ssn

I haven’t even received any updates on my EAD still just says “case was received” 

Timeline
11 hours ago, MrsH23 said:

I haven’t even received any updates on my EAD still just says “case was received” 

I'm in the same situation, 73 days since the case was ready to be scheduled (Newark field office) and still nothing! no EAD no AP no SSN nothing at all and I really don't understand that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.