Daniel Nuno

C1/D VISA Ships seamans

22 posts in this topic

Hello, I want to know if its possible to get a C1/D VISA after been deported?

My situacion is that in 2008 Ive been deported for 10 years, I had a b1/b2 tourist visa and immigration officer found me after 25 miles from border and deported me to Mexico, now in mexico I work for an American company and my boss is requesting me a C1/D visa for ships workers, because now I work in ships and in future the ship have to go to drydock in Houston, so I need if I can apply for this kind of visa in the US embassy. Thanks

3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Why did you get deported?   You skipped over that.

with B1/B2 only its permissible 25 miles from border and border patrol found me after that I was traveling to Tucson to visit family, I forget to request the permission to get more miles inside the Us. that's why deported me

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 minute ago, Daniel Nuno said:

with B1/B2 only its permissible 25 miles from border and border patrol found me after that I was traveling to Tucson to visit family, I forget to request the permission to get more miles inside the Us. that's why deported me

No.

A B1/B2 visa holder can be anywhere in the US.  There's no restriction.

Why were you deported?  Overstay?  Illegal work?  Illegal activities?  What?

23 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

No.

A B1/B2 visa holder can be anywhere in the US.  There's no restriction.

Why were you deported?  Overstay?  Illegal work?  Illegal activities?  What?

The OP didn't have a paper I-94 permit issued at the border with Mexico when crossing by land. 

Without it, BCC holders, can only stay up to 72 hours and within 25 miles from the border.

3 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

The OP didn't have a paper I-94 permit issued at the border with Mexico when crossing by land. 

Without it, BCC holders, can only stay up to 72 hours and within 25 miles from the border. 

Yes, and I forget to request for that permit. so, now 10 years of ban is complete, and now I want to apply for a seaman visa C1/D for ship workers because of my work. its possible to get it?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You had a Border Crossing Card.  You didn't have a B1/B2 tourist visa.  Big difference.  

Is it possible to get?  Yes.

Is it possible to get after being deported?  Highly unlikely.  You never know until you try.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is certainly possible, nothing to stop you applying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

You had a Border Crossing Card.  You didn't have a B1/B2 tourist visa.  Big difference.  

Is it possible to get?  Yes.

Is it possible to get after being deported?  Highly unlikely.  You never know until you try.  

Mexican citizens are issued combo B1/B2/BCC laser cards. 

22 minutes ago, Daniel Nuno said:

Yes, and I forget to request for that permit. so, now 10 years of ban is complete, and now I want to apply for a seaman visa C1/D for ship workers because of my work. its possible to get it?

You are free to apply but the decision relies entirely on the interviewing officer.

In my honest opinion, the chances are slim.

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, Daniel Nuno said:

There appears to be more to this than you're telling us.  With a BBC, you can travel 75 miles within AZ -- specifically to allow people to go from Nogales up to Tucson to shop.  So, going to Tucson shouId not have resulted in deportation (unless, of course, you drove across AZ from CA or NM).

27 minutes ago, jan22 said:

There appears to be more to this than you're telling us.  With a BBC, you can travel 75 miles within AZ -- specifically to allow people to go from Nogales up to Tucson to shop.  So, going to Tucson shouId not have resulted in deportation (unless, of course, you drove across AZ from CA or NM).

Looks like from NM. The image OP uploaded mentions mile marker 120 on Interstate 10:

Capture.JPG

I assume it's the internal checkpoint on mile marker 120: https://goo.gl/maps/fTe7inJ2eSdXqWko7

Edited by HRQX

43 minutes ago, jan22 said:

The OP entered through El Paso, so yes, they drove across New Mexico on their way to Tucson, hence the removal. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.