Jump to content
Kevin131993

Got a second interview for citizenship

25 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody , 

 

My name is Kevin , I’m in a very bad situation right now and I’m trying to find some help . I’ve been looking everywhere , talked to a lawyer and still don’t understand ...

 

I came here to the us in 2012 , I married someone that I was in love with , got my green card for 10 years , everything went very smooth with immigration and with my interview . After 2 years of marriage I divorced , 3 years later I applied for citizenship and wait about a year to have my interview . I did very good for my interview and been accepted , got the letter for the oath ceremony . Until here everything is ok until I decided to reschedule my ceremony because I had to go back in my country because my father was very sick... I’ve been waiting for them to reschedule my ceremony and I got a letter for a new interview , I tough was a mistake but I still went there for this interview. As soon I got inside the room was 2 officers waiting for me to question me , the interview was approximately 1 hour and half asking me a lot of questions about my marriage , divorce , life style , address that I’ve been moving ... very stressful ! I don’t understand what was the reasons this happened to me .

 

I went to see my lawyer and He told me that my citizenship should be denied 99% sure and if they’re catching a fraud they can start to do a procedure of green card removal .

 

How this is possible ? 

 

Can they remove my green card if I worked illegally on the territory , thing that I always told them I didn’t ? 

 

Anybody ever had the same experience than mine in the past ? 

 

Thank you 🙏🏼 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, did you work illegally? It’s not clear whether you did or didn’t. 

 

Since you weren’t married at the time of filing, you have to have been a resident for 5 years.  What is your “resident since” date on your GC and when did you apply for citizenship? 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you file for ROC? And did you file with a divorce waiver or what? 

 

Can you you put a more specific timeline of everything that happened. 

 

You said you married someone and was and was married for 2 years yet got 10 year GC. 


K-1 + K-2:                                                                                                                                AOS from K-1 + K-2:

02/02/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                       08/25/16....AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

02/03/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX                                                                               08/26/16....Delivered at Chicago, IL

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC                                                         09/01/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received                                                                               09/09/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/24/16....NOA2 (45 days)                                                                                                 09/15/16....Bio-letter received for K-1/K-2 for Sep. 26th

03/29/16....NOA2 Hard copy received                                                                               09/19/16....Bio appointment done (Walk-in)

03/31/16....Medical                                                                                                              11/01/16.....EAD/AP approved

05/26/16....Interview                                                                                                            11/16/16.....EAD/AP card received

06/10/16....Visa in hand                                                                                                       03/08/17.....AOS Approved - No interview

06/21/16....POE Atlanta                                                                                                       03/15/17.....Green cards in hand

07/30/16....Wedding                                                                                                    

                                                                                                                                       

 

ROC from K-1 + K-2:

12/08/18....ROC window opens

12/13/18....I-751 mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/14/18....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

12/20/18....Text with case number. TX service center

12/24/18....NOA1/Extension letter received

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You worked illegally on which territory?


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin131993 said:

Hello everybody , 

 

My name is Kevin , I’m in a very bad situation right now and I’m trying to find some help . I’ve been looking everywhere , talked to a lawyer and still don’t understand ...

 

I came here to the us in 2012 , I married someone that I was in love with , got my green card for 10 years , everything went very smooth with immigration and with my interview . After 2 years of marriage I divorced , 3 years later I applied for citizenship and wait about a year to have my interview . I did very good for my interview and been accepted , got the letter for the oath ceremony . Until here everything is ok until I decided to reschedule my ceremony because I had to go back in my country because my father was very sick... I’ve been waiting for them to reschedule my ceremony and I got a letter for a new interview , I tough was a mistake but I still went there for this interview. As soon I got inside the room was 2 officers waiting for me to question me , the interview was approximately 1 hour and half asking me a lot of questions about my marriage , divorce , life style , address that I’ve been moving ... very stressful ! I don’t understand what was the reasons this happened to me .

 

I went to see my lawyer and He told me that my citizenship should be denied 99% sure and if they’re catching a fraud they can start to do a procedure of green card removal .

 

How this is possible ? 

 

Can they remove my green card if I worked illegally on the territory , thing that I always told them I didn’t ? 

 

Anybody ever had the same experience than mine in the past ? 

 

Thank you 🙏🏼 

What exactly was the reason your lawyer told you for denial?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was married for 2 years and them divorced , I got only one interview because she’s from Cuba and after that I got my 10 years green card , didn’t need a second interview .

 

Yes I did work illegally here in America before to get married to survive and told them I never worked illegally to not be in trouble...

 

I got my green care 2012 and apply last year , I’ve been waiting for 5 years yes .

 

Everything went very good and I got the letter for oath ceremony and i just reschedule :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though your story is not perfectly clear, you've openly admitted you lied in order to get immigration benefits, which is considered material misrepresentation and is grounds for a lifetime ban. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Isn’t working without authorization forgiven when adjusting through IR USC?

Well yes it is. But for it to be forgiven you have to admit to it. You still have to answer the question truthfully. That question is asked on the N-400 at least (possibly during AOS and ROC also but I haven’t been through either of those). Just because it’s forgiven doesn’t mean you can lie about it. There is no forgiveness for anyone for lying about anything. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why there was no ROC and what his ex-wife’s Cuban heritage has to do with anything. If he was mistakenly given a 10-year GC instead of a 2-year one (and that happens a lot), then he should have notified USCIS and got that fixed. I see a few potential problems here. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JFH said:

Well yes it is. But for it to be forgiven you have to admit to it. You still have to answer the question truthfully. That question is asked on the N-400 at least (possibly during AOS and ROC also but I haven’t been through either of those). Just because it’s forgiven doesn’t mean you can lie about it. There is no forgiveness for anyone for lying about anything. 

I-485 does ask that question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you get here?

 

I still can't add up why you should have a 10 year GC because your wife is also a Cuban and not only a USC. were you Cuban or where are you from?

 

Your timeline again can you out that up.

 

Came date:

Married date:

Got GC interview/approved date:

Applied for USC:

Interview for USC:

 

and so on.


K-1 + K-2:                                                                                                                                AOS from K-1 + K-2:

02/02/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                       08/25/16....AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

02/03/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX                                                                               08/26/16....Delivered at Chicago, IL

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC                                                         09/01/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received                                                                               09/09/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/24/16....NOA2 (45 days)                                                                                                 09/15/16....Bio-letter received for K-1/K-2 for Sep. 26th

03/29/16....NOA2 Hard copy received                                                                               09/19/16....Bio appointment done (Walk-in)

03/31/16....Medical                                                                                                              11/01/16.....EAD/AP approved

05/26/16....Interview                                                                                                            11/16/16.....EAD/AP card received

06/10/16....Visa in hand                                                                                                       03/08/17.....AOS Approved - No interview

06/21/16....POE Atlanta                                                                                                       03/15/17.....Green cards in hand

07/30/16....Wedding                                                                                                    

                                                                                                                                       

 

ROC from K-1 + K-2:

12/08/18....ROC window opens

12/13/18....I-751 mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/14/18....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

12/20/18....Text with case number. TX service center

12/24/18....NOA1/Extension letter received

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JFH said:

I don’t understand why there was no ROC and what his ex-wife’s Cuban heritage has to do with anything. If he was mistakenly given a 10-year GC instead of a 2-year one (and that happens a lot), then he should have notified USCIS and got that fixed. I see a few potential problems here. 

Only way it could make sense is if the wife is not american but only a Cuban GC holder and therefor he got CAA through her and that would have given him a 10 year GC from the start. But until he comes with a timeline and detail we will not know what is going on.


K-1 + K-2:                                                                                                                                AOS from K-1 + K-2:

02/02/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                       08/25/16....AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

02/03/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX                                                                               08/26/16....Delivered at Chicago, IL

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC                                                         09/01/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received                                                                               09/09/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/24/16....NOA2 (45 days)                                                                                                 09/15/16....Bio-letter received for K-1/K-2 for Sep. 26th

03/29/16....NOA2 Hard copy received                                                                               09/19/16....Bio appointment done (Walk-in)

03/31/16....Medical                                                                                                              11/01/16.....EAD/AP approved

05/26/16....Interview                                                                                                            11/16/16.....EAD/AP card received

06/10/16....Visa in hand                                                                                                       03/08/17.....AOS Approved - No interview

06/21/16....POE Atlanta                                                                                                       03/15/17.....Green cards in hand

07/30/16....Wedding                                                                                                    

                                                                                                                                       

 

ROC from K-1 + K-2:

12/08/18....ROC window opens

12/13/18....I-751 mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/14/18....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

12/20/18....Text with case number. TX service center

12/24/18....NOA1/Extension letter received

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Only way it could make sense is if the wife is not american but only a Cuban GC holder and therefor he got CAA through her and that would have given him a 10 year GC from the start. But until he comes with a timeline and detail we will not know what is going on.

I think that’s it. I’ve just re-read his post and realized I mis-read that the wife was a USC. But he doesn’t say that. So it’s possible that’s she a Cuban LPR. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...