Adaline&Fouad

US Citizen Living in Foreign Country with Spouse

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I, the petitioner am just starting to assemble the I-130 packet for the CR-1 visa for my husband. I am currently living in Morocco with him and have a few questions in regard to the application in this regard. 

#1. For Part 2 information about me, can I put my address back home as my physical address or should I put my address with my husband in Morocco? 

#2. In regards to the I-864 I am unemployed so I will have my father be the joint sponsor. But my concern is how I file I-864 while abroad? I have read that to file the form one must be domiciled in the US. Well of course, it is my permanent home and I'm just living in Morocco with the intention to be with my husband until his visa is issued and we can go back together. Because of this is it seen that I am no longer domicile? If so what do I do? Or is it really an issue because I will have a co- sponsor? 

Thank you and look forward to any help I can get on the topic. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, Adaline&Fouad said:

I, the petitioner am just starting to assemble the I-130 packet for the CR-1 visa for my husband. I am currently living in Morocco with him and have a few questions in regard to the application in this regard. 

#1. For Part 2 information about me, can I put my address back home as my physical address or should I put my address with my husband in Morocco? 

#2. In regards to the I-864 I am unemployed so I will have my father be the joint sponsor. But my concern is how I file I-864 while abroad? I have read that to file the form one must be domiciled in the US. Well of course, it is my permanent home and I'm just living in Morocco with the intention to be with my husband until his visa is issued and we can go back together. Because of this is it seen that I am no longer domicile? If so what do I do? Or is it really an issue because I will have a co- sponsor? 

Thank you and look forward to any help I can get on the topic. 

Answer all questions truthfully and honestly.  If you maintain an address in the US while living abroad, I would use the US address as mailing address and foreign address as physical address.  "Domiciled" and "Residing" mean different things in this context.  The I-864 comes several months AFTER filing the I-130.  Complete it accurately at that time.  Deal with the domiciled or "intent to establish or re-establish domicile at that time.

"How do I file it?" questions are always "truthfully and accurately" based on a literal interpretation of each question.  "How do I qualify as sponsor? is a different question or set of questions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

7 minutes ago, Adaline&Fouad said:

If you are legally residing in Morocco use that address.   You can use the US address as a mailing address

7 minutes ago, Adaline&Fouad said:

But my concern is how I file I-864 while abroad?

You file the form plus your sponsor does.   You will need to have a plan to re-establish your domicile before the interview.   I kept my condo, paid taxes, insurance, utilities, still owned a business and voted while we lived in Mexico.   I did not have any issues.

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Because Morocco is already hard ,  you really need to return to the US and get work 

Just having a cosponsor for that country is not enough

you  need to prove you can provide not only the residency here in the US but income enough to pay for medical insurance

Morocco often wants to see 3 years of IRS transcripts (more than often when they want to deny and use this as a tool)

and of course,  you put the US as your home address 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

If you are legally residing in Morocco use that address.   You can use the US address as a mailing address

You file the form plus your sponsor does.   You will need to have a plan to re-establish your domicile before the interview.   I kept my condo, paid taxes, insurance, utilities, still owned a business and voted while we lived in Mexico.   I did not have any issues.

Morocco will have issues with a USC not living and working here 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Because Morocco is already hard ,  you really need to return to the US and get work 

Just having a cosponsor for that country is not enough

you  need to prove you can provide not only the residency here in the US but income enough to pay for medical insurance

Morocco often wants to see 3 years of IRS transcripts (more than often when they want to deny and use this as a tool)

and of course,  you put the US as your home address 

Thank you for responding to my questions. I just want to understand a bit more clearly. I do have 3 years IRS transcripts but even then my income wouldn't suffice. I am 22 years old and I haven't yet firmly established my career, I'm still going to go back to school. I know people (petitioners) who are students/or unemployed and need a co-sponsor just like in my case. And they had no problems. Therefore, my income isn't much of an issue as long as I am sure my co-sponsor can meet the expectations. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

If you are legal residing in Morocco use that address.   You can use the US address as a mailing address

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Okay and and what point do you prove to them you will be re-establish your domicile? I am 22 years old I do not have my own place, I have my Mother's house which is my permanent address on my ID, Bank Account, and medical insurance. And yes I can vote online.  I'm planning on returning to school when I return would applying to University and FASFA could that be a way to prove my plan of domicile? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adaline&Fouad said:

Thank you for responding to my questions. I just want to understand a bit more clearly. I do have 3 years IRS transcripts but even then my income wouldn't suffice. I am 22 years old and I haven't yet firmly established my career, I'm still going to go back to school. I know people (petitioners) who are students/or unemployed and need a co-sponsor just like in my case. And they had no problems. Therefore, my income isn't much of an issue as long as I am sure my co-sponsor can meet the expectations. 

Will you have any income for 2019 and 2020 as appliction now will give you close to a 2021 interview date?

most countries are ok but for Morocco you really need to be here with an income

joint sponsor helps but still Casa embassy expects to see the USC with a job 

since you are willing to live there now (and none of us want to be separated)   the embassy will say ,  you don't need a visa ,  you can live in Morocco

it has happened to others 

not trying to be hard but i worked 6 years for a visa for my Adil and i know what can happen

and don't use the moroccan address 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Answer all questions truthfully and honestly.  If you maintain an address in the US while living abroad, I would use the US address as mailing address and foreign address as physical address.  "Domiciled" and "Residing" mean different things in this context.  The I-864 comes several months AFTER filing the I-130.  Complete it accurately at that time.  Deal with the domiciled or "intent to establish or re-establish domicile at that time.

"How do I file it?" questions are always "truthfully and accurately" based on a literal interpretation of each question.  "How do I qualify as sponsor? is a different question or set of questions.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your response was very helpful. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adaline&Fouad said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Okay and and what point do you prove to them you will be re-establish your domicile? I am 22 years old I do not have my own place, I have my Mother's house which is my permanent address on my ID, Bank Account, and medical insurance. And yes I can vote online.  I'm planning on returning to school when I return would applying to University and FASFA could that be a way to prove my plan of domicile? 

mother's address is ok

especially with bank account and insurance

driving license with that addess is also good 

but you need a job

or go to college and do this after graduation

Timeline

it is also important to Casa that you are of child bearing age

but some CO's will see that trying to attend college and also raising a family is difficult

not that it can't be done /  my twins were born over Thanksgiving holiday and I returned Monday to classes (Junior year)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

but you need a job

or go to college and do this after graduation

The above is not a requirement for anybody.  She's a married woman, age 22.  She has the full range of life choices available to her.  College and job are two possible choices among many choices not relevant to her husband's immigration process, provided there is a satisfactory sponsorship solution.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
4 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The above is not a requirement for anybody.  She's a married woman, age 22.  She has the full range of life choices available to her.  College and job are two possible choices among many choices not relevant to her husband's immigration process, provided there is a satisfactory sponsorship solution.

Thank you pushbrk I did not believe it was relevant as long as my co-sponsor for I-864 meets the expectations. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

sorry,  but this is Morocco embassy

like i said ,  ok for other countries but not Casa embassy

others have been denied there for this very reason

everyone here says morocco is hard /  this is what we mean

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Adaline&Fouad said:

Thank you pushbrk I did not believe it was relevant as long as my co-sponsor for I-864 meets the expectations. 

then  go for it

maybe you will be one of the lucky ones

I don't have a job but i live on over $10,000 a month from an annunity and even i did tax returns ,  all i pay taxes on is the interest and NVC kept making me do the AOS over and over til i hired an attoney who showed my annunity and  that my husband would inherit is

Edited by Jeanne Adil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.