13 posts in this topic

I am so excited to be in this group because it means we are on the home stretch before we can take a small break from immigration. My husband and I were married on July 3rd in Jamaica. I have gathered all documents and will post them Friday if not before. I do have a couple of questions about the I864 bin Part 5 about the sponsor's household size it ask if you are currently married? Do I put 1 in that box because it also say dont count any household member more than once? so I was confused about that question. my 2nd question is about PArt 6 number 22 am i putting an X in the box that say one or more of the people listed in items 8,11,14 and 17 do not need to complete form I-864 bcuz they are the intending immigrant.... I hope I havent confused anyone. and I appreciate all guidance bcuz once I get the answer to these 2 questions my packet will be ready to be mailed.... Thanks in advance 

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, LuFlolady said:

I am so excited to be in this group because it means we are on the home stretch before we can take a small break from immigration. My husband and I were married on July 3rd in Jamaica.

You got married in Jamaica? I thought K1 can only marry within the US.

Filed: Other Timeline
22 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

I am so excited to be in this group because it means we are on the home stretch before we can take a small break from immigration. My husband and I were married on July 3rd in Jamaica. I have gathered all documents and will post them Friday if not before. I do have a couple of questions about the I864 bin Part 5 about the sponsor's household size it ask if you are currently married? Do I put 1 in that box because it also say dont count any household member more than once? so I was confused about that question. my 2nd question is about PArt 6 number 22 am i putting an X in the box that say one or more of the people listed in items 8,11,14 and 17 do not need to complete form I-864 bcuz they are the intending immigrant.... I hope I havent confused anyone. and I appreciate all guidance bcuz once I get the answer to these 2 questions my packet will be ready to be mailed.... Thanks in advance 

I need to follow up on this, too. You were married in Jamaica?

21 hours ago, Vans said:

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed reply from another thread because of split

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Vans said:

It can be Jamaica Courthouse in Queens New York City. We got married there. 

Edited by andreaam

21 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

I need to follow up on this, too. You were married in Jamaica?

Yes I was married in ochos Rios 🇯🇲 Jamaica

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quote to show question to the OP and not a question to another member

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, LuFlolady said:

I'm a bit confused... How is it you got married in another country, but received the K1 Visa?

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

4 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

Oh okay , so I'm going by assumptions that you got married before you or your spouse arrived in the US but after your K1 visa was issued so please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you were using the K1 visa to get to the US, you had to have entered unmarried. Assuming you were married in Jamaica before entry, the K1 Visa would have become invalid upon marriage. I'm guessing Customs wasnt aware of your marriage when the visa was stamped, so I would consult with an attorney to make sure they dont consider it visa fraud. 

At this point I'm not sure what the avenues are. If all is well, I'm assuming it's either one of two:

-you have to file for an I130 along with your I485 or

-if it can be considered visa fraud by entering married on a fiance visa, he/she may have to return to their home country and reapply via the spousal route.

Again, feel free to correct me if I'm understanding incorrectly.

Edited by celie&joseph

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Even if the I485 was filed now, they would see the wedding certificate is from another country and questions would be asked. My advice would be to post a topic here and see what options other members give or consult with an attorney.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post and related replies split off to it's own thread from a monthly filer thread. Will move later once the OP clarifies if they had a legal marriage before entry on a K1~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

yes we are legally married and yes fiance came on K1 we got married this July 3rd 2019 however i was just sharing that information not asking any advice on where or whether my marriage is legal or not. My questions was about number 21 and 22 on the I485.... however I have figured it out and have posted our paperwork to the Chicago lockbox..... THANKS! :)

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not a question about the legality of your marriage but the apparent violation of the terms and conditions of the k1

YMMV

I'm sorry if you feel it was an attack; I assure it was not. We were simply trying to advise you since this can be considered a serious issue and can possibly risk your spouse's immigration journey/deportation. All we can do is let you know what can happen in your situation and what steps you can take, but ofc it is up to you if you want to take action or not. Good luck on your journey.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, LuFlolady said:

yes we are legally married and yes fiance came on K1 we got married this July 3rd 2019 however i was just sharing that information not asking any advice on where or whether my marriage is legal or not. My questions was about number 21 and 22 on the I485.... however I have figured it out and have posted our paperwork to the Chicago lockbox..... THANKS! :)

Without further clarification,  there is only one possible result of the filed i485

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.