Tutuka

REAFFIRMED CASE (merged)

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I am not good with taxes, but pretty sure even if you didnt work you need to file something...

Another issue might be that you are not residing in the US and since the visa is a reunification one, you need to show intent to move to the US or have kept ties to the US while living abroad. 

Ooh ok.  I am a US citizen n believe domicile woundnt be s problem der.  Still waitn for confirmed tax response cos doubt one has to file when didn't work at at all 4 d government or private.  Just widout income, what will one file?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Tutuka said:

Ooh ok.  I am a US citizen n believe domicile woundnt be s problem der.  Still waitn for confirmed tax response cos doubt one has to file when didn't work at at all 4 d government or private.  Just widout income, what will one file?

It doesn't matter if you are a USC or not, you were not living in the USA. If you look on the forum there were cases when ppl got in AP because they wanted to see proof if the USC was living in the US or not, or proof of the intent.

Maybe u need to get a Verification of Non-filing Letter  from IRS of the years you were not required to file. 

Hope somebody else can clear it for you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

no income whats so ever no tax return required not even medicare or ss payments needed

but even you are reaffirmed without an income of your own,  you can be denied again saying looks like the beneficiary could become a public charge

establishing residency is more than being a USC   

need to prove where you will live

having a US bank account helps 

owning property or having a rental agreement sometimes is asked for

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I am not good with taxes, but pretty sure even if you didnt work you need to file something...

Another issue might be that you are not residing in the US and since the visa is a reunification one, you need to show intent to move to the US or have kept ties to the US while living abroad. 

Only if they had unearned income.  If no income or under the threshold filing is not required.  

For the I864 you would want to include a declaration to why taxes were not filed.  A joint sponsor will be required.

Timeline
5 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

It doesn't matter if you are a USC or not, you were not living in the USA. If you look on the forum there were cases when ppl got in AP because they wanted to see proof if the USC was living in the US or not, or proof of the intent.

Maybe u need to get a Verification of Non-filing Letter  from IRS of the years you were not required to file. 

I get it point half way here.  D only domicile documents I ve is d receipts of my storage payments cos I ve some of my tns packed at d storage.  Hope dis may help but I don't ve any bank accounts pls  .Thks  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Only if they had unearned income.  If no income or under the threshold filing is not required.  

For the I864 you would want to include a declaration to why taxes were not filed.  A joint sponsor will be required.

Ooh ok.  Yes I ve a joint sponsor.  Yes I shall include a declaration; I didn't earn any income cos I didnt work all des yrs.  Hope dis may help or ...

Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

no income whats so ever no tax return required not even medicare or ss payments needed

but even you are reaffirmed without an income of your own,  you can be denied again saying looks like the beneficiary could become a public charge

Ooh ok. Thanks for d advice.  Yes I ve a joint sponsor.  No bank statements, no property but only got receipts of payment for my storage. Do u sugggest I get a rental agreement from my co-tenant ? Will dis help  or d above will be enough? Thanks 

4 hours ago, HRQX said:

If income is below the threshold, then nothing is required to be filed: https://citizenpath.com/faq/not-required-file-federal-income-tax-return/

Ooh ok.  Thanks soo much 

Timeline
5 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I understand u but d only intent proof is d receipts of my storage payments.  Hope dis may help. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, HRQX said:

If income is below the threshold, then nothing is required to be filed: https://citizenpath.com/faq/not-required-file-federal-income-tax-return/

Thanks once again folk.  I read d link ☝️☝️☝️ and has given me soo much insight.  Very, very  grateful 🙏🙏🙏

Timeline
2 minutes ago, databit said:

Who has been paying for your food? Shelter? Utilities?

How can you have 3 "dependents"  with no income? 

Did someone deduct you and your "dependents" on their US taxes?

No one deducts  me n my dependants on their taxes pls.  It's been my spouse who has been taking care of us all des years that we ve been outside d USA  and living wid him nw in Ghana. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, Eunicedanso said:

Good day, I filed for my husband( i-130) in 2015, he went for his interview in 2016, case was denied under 221g( the counsellor doubted the marriage) and sent case back to USCIS for review and possible revocation. We rebutted the consular's findings and the case has been reaffirmed and sent back to the embassy for another interview. Question ; I have been outside the states for 2 and 1/2 years and unemployed(with 3 dependants) so coundnt file tax. I would like to know if that will be any issue this second time *though I ve a joint sponsor who's income qualifies*. Please advise. Thanks.

Are you 

On 7/1/2019 at 11:37 AM, Tutuka said:

Good day,

I filed for my husband( i-130) in 2015, he  went  for his interview in 2016, case was denied under 221g( the counsellor doubted the marriage) and sent case  back to USCIS for review and possible revocation.
    We rebutted the consular's findings and the case has been reaffirmed and sent back to the embassy for another interview. 

Question ;

I have been outside the states for 2 and 1/2 years  and  unemployed(with 3 dependants) so coundnt file tax.  I would like to know if that will be any issue this second time *though I ve a joint sponsor who's income qualifies*.  Please advise.  Thanks. 

Are you living with your current husband for the past two and half years? Had similar issue our reaffirmed case was denied but has nothing to do with bona fide marriage because we had a child together and DNA was already with the embassy before my reaafirmed interview. My wife came to live with me in Ghana over a year and half and we filed a new petition at USCIS office at the US embassy in Ghana. Visa approved and we finally in the US but i believe a joint sponsor should be okay for you guys. Make sure your husband knows the joint sponsor very well because they will ask him questions about the joint sponsor. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, jefraylee said:

Are you 

Are you living with your current husband for the past two and half years? Had similar issue our reaffirmed case was denied but has nothing to do with bona fide marriage because we had a child together and DNA was already with the embassy before my reaafirmed interview. My wife came to live with me in Ghana over a year and half and we filed a new petition at USCIS office at the US embassy in Ghana. Visa approved and we finally in the US but i believe a joint sponsor should be okay for you guys. Make sure your husband knows the joint sponsor very well because they will ask him questions about the joint sponsor. 

Powerful.  Thanks soo much bro. Thank YHWH my case has been apprroved just last week.  🙏🙏🙏🙏. I appreciate ur honest contribution bro. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/2/2019 at 1:50 AM, Jeanne Adil said:

Thanks.  My  case was approved n not even a single question was asked. 🙏🙏🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.