Debzib88

Finally here!!

11 posts in this topic

I got here in Washington  yesterday, I can't believe we finally have a break from immigration for 2 years... it's such a nice feeling knowing we can relax now. and enjoy the next 5 weeks together before our son is born, I've stayed over here in the past and no all my husbands family and friends so I know I'm going to settle in just fine. I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me with the process and answered all of my questions. You have a break from me for 2 years now LOL. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

I got here in Washington  yesterday, I can't believe we finally have a break from immigration for 2 years... it's such a nice feeling knowing we can relax now. and enjoy the next 5 weeks together before our son is born, I've stayed over here in the past and no all my husbands family and friends so I know I'm going to settle in just fine. I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me with the process and answered all of my questions. You have a break from me for 2 years now LOL. 

Happy for you. The whole process took two years?  I just filled form i-130 the other day.  

33 minutes ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Happy for you. The whole process took two years?  I just filled form i-130 the other day.  

Thank you. The whole process took just over a year. But now we have a break for 2 years. The cr1 green card allows you to stay in the USA for 2 years. And then you adjust status and get your 10 year green card. Good luck. I hope the process goes quick for you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

Thank you. The whole process took just over a year. But now we have a break for 2 years. The cr1 green card allows you to stay in the USA for 2 years. And then you adjust status and get your 10 year green card. Good luck. I hope the process goes quick for you. 

You do not adjust status. You remove conditions that are placed on you to show USCIS that you entered a good faith marriage and are still married and living with your petitioner in order to get your 10 year greencard. You need to save things starting from right now that show joint things. They want dates covering  the whole two years. So don't throw everything out and in two years wish you had something from 2019 showing you got a joint bank account or joint car insurance or lease for example. Stash a few things away in a folder somewhere as you go, then you'll have a good sampling of things covering the two years when it comes time to organize your evidence.

1 hour ago, little immigrant said:

Aww I'm so happy for you. Congrats on getting here and your baby! I hope everything goes well! 

Thank you. I'm so happy

29 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Yay! Good luck with everything. Let us know when baby arrives. 

Thank you. I will do 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
7 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

You do not adjust status. You remove conditions that are placed on you to show USCIS that you entered a good faith marriage and are still married and living with your petitioner in order to get your 10 year greencard. You need to save things starting from right now that show joint things. They want dates covering  the whole two years. So don't throw everything out and in two years wish you had something from 2019 showing you got a joint bank account or joint car insurance or lease for example. Stash a few things away in a folder somewhere as you go, then you'll have a good sampling of things covering the two years when it comes time to organize your evidence.

Enlightening ,thank you 

• 1 month later...

Some asked to let them know when the baby is here. Well klayton was born via emergency c section on 09/02. At 10:09am. He is the most precious little boy in the world. I'm completely smitten. He weighed 7lbs 11oz I'm still completely overwhelmed that i made it over here in time. Everything just fell into place last minute. It still feels like a dream. Again thank you to everyone that provided support and guidance. ❤️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

Some asked to let them know when the baby is here. Well klayton was born via emergency c section on 09/02. At 10:09am. He is the most precious little boy in the world. I'm completely smitten. He weighed 7lbs 11oz I'm still completely overwhelmed that i made it over here in time. Everything just fell into place last minute. It still feels like a dream. Again thank you to everyone that provided support and guidance. ❤️

Congratulations. You sound very happy even though being a new immigrant, new mum, and recovering from surgery has got to be just crazy hard. Kudos to you. 

On 9/14/2019 at 9:59 PM, Debzib88 said:

Congrats on the newest addition to the family! ❤️

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.