TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Pat Argen said:

I just received an email from the USCIS saying “Interview Was Scheduled” for me and my mom’s i-485 application!!

My heart is still pounding and I couldn’t believe it with my own eyes that I asked my stepdad to read the email for me. I was trying so hard to have our work permit and travel permit expedited since I wanted to work and save up some money so that I can finish my last semester of college back in my home country but I guess the i-485 interview getting scheduled is better than getting the i-765 expedited.

Hopefully we receive our interview date soon and before late October! Our LFO is Chicago, though I’m keeping my fingers crossed and praying for a late September-Early October interview date. 

how long did you guys get an interview date after the “Interview Was Scheduled” notification?? please let me know. Thank you!

Wow! That's awesome! Massive congratulations. 🙌

Your interview might be scheduled for October 1st., maybe before. It tends to be 6 weeks after the status update.

It was about time. Congratulations again. 

Time to celebrate!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok, last minute panic before my GC interview tomorrow - I don’t have a print out of my I-94... do I need to take one with me to the interview? I have pretty much zero access to a printer at this point. I have my passport and my entry date is of course stamped in there. Help!

9 hours ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

Ok, last minute panic before my GC interview tomorrow - I don’t have a print out of my I-94... do I need to take one with me to the interview? I have pretty much zero access to a printer at this point. I have my passport and my entry date is of course stamped in there. Help!

Just had my interview last month. I had brought this print out but they didn't ask about it and it wasn't mentioned at all. Honestly we brought a ton of stuff and they barely asked for anything! I think you should be good to go! Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Wow! That's awesome! Massive congratulations. 🙌

Your interview might be scheduled for October 1st., maybe before. It tends to be 6 weeks after the status update.

It was about time. Congratulations again. 

Time to celebrate!

Thank you so much!!!! 💛 I can’t wait to get this over with. It’s been a long, anxious process. Especially with never receiving the work & travel permit despite our efforts to put in case inquiries & expedite requests. Will update soon! Time to gather the paperwork for the interview! 🎊

Timeline

I do want to congratulate everyone on their approval so far whether that's the combo/GC. I know I don't check in often and miss things/updates. I really hope those still waiting for something hear something real soon for sure!! ❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
8 minutes ago, jakejon said:

I do want to congratulate everyone on their approval so far whether that's the combo/GC. I know I don't check in often and miss things/updates. I really hope those still waiting for something hear something real soon for sure!! ❤️ 

I know this is basic information, but as I wait for the interview date letter, what did you guys all prepare for the interview? I have joint bills/paperwork/wedding album/photos. Will the letter say what you need to bring? I'm assuming passport, birth certificate and such?

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

1 hour ago, JMCKNG said:

I know this is basic information, but as I wait for the interview date letter, what did you guys all prepare for the interview? I have joint bills/paperwork/wedding album/photos. Will the letter say what you need to bring? I'm assuming passport, birth certificate and such?

The letter lists out in bullet points what you should  bring. They should have most of it already, but its probably just in case something got lost, or they want to double check and make sure nothing has changed. We took a day or two to gather everything on the letter once we got it, spent an afternoon at my parents house printing everything, and then set it aside until a week before the interview when we went through everything we printed and put it in order they listed on the letter.

There is a part that just says "supporting evidence" and in for that we brought our join lease, bank statements, joint utility statements, joint health insurance, and a photo album. Our interviewer asked if there was anything we wanted to add to the application so we just handed him that stuff to keep with the exception of the photo album. He didn't even notice we had it until we were about to leave, but then he got all excited and said seeing the photos were the best parts of his day so we stayed an extra five minutes and he flipped through it. He didn't ask to keep any of the photos.

If you have changes in the affidavit of support, make sure you bring that information (like, proof of a raise) so that it is more up to date. Our interviewer asked us if we wanted to submit any updates to it, but compensation doesn't take place in my job until October so I didn't have anything new to add.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

Hey!

There is a list on the letter but it's the usual joint things like bank accounts, car insurance etc

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

The letter lists out in bullet points what you should  bring. They should have most of it already, but its probably just in case something got lost, or they want to double check and make sure nothing has changed. We took a day or two to gather everything on the letter once we got it, spent an afternoon at my parents house printing everything, and then set it aside until a week before the interview when we went through everything we printed and put it in order they listed on the letter.

There is a part that just says "supporting evidence" and in for that we brought our join lease, bank statements, joint utility statements, joint health insurance, and a photo album. Our interviewer asked if there was anything we wanted to add to the application so we just handed him that stuff to keep with the exception of the photo album. He didn't even notice we had it until we were about to leave, but then he got all excited and said seeing the photos were the best parts of his day so we stayed an extra five minutes and he flipped through it. He didn't ask to keep any of the photos.

If you have changes in the affidavit of support, make sure you bring that information (like, proof of a raise) so that it is more up to date. Our interviewer asked us if we wanted to submit any updates to it, but compensation doesn't take place in my job until October so I didn't have anything new to add.

Thank you! This is great information to have. I have him on a handful of utility bills, my insurance, and actually in my will (I know super morbid) so I will print off all of that information. I just made a wedding/engagement photo album I made and I will bring printed photos if they do ask to keep anything. Did they have a copy of the full 485 application there already? I wouldn't need to bring that?

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

Thank you! This is great information to have. I have him on a handful of utility bills, my insurance, and actually in my will (I know super morbid) so I will print off all of that information. I just made a wedding/engagement photo album I made and I will bring printed photos if they do ask to keep anything. Did they have a copy of the full 485 application there already? I wouldn't need to bring that?

Do you have MJF tax returns, joint bank accounts, credit cards etc? Not sure if you have SSN yet to allow that? Obv you can get ITIN for tax returns etc

Edited by jakejon

Timeline

I'm going to be using my AP on way back early Sept. Hopefully all goes well. Seattle will be my POE. I have the usual docs with me, combo card, interview notice. Hope all goes well as POE lol. Leaving tonight and I'm on edge with immigration thoughts etc

Edited by jakejon

13 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

They had a full copy of the i-485. We brought another just incase.

3 minutes ago, jakejon said:

I'm going to be using my AP on way back early Sept. Hopefully all goes well. Seattle will be my POE. I have the usual docs with me, combo card, interview notice. Hope all goes well as POE lol. Leaving tonight and I'm on edge with immigration thoughts etc

Woot! So excited for you! Im sure everything will go smoothly!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you guys experienced receiving somewhat “empty emails” from uscis? They sent 4 emails early this morning saying they took recent actions on my case and log into my account to see it but when I checked the site nothing was changed. Could this be just a glitch on their system or is the site just not updated yet???

4BD57D96-65CF-4FB4-BB19-7A35359CEC21.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, Pat Argen said:

Have you guys experienced receiving somewhat “empty emails” from uscis? They sent 4 emails early this morning saying they took recent actions on my case and log into my account to see it but when I checked the site nothing was changed. Could this be just a glitch on their system or is the site just not updated yet???

The app did this to me a couple times in the past weeks

12 minutes ago, Pat Argen said:

The website has been malfunctioning for about a month. It will be down again today and tomorrow as they are yet again, trying to fix it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.