Tutuka

REAFFIRMED CASE (merged)

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good day,

I filed for my husband( i-130) in 2015, he  went  for his interview in 2016, case was denied under 221g( the counsellor doubted the marriage) and sent case  back to USCIS for review and possible revocation.
    We rebutted the consular's findings and the case has been reaffirmed and sent back to the embassy for another interview. 

Question ;

I have been outside the states for 2 and 1/2 years  and  unemployed(with 3 dependants) so coundnt file tax.  I would like to know if that will be any issue this second time *though I ve a joint sponsor who's income qualifies*.  Please advise.  Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Tutuka said:

I have been outside the states for 2 and 1/2 years  and  unemployed(with 3 dependants) so coundnt file tax

I don't know why that is the reason you couldn't file taxes. You can always file taxes. But yes, that will be a problem. You will have to file taxes for those years. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tutuka said:

Good day,

I filed for my husband( i-130) in 2015, he  went  for his interview in 2016, case was denied under 221g( the counsellor doubted the marriage) and sent case  back to USCIS for review and possible revocation.
    We rebutted the consular's findings and the case has been reaffirmed and sent back to the embassy for another interview. 

Question ;

I have been outside the states for 2 and 1/2 years  and  unemployed(with 3 dependants) so coundnt file tax.  I would like to know if that will be any issue this second time *though I ve a joint sponsor who's income qualifies*.  Please advise.  Thanks. 

Hello, 

congratulations on your reaffirmed case. You might need to get a joint sponsor, once you get one you’re good to go. 

Please how long did it take for your case to be reaffirmed from the time you rebutted? 

Which of the service center? 

Its been 5months plus since we rebutted and nothing is been heard. Our service center is Nebraska!

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good day, I filed for my husband( i-130) in 2015, he went for his interview in 2016, case was denied under 221g( the counsellor doubted the marriage) and sent case back to USCIS for review and possible revocation. We rebutted the consular's findings and the case has been reaffirmed and sent back to the embassy for another interview. Question ; I have been outside the states for 2 and 1/2 years and unemployed(with 3 dependants) so coundnt file tax. I would like to know if that will be any issue this second time *though I ve a joint sponsor who's income qualifies*. Please advise. Thanks.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

I don't know why that is the reason you couldn't file taxes. You can always file taxes. But yes, that will be a problem. You will have to file taxes for those years. 

Yeaah likei said i ve never worked since all des years that i ve been outside d State n i ve a joint sponsor too n u still think that Will be a problem?

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hello, 

congratulations on your reaffirmed case. You might need to get a joint sponsor, once you get one you’re good to go. 

Please how long did it take for your case to be reaffirmed from the time you rebutted? 

Which of the service center? 

Its been 5months plus since we rebutted and nothing is been heard. Our service center is Nebraska!

Ooh ok. Yeaah i got a joint sponsor please.  Thanks.  Anyway, soo sorry for urs but my took 5 months  pls . Thks

45 minutes ago, Eunicedanso said:

Good day, I filed for my husband( i-130) in 2015, he went for his interview in 2016, case was denied under 221g( the counsellor doubted the marriage) and sent case back to USCIS for review and possible revocation. We rebutted the consular's findings and the case has been reaffirmed and sent back to the embassy for another interview. Question ; I have been outside the states for 2 and 1/2 years and unemployed(with 3 dependants) so coundnt file tax. I would like to know if that will be any issue this second time *though I ve a joint sponsor who's income qualifies*. Please advise. Thanks.

I believe the joint sponsor will work but I’m not 100 percent sure. Do you mind sharing the reason why it got denied? And what is the consulate country of the beneficiary just to get an idea thanks again. 

39 minutes ago, Tutuka said:

Yeaah likei said i ve never worked since all des years that i ve been outside d State n i ve a joint sponsor too n u still think that Will be a problem?

Lots of people never worked and still file. If you make less than certain amount per year, you don't have to file, but you need to include a statement about that. Just "Not filing" is a problem. 

• Ontarkie changed the title to REAFFIRMED CASE (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate questions merged. Spouses accounts are permitted but as the question is the same it's better to keep them together. ~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Dallas2019 said:

I believe the joint sponsor will work but I’m not 100 percent sure. Do you mind sharing the reason why it got denied? And what is the consulate country of the beneficiary just to get an idea thanks again. 

Thanks but i stated d reason for denial ( d cosular doubted d marriage).

Timeline
34 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Lots of people never worked and still file. If you make less than certain amount per year, you don't have to file, but you need to include a statement about that. Just "Not filing" is a problem. 

Stil don't get u or u don't get me. What do i file tax when didn't work publicly or privately.  Still don't really get u pls 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Tutuka said:

Stil don't get u or u don't get me. What do i file tax when didn't work publicly or privately.  Still don't really get u pls 

I am not good with taxes, but pretty sure even if you didnt work you need to file something...

Another issue might be that you are not residing in the US and since the visa is a reunification one, you need to show intent to move to the US or have kept ties to the US while living abroad. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.