Zoeeeeeee

Knightsbridge review/apocalyptic overhead fires/train misery

25 posts in this topic

What. A. Day.

Currently sat on a train in St Pancras, which has about 7,000 people stuffed on it, but I miraculously acquired a seat 🙌🏻.

So, yesterday it was hot in the UK, which caused overhead cables to catch fire and basically, the train system is screwed up.

I changed my train tickets last night, to catch a much earlier train today, as envisioned there’d be bad delays - best decision ever.

Trains were cancelled entirely from my station, so drove to the nearest city and caught one there - it was delayed by around 20 minutes and then it stopped and waited for around 30 minutes at a different station - but I made it to London by 1pm (interview at 3:30pm).

Walked from St Pancras to the medical office (2 miles, took about 35 minutes, but I walk quite quickly - allow 45 minutes if you’re more of an ambler, or take the bus or tube), then decided to go sit in a park to chill out for a bit - that was a mistake, as all the nearby parks seemed to be private and you needed a key to enter.

As such, wandered around until I managed to find a charity shop that I could buy a book from, then went to Bentinck Mansions an hour early and sat in the waiting room to read.

Appointment started on time at 3:30pm and was finished by 4:40pm. Filled in paperwork first (more in-depth medical questionnaire), then did a urine sample. Was then called through to get my vaccinations signed off.

I advised I needed a pertussis shot...they said I didn’t. I explained that I might not need one for the K1, but I’d need it for AOS. They advised again that I didn’t. I started preparing myself to throw a tantrum, however, she explained to me that whilst no pertussis shot showed on my vaccination chart, I would’ve had it as part of the diphtheria/polio/tetanus jabs I had as a child, so they were signing me off as having it. My mum’s not convinced I did have it, but I resisted the compelling urge to blurt this out and I’ve been signed off! 🙌🏻

Then went through to have a chest X-ray (top and bra off, robe on) - all fine. I was a little concerned when the image came up on the screen, as the doctor told me we were looking at the black space between my ribs - I nervously asked what the white splodge was, only to be told that it was my heart - I decided at that point that I was ok with it being there. 😆

Next I saw another doctor who asked me a few questions about my health conditions, took some blood, poked me in the stomach (he asked me if it hurt and I told him no, he just has annoyingly hot hands - he apologised for being annoying 😆😆), did an eye test and took my blood pressure. He also got me to take my shoes and socks off, but did nothing to my feet 🤷🏻‍♀️. Maybe he just likes feet.

And I was done!

All the doctors there were absolutely lovely, really friendly, hence I was able to have a laugh and banter with all of them.

And the train is finally now moving, so who knows, I may get home tonight!

Final thing - I told my fiancé about the pertussis jab and we’ve decided that once I get to US, I’ll get it there, as whilst I may be signed off for it, we also want to make sure I’m actually protected against it.

Final final thing - my £3 charity shop book is actually quite good - thanks  Barnardos!

Edited by Zoeeeeeee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

5 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

I advised I needed a pertussis shot...they said I didn’t. I explained that I might not need one for the K1, but I’d need it for AOS. They advised again that I didn’t

I think when we talked about this before (or maybe to somebody else) I said I suspected Knightsbridge was letting Pertussis slide. They used to offer Tdap on their list of jabs and now they just offer Td and let it go at that because they can't do the pertussis. As long as you're signed off, I don't think any AOS bloke will question it. 

14 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Maybe he just likes feet

😂🤣😳

You had quite the adventure! But at least you ended up with a good book and another thing to check off the list, yay! 

Good luck on your interview 🤞🏻

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We must have seen each other as I just had my appointment at 14:10! I 100% agree, however the Male doctor did touch my feet 😂 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

What a day!  I'd make a quick stop at the nearest pub if I were you. Actually, after my interview I did!  

About the pertussis, if it's signed off I honestly wouldn't bother unless you hear about a new outbreak of it at any time. The pertussis shot only gives a very short immunity span and does not prevent you from catching it. If you choose to get it, no problem, but don't feel like you're at high risk just because it's 'outstanding'.  Any pertussis shots you had as a child are pretty much void by this stage. 

Glad to hear you survived the train chaos!   :D

Edited by wbeem
Typo
Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

I've been wondering how anyone who had a medical or embassy interview in London yesterday/today has fared.  Public transport is hell on Earth right now.

Still, congrats on the medical completion - just the final hurdle now!

1 hour ago, EK97 said:

We must have seen each other as I just had my appointment at 14:10! I 100% agree, however the Male doctor did touch my feet 😂 

Ah, small world! I was the girl with the super long hair, reading a book - I was sat next to the couple with a little boy. There were a couple of blond girls and dark haired guys in the waiting room when I was (not sure who you are in your pic!), so guess you were one of those?!

1 hour ago, wbeem said:

What a day!  I'd make a quick stop at the nearest pub if I were you. Actually, after my interview I did!  

About the pertussis, if it's signed off I honestly wouldn't bother unless you hear about a new outbreak of it at any time. The pertussis shot only gives a very short immunity span and does not prevent you from catching it. If you choose to get it, no problem, but don't feel like you're at high risk just because it's 'outstanding'.  Any pertussis shots you had as a child are pretty much void by this stage. 

Glad to hear you survived the train chaos!   :D

Ah ok, in which case I’ll probably wait until we try spawning, as I believe you normally have the jab when pregnant (you do here).

43 minutes ago, Howins said:

I've been wondering how anyone who had a medical or embassy interview in London yesterday/today has fared.  Public transport is hell on Earth right now.

Still, congrats on the medical completion - just the final hurdle now!

Medical fine - transport horrible. Just glad I made arrangements last night and set off earlier!

6 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Ah, small world! I was the girl with the super long hair, reading a book - I was sat next to the couple with a little boy. There were a couple of blond girls and dark haired guys in the waiting room when I was (not sure who you are in your pic!), so guess you were one of those?!

My fiancé was there as well! His appt was at 2:30. Tall, light brown haired guy. Small world indeed! He kept going up to ask the staff to fix things on the DS3205 because they completely forgot to check the box at the bottom. Good thing I told him what to look for. 

Not sure why his Td shot had a date but had a B code next to it. Oh well as long as it was marked complete!

Glad it all went well for you! And that I wasn't the only one asking the x-ray tech all the questions - asked him if it all looked okay, and he said 'well, it's definitely an x-ray, and it's female..' 😂 

Hope you can get an interview date for when you wanted too! 

1 hour ago, Mimiso said:

My fiancé was there as well! His appt was at 2:30. Tall, light brown haired guy. Small world indeed! He kept going up to ask the staff to fix things on the DS3205 because they completely forgot to check the box at the bottom. Good thing I told him what to look for. 

Not sure why his Td shot had a date but had a B code next to it. Oh well as long as it was marked complete!

B’s the right code for TD - it means insufficient interval time, ie, he’s had it within 10 years, so doesn’t need it again now 🙃.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mimiso said:

Because Td is renewable every 10 years and 10 years hasn't passed since he had one, thus "insufficient time interval" to give him a new one. That's Knightsbridge's weird explanation anyway.

14 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

B’s the right code for TD - it means insufficient interval time, ie, he’s had it within 10 years, so doesn’t need it again now 🙃.

Thank you and @Wuozopo for the explanation. Makes sense now!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Yes I did see you, I was the guy in the black and white checkered shirt haha, small world indeed! Glad it went well :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

What a shame you didn't know. When I went for my interview there was someone doing a spouse visa on this site who had his interview the same day so we arranged to meet up an hour or so before, get coffee and wait in line together.  He was done before me and waited for me, which was really nice.  I still keep in touch with him and his wife :) Actually I have maintained friendships, albeit online, with quite a few of the people who were waiting this out at the same time as we did.  It's also great to have people who understand the ups and downs when you've just moved to talk to. 

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.